National Logistics Services (NLS) Employee Reviews

A good first step company for inexperienced leaders
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2019
If it is your first time in a leadership role, you will find that NLS is a good starting point. This company will help you to develop your leadership/people skills as they utilize a massive range of agency workers. They often do not hire full time employees which makes it difficult to manage the manpower.
Nice Compay and very productive
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto27 February 2019
A great company to join and learn the 3pl processes and WMS, Management focuses on developing employees' skills through different types of classes. The company has more that three warehouses in the GTA which provides better opportunity for managers and staff to cross train on different areas of expertise.
Terrible
Seasonal Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2019
I came to work here for the Christmas rush and it was decent pay ($16.75/hr) but my first day of training was terrible. No one told me I had to sign in to something or even where to sign in, no one told me about work orders or when breaks would be, NOTHING!

They expect you to learn everything asap, I was switching between so many different tasks, I'd always forget all the numbers and procedures because they teach me something new too often where it doesn't stick.

The office workers are worthless, they can't do their job right, I did not receive any pay stubs, and when I asked for my previous ones they told me they sent it in the mail, and I never received them ever, they never told you they had them & to pick them up during the shift.

Getting days off is 10x harder than it has to be and if you request time off they don't even tell you if it has been approved. They also don't even remember they gave you the day off, they forget you aren't coming in and they ask where you were...??

They are so unorganized it blows my mind, they always run out of things, and no one refills anything, everyone leaves messes everywhere. There has been garbage in the cubbies and on top of a vending machine for 2 months...probably longer. No one does their job properly. Also, my pay got decreased in the new year ($14.00/hr) so for me staying was pointless when other warehouses pay better.

They can also fire you instantly if they are unhappy with you doing something, if they see you on your phone you will get fired or sent home if they see it more than once. Be careful they will fire
  more... you over a lot.

If you want a quick temporary job when they are paying higher, try it because they don't respect you. If you want to climb the ladder in the company, don't do it here unless you want to fix their mistakes.

It was decent pay for the 3 months but stressed me out SO much where I couldn't even sleep.
Pros
Complimentry food (special occasions), Independant work, two 30 min breaks.
Cons
unorganized, long hours, terrible management, unfriendly workers (hard to make friends), tedious, rushed yet want perfection
Absolute joke of a company!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Management is terrible and has a high school mentality. Workers Are making mininmim wage and are asked for more Everyday.

Culture is terrible and all associates are looking for jobs else where.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Nls
HR Takes up for her friends...Specially HR from Mongram & Iron Street
Woker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2018
Human resources not good at handling parties.
Resolutions are very poor specialty at Monogram pl
HR
Takes up for team leaders Fire people on regular basis for no reason..
Reasons all fake
TERRIBLE.
HR from Iron Street & Monogram place .
Pros
Same crape
Cons
Poor management
Not a great place to work
Director Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2018
Very top down approach. The mindset is the upper brass are the thinkers and the rest are to be doers. Not sure where the company is since it has changed ownership a few times
overall excellent work environment
E-Commerce Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  7045 beckett dr,mississauga13 September 2018
I like to work at friendly work environment that is NLS maintains .
every team member is helpful and provide guidance when needed.
if any member feels uncomfortable with work, management also find the alternatives to make his/her comfortable at work.
Pros
appreciation after good job
Cons
nothing.
Great working experience and source of income.
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
Organize, clean, pleasant working environment. Had a great team and management support system. Open for career advancement and training. Consistent with employees appreciation and motivation approach.
Not the best environment
RETURNS CLERK / RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
3 years working with the company, they didn't listen to the workers. Sometimes very unorganized,fast woking and little appreciation to your hard work
good workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 August 2018
very good environment. team work. management is fabulous. care about health and safety. no haters. every body is helpful and friendly. clean place. NLS
Pros
prize every months
Cons
restrooms are not clean
Fun environment and people to work with.
IT Production Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2018
Great environment to work with. People are nice in general. Lots of possible room for career advancement within the company. My bosses and senior staff are great mentors for my next career. I learned a lot from them.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay was just OK
Relaxed ,no stress ,family environment
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Improve my communication skill and confidence level,it builds my mind creativity.culture was very friendly.No hard part.Celebrate festivals.Care about each other.
Pros
free lunch
Terrible
Order/Cherry Picker Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Terrible company unless you are Indian, as most managers are Indian. No work stability, people get fired daily for no reason. Very rude management. Unrealistic expectations.
Very high labour
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2018
A typical day at works generally starts off with a 5min team meeting where the management instructs all the workers on the tasks which lie ahead for the rest of the day. Following that everyone goes to their respective stations and we sort out packages. At the end of the day we all clean the warehouse up so that it is not untidy the next morning. Through this experience I learned how to repetitively get used to doing the same thing for a whole day without getting bored, I learned how to make everyday a special one instead of dreading my work, although I am an individual who would rather do a variety of different tasks everyday. In my opinion I think that the management was very well organised, in the sense that they had very good communication with all the workers. The workplace culture was most definitely very hardworking and labour heavy, you could see how hard everyone works in that warehouse. Like I said, the hardest part of the job was always staying on my feet nonstop, even for lunch the benches we sat on were not the comfiest however that was only a minor setback. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way that the whole company felt like another family, everyone was friendly even while working, they had many BBQ's which allowed us to constantly feel appreciated.
Pros
Weekly BBQ's
Cons
Always on my feet- very tiring
Good place
Scanner and Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
Its a nice place to work with such good leaders but the thing is that when they dont have work they send the workers home who are working part time so this should be changed
Good working environment but not secure
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckett drive brampton24 April 2018
Enjoyed working environment, good staff. But not secure As not sure whenever they will call work is slow so shift is cancelled. Otherwise your efforts are recognized and rewarded
Well organized
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Great experience with this firm. When I moved to Toronto I did my research and applied specifically to Breakaway. They exceeded my expectations with genuine kindness. The receptionist is blunt but good-hearted. Miss receptionist, if you're reading this **** the Haters! I will be going back to them in the future. Worth a try seeing these professionals who look out for your interests, and for their own. Peace.
Good Learning Experience
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
The Merchandise Processor role was to pick products in the distribution centre. Also perform other warehouse activities. No pressure at work, people are nice and friendly. Dedicated team
inefficient work culture
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
This company was very dysfunctional and lead by poor management, with generally less pay then its competitors. The culture in the work place is very inclusive and doesn't allow for work place bounding.
productive and friendly workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2018
learnt very much gained experience met new friends people are lovely and seniors are also co operative unforgetable memories fun parties at work earned good money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Logistics Services (NLS). Our community is ready to answer.

National Logistics Services (NLS) Reviews by Location