National Logistics Services (NLS)

National Logistics Services (NLS) Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
its not guarantee that every day u have work day if it is slow they cut ur house and sometimes they tell come next week.we work so hard there but not worth it the salary.
Work as general labourer and full time available there is very good atmosphere all safety things are required for employees and proper breaks are also given
Working with national logistics services was highly effective and productive skills development with efficient and productive team working there gives pleasure
having fun while do work and co-operation among all employers. even, all the team leaders and supervisors are also good and helpful and overall environment is good.
Pros
free lunches on special occasions
Cons
too busy during sale season
Each work day we would have to first place products that come out of boxes on the rack, this would take us to the 1st break to complete. If we finished early we would start picking. Picking is when we go each ally and scan any products that the companies consumers want.
Great place to work. one of the cleanest warehouse ever. although it is small it has great floors ad the staff are generally clean people. the overtime is not stressful. you can get lots of paid breaks.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
waiting time to unload trucks
I worked here as a General Labourer through a Temp agency. Poor pay, but worth the experience. Simple job. Could be considered a monotonous job but the people there were great and the environment is not restricting. They ship primarily clothing and miscellaneous clothing items so labour is not overly intensive. That being said some boxes can be 35-55 lbs but average around 15lbs. I did work as a temp, so do keep that in mind. In terms of experience, you indirectly learn the ins-and-outs of a logistic company and get to work closely with others. Not much required in terms of foreknowledge, quite a simple job. They host company lunches on holidays, and they seem to treat there full-time employee's with respect and they value there dedication. I had an amazing experience working at NLS, for the past 2 summers!
Pros
Great company, great people.
Cons
Long days, manual labour.
Working there was a very pleasurable experience. Work was fast paced but coworkers helped each other out. A con I can include were the lack of training, for example the use of RF Scanners. All in all, a very nice place to work.
Mainly a shipping and receiving job. Lots of hand bombing, organizing, building pallets, wrapping, loading and inbound/outbound scanning.

Management is good and the work place culture is decent as well.

Hardest part is the super busy fridays.

Enjoyable parts is some days work is light and less than usual.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Super busy fridays
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Logistics Services (NLS)?
Enjoyed doing work and love to do the cashier jobs, good management, punctual, good salary and maximum hours and overtime is available for earning extra money
I have learned a lot of things at national logistics and they will really help in future. I have learned to pack, sort and assemble the items. Collecting the items basically called picking and did ticketing too.
Pros
free lunch and picnics
Cons
supervisor behaviour was not good
Pertains to one NLS location located on Beckett Drive, Mississauga.
Some of the upper management was problematic, one individual to be more specific. They were passive aggressive, argumentative, underhanded and they had a tendency to ignore fellow workers input.
Pros
surrounded by friends until many were fired for unjustifiable reasons
Cons
long hours, poor pay, poor work environment, little care for employees
this company was nice.

For my experience with this company was good everything was OK except for some rude employee other then that everything was perfect.
Pros
free lunch every holiday
Cons
sometime