National Logistics Services (NLS) Employee Reviews

Absolute joke of a company!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Management is terrible and has a high school mentality. Workers Are making mininmim wage and are asked for more Everyday.

Culture is terrible and all associates are looking for jobs else where.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Nls
Great working experience and source of income.
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
Organize, clean, pleasant working environment. Had a great team and management support system. Open for career advancement and training. Consistent with employees appreciation and motivation approach.
Very high labour
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2018
A typical day at works generally starts off with a 5min team meeting where the management instructs all the workers on the tasks which lie ahead for the rest of the day. Following that everyone goes to their respective stations and we sort out packages. At the end of the day we all clean the warehouse up so that it is not untidy the next morning. Through this experience I learned how to repetitively get used to doing the same thing for a whole day without getting bored, I learned how to make everyday a special one instead of dreading my work, although I am an individual who would rather do a variety of different tasks everyday. In my opinion I think that the management was very well organised, in the sense that they had very good communication with all the workers. The workplace culture was most definitely very hardworking and labour heavy, you could see how hard everyone works in that warehouse. Like I said, the hardest part of the job was always staying on my feet nonstop, even for lunch the benches we sat on were not the comfiest however that was only a minor setback. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way that the whole company felt like another family, everyone was friendly even while working, they had many BBQ's which allowed us to constantly feel appreciated.
Pros
Weekly BBQ's
Cons
Always on my feet- very tiring
HR Takes up for her friends...Specially HR from Mongram & Iron Street
Woker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2018
Human resources not good at handling parties.
Resolutions are very poor specialty at Monogram pl
HR
Takes up for team leaders Fire people on regular basis for no reason..
Reasons all fake
TERRIBLE.
HR from Iron Street & Monogram place .
Pros
Same crape
Cons
Poor management
overall excellent work environment
E-Commerce Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  7045 beckett dr,mississauga13 September 2018
I like to work at friendly work environment that is NLS maintains .
every team member is helpful and provide guidance when needed.
if any member feels uncomfortable with work, management also find the alternatives to make his/her comfortable at work.
Pros
appreciation after good job
Cons
nothing.
Terrible
Order/Cherry Picker Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Terrible company unless you are Indian, as most managers are Indian. No work stability, people get fired daily for no reason. Very rude management. Unrealistic expectations.
inefficient work culture
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
This company was very dysfunctional and lead by poor management, with generally less pay then its competitors. The culture in the work place is very inclusive and doesn't allow for work place bounding.
Cons
Fun environment and people to work with.
IT Production Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2018
Great environment to work with. People are nice in general. Lots of possible room for career advancement within the company. My bosses and senior staff are great mentors for my next career. I learned a lot from them.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Pay was just OK
good workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 August 2018
very good environment. team work. management is fabulous. care about health and safety. no haters. every body is helpful and friendly. clean place. NLS
Pros
prize every months
Cons
restrooms are not clean
Great expectations, fantastic people, poor leadership
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
I had the chance to meet and work with some great people, the client had many challenges but that's part of working for a 3PL.

The biggest challenges were internal, leadership at most buildings felt that people could be treated like numbers. The personal interactions became transactional, people only wanted to protect themselves and as a result morale is very poor.

There could be a great opportunity to change the morale but the Executive team needs to open the dialogue with the front line staff and shift supervisors. The different levels of mid level and senior managers, Operations Mgrs, General Managers & Directors, have created an insulated space where problems are covered up, quick fixes or band aids applied to problems.
Pros
great people, lots of work
Cons
zero concern over work life balance
Relaxed ,no stress ,family environment
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
Improve my communication skill and confidence level,it builds my mind creativity.culture was very friendly.No hard part.Celebrate festivals.Care about each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not a great place to work
Director Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2018
Very top down approach. The mindset is the upper brass are the thinkers and the rest are to be doers. Not sure where the company is since it has changed ownership a few times
Not the best environment
RETURNS CLERK / RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
3 years working with the company, they didn't listen to the workers. Sometimes very unorganized,fast woking and little appreciation to your hard work
Productive and friendly workplace
Packer and Scanner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
This company is a great workplace. Allows you to grow and become a better you. Team members are awesome and it has a balance work life. Management are friendly and will help achieve different positions in the company.
Pros
Positive Culture, Career development
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2018
Great place to work - people and atmosphere were awesome. Job was varied and so leaned different things. People were helpful and management staff were supportive and helpful.
Productive and fun work place
Admin. Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2017
Management is great! They work together as a team to accomplish goals. Great workplace culture and employee recognition program. There are a lot of Advancement opportunities as company is growing.
Enjoy working here at NLS.
Well organized
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Great experience with this firm. When I moved to Toronto I did my research and applied specifically to Breakaway. They exceeded my expectations with genuine kindness. The receptionist is blunt but good-hearted. Miss receptionist, if you're reading this **** the Haters! I will be going back to them in the future. Worth a try seeing these professionals who look out for your interests, and for their own. Peace.
It's a warehouse job
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 October 2017
Typical pick, pack, deal with issues, coach on how to use the RF scanners, and fix inventory issues.
Love working with the people. Alot of multiculture in the workplace.
Pros
free food once a month, good area for advancement
Cons
lower pay
AMAZING culture
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 April 2017
I had the privilege to witness an amazing group of executives, while being mentored by an amazing Director of HR, along with great HR team members. The culture of the company is outstanding & every day was exciting.
Pros
positive culture, career development
Cons
Enjoyable and friendly environment.
general worker with certain duties. (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario22 April 2012
Everyday my job was to scan shoe boxes and print out labels. I learnt to do job at a fast pace environment. The management was little bit disorganized and non-active but very friendly and joyful. Co-workers were very friendly and behaved with me like a family member. The hardest part of the job was taking out the boxes from the trailers (not everyday, just once or twice in a month). Everything else was enjoyable and I loved it.
Pros
pizza parties, employee benefits like corporate discounts, flexible timings.
Cons
little bit disorganized, the place was warm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Logistics Services (NLS). Our community is ready to answer.

National Logistics Services (NLS) Reviews by Location