National Logistics Services (NLS)

National Logistics Services (NLS) Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

It was alright, good for a temporary job. It is a good experience as a student as it teaches you what your options are if you don't work your way up through education.
Salary could be better considering the position and job titles . More vacation days rather than two weeks per year regardless of the amount of years working with NLS.
I spent my 1 and half year at nls. Good atmosphere and excellent staff makes the nls company perfect Good Nice staff Quality perfect Nice atmosphere Good salary
Typical warehouse environment. Good people to work with but not much growth opportunities. Been a while since I worked there so may be different now.
i wouldnt really recomend working here to be honest. the mangment is horriabble and the treat thier workers like trash. they often set unrealistic high target that no worker can achive in a shift
Pros
workers
Cons
management
we did a lot of fun there. They give free lunches after every two weeks. Supervisors are really very helpful. Shipping receiving is almost busy over there most of time. In short i had a best memories over there.
Pros
free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
no job securiyty
We did not have to lift heavy boxes. A typical day at work was ordered picking and ticketing. The hardest part of the job was when the item we needed was not there so we would have to open a new box, empty it out and then cut the box and throw it in the recycling bin. I managed to get some minor cuts while cutting the boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch breaks. Overall, the employees and supervisors there were nice.
Pros
We got one paid lunch
Cons
There were days at work which were slow and not productive. We were sent home early.
* Superb management with broad vision and positive thinking * learned all the operation process, how to manage SLA, importance of interaction with clients, reports ,score cards etc. * management always appreciate " Think out of the box" approach * Very positive culture at work place
Pros
Working hours, management, parties
Cons
salary
the place has good benefits but not very good pay. there are a lot of free lunches around 1-2 per month. celebrates lots of different cultures and their holidays.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not consistant hours
Each work day we would have to first place products that come out of boxes on the rack, this would take us to the 1st break to complete. If we finished early we would start picking. Picking is when we go each ally and scan any products that the companies consumers want.
Organize, clean, pleasant working environment. Had a great team and management support system. Open for career advancement and training. Consistent with employees appreciation and motivation approach.
3 years working with the company, they didn't listen to the workers. Sometimes very unorganized,fast woking and little appreciation to your hard work
Although I worked there temporarily, but I had a great experience because the supervisor was very understanding. They let everyone work on their individual pace which is commendable for such a big company.
Scanning boxes and putting them in the right location. Overall the job wasn't fast paced. The boxes weren't heavy and they gave proper equipment to transport the boxes to different parts of the warehouse.
Enjoyed working environment, good staff. But not secure As not sure whenever they will call work is slow so shift is cancelled. Otherwise your efforts are recognized and rewarded
learnt very much gained experience met new friends people are lovely and seniors are also co operative unforgetable memories fun parties at work earned good money
Its a hit and miss with NLS. Depending what location you work for. I have learned a lot in the shipping/receiving department to the point i got all my certifications.
Pros
easy training
Cons
busy days
overall it is a good company to survive especially for students........good and adjusting hours.......encougring environment ..............................
Working there was a very pleasurable experience. Work was fast paced but coworkers helped each other out. A con I can include were the lack of training, for example the use of RF Scanners. All in all, a very nice place to work.
Enjoyed doing work and love to do the cashier jobs, good management, punctual, good salary and maximum hours and overtime is available for earning extra money
I have learned a lot of things at national logistics and they will really help in future. I have learned to pack, sort and assemble the items. Collecting the items basically called picking and did ticketing too.
Pros
free lunch and picnics
Cons
supervisor behaviour was not good