National Logistics Services (NLS)

National Logistics Services (NLS) Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

The prime function of this position is to provide support to the supply chain through collecting, loading, shipping and receiving warehouse products In a fast paced environment.
No one there likes their job and management along with HR are incompetent. A friend of mine who worked there years ago warned me, but I had to learn the hard way. Don't even bother wasting your time.
Nice company culture, Management always recognised the good workers and encouraaged them to work towards improving themseves. there is the opportunity for advancement as they encouraged all staff to apply for vacancies within the company before advertising outside
Pros
activities and free lunch
Cons
not enough money
Good work culture,Leadership is always approachable and I feel my opinions and insights are considered and respected. Management is supportive of my goals and encourages personal and professional development. I feel challenged to do my best each and every day, and am encouraged to go outside of my comfort zone to grow and learn new skills. Salary and benefits are competitive, and the company is very generous with bonuses and extra "perks." I enjoy the satisfaction of working hard to achieve my goals, and the company culture creates the perfect atmosphere for ambition and motivation to thrive. Work is fast-paced and impactful, and I've built meaningful relationships with many of my co-workers in the time I've been here. has high expectations of their employees, which I can appreciate because I have high expectations of my employer.
Fast paced, cool place, not my cup of tea but you know how it is, signing in for everything was a hassle, computer systems always malfuntion it was a biut weird.
At NLS you never grow bored. This place always has something to be done. And it seems like every job you get there you learn something new! And the work environment is very family like.
The main reason for leaving it due to less hours and it's a seasonal job.however it provides good pay but thi job is not permenant so it creates trouble during winter.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not fix jobG
good place to work at but some supervisors are stupid. however, the warehouse is fun to work at and also work is not hard at all but when the work is busy you have to keep up with the pace.
This organization doesn’t care about it’s employees. Management will use you and then cast you aside heartlessly. I needed to litigate in order to get what was otherwise obligatory by law.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Logistics Services (NLS)?
Work as general labourer and full time available there is very good atmosphere all safety things are required for employees and proper breaks are also given
fast paced environment and allowed you to pick up many skills, such as multi tasking, efficiency and effectiveness. Use of RF technology to pick orders
The day-to-day work is very easy to understand. Clients are very understanding and most include NLS when giving employee discounts.The NLS work team works together like a family.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Salary
Team leads have lots of discrimination and management don'tcare.The company is mess with messy warehouse with same rotten people . Not an ideal place for working specially if you are experienced
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Non professional run this company
they pay minimum wage but expect you to work long hours. management is unlikeable and inefficient. hr is useless. look somewhere else don't waste your time
Pros
Cons
wage is minimum, management, hr is awful
Basic salary and no real benefits. Warehouse staff makes only a dollar less than the office staff whose position is considered "Skilled", and froklift orperators makes more than even office staff. But does have a good work/life balance. Does not ask you to stay over time on a weekly basis, only duering sale periods when everyone rotates and on a voluntrary basis. Monthly social events in appreciation for the staff, but differs from building site to building site, so no real standard. (Ex: one building only does pot lucks or "sales", while another does full on lunches for its employees paid for by the company). Absolutely no job security, you will never be provided a job perfomance review unless a team leader or higher, so you will never know if you're doing good or bad, which can be used to dismiss you anytime. High turnover rate. Great for ganing experience but nothing else, keep searching for another job in another company. Leave as fast as you can. If you are applying for a forklift position and have experience, you can negotiate salary.
having fun while do work and co-operation among all employers. even, all the team leaders and supervisors are also good and helpful and overall environment is good.
Pros
free lunches on special occasions
Cons
too busy during sale season
I just had the position as a summer student and it was decent. Enjoyable part was I was able to work independently and in small groups with friendly staff.
Poor Overall Experience There was a certain arrogance in the staff specially shipping and it is apparent that you are merely an under achieving placeholder; I did not feel respected and often felt easily replaceable. The overall atmosphere was chaotic, disorganized and often emotional due to high pressure felt in all departments; very negative. There was a lack of support in place for new employees very rude over all was a nightmare except few people who were kind and helpful but always scared to support since the management fire you without notice without reason
its not guarantee that every day u have work day if it is slow they cut ur house and sometimes they tell come next week.we work so hard there but not worth it the salary.
I came to work here for the Christmas rush and it was decent pay ($16.75/hr) but my first day of training was terrible. No one told me I had to sign in to something or even where to sign in, no one told me about work orders or when breaks would be, NOTHING! They expect you to learn everything asap, I was switching between so many different tasks, I'd always forget all the numbers and procedures because they teach me something new too often where it doesn't stick. The office workers are worthless, they can't do their job right, I did not receive any pay stubs, and when I asked for my previous ones they told me they sent it in the mail, and I never received them ever, they never told you they had them & to pick them up during the shift. Getting days off is 10x harder than it has to be and if you request time off they don't even tell you if it has been approved. They also don't even remember they gave you the day off, they forget you aren't coming in and they ask where you were...?? They are so unorganized it blows my mind, they always run out of things, and no one refills anything, everyone leaves messes everywhere. There has been garbage in the cubbies and on top of a vending machine for 2 months...probably longer. No one does their job properly. Also, my pay got decreased in the new year ($14.00/hr) so for me staying was pointless when other warehouses pay better. They can also fire you instantly if they are unhappy with you doing something, if they see you on your phone you will get fired or sent home if they see it more than once. Be careful they will fire - more...
Pros
Complimentry food (special occasions), Independant work, two 30 min breaks.
Cons
unorganized, long hours, terrible management, unfriendly workers (hard to make friends), tedious, rushed yet want perfection
This was a good place to work...... with very helpful supervisors...... Great hours with great pay..... Lots of overtime hours during the holidays alos