National Fire Equipment Ltd.

Working at National Fire Equipment Ltd.: 19 National Fire Equipment Ltd. Reviews

Canada19 reviews

Great place of work

Management does not micro-manage.You are given fair wages for your work.Company values family and is very understanding to your needs.Very friendly environment, everyone is like family.

Feels like a big family, good industry to work in, like an extended family

Mechanical apptitude and a good memory will serve you well as will your typing speed. You need excellent Forklifting skills and be able to recognize symbolic letter-number sequences which associates with aspects of the product. Memorizing part numbers gets easier as your knowledge picks up on what dimensions and notable aspects of the part relate to the number.

Insights into National Fire Equipment Ltd.

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

HR is amazing but management not so great

Underpaid and micromanaged by very aggressive supervisors. Everyone is trying to be the boss and lots off gossip and throwing under the bus. Drivers are pushed and monitored by GPS. Warehouse work is pretty laid back and steady paced. Salesman are under pressure to perform with low pay. Busy company so there is always work.

Pros

Lots of snacks and pizza parties. Benefits after 3 months

Cons

Not a team environment

It was ok

The job was exciting. Go to work at 6am leave by 3pm but there were those days where I’d would leave till 5pm which at times I didn’t mind but when I had plans to attend somewhere after my scheduled time they would purposely make me stay a bit longer when I would be late or miss my appointment. But other than that it was a very good environment with the employees and certain management. I guess the best part of this job were the long delivery drives absolutely loved it.

Pros

1 hour lunches Long drives for delivery Company events

Cons

The pay isnt the greatest

Not a bad place to work if you’re looking for a warehouse job with no opportunity to advance.

Decent pay for warehouse work, and is pretty relaxed. Management was nice, but sales reps are very under paid with no commission and there are really no opportunities to advance in the company.

Pros

Relaxed, decent pay ( warehouse)

Cons

Bad pay ( sales ), no opportunity for growth

Employees are respectful to each other

Apart from the pay, the culture is good. The environment is diverse and employees are respectful to each other. Hardly anybody was rude. The office environment was safe and clean. Because there was an HR department the employee rights were better implemented.

Pros

great benefits, office setting is good

Cons

strict working hours ie time in and out

Excellent place to work

Fast-paced and friendly environment. One needs to be focused and hardworking. Management does not micromanage people and is open to process development.

stressful

working here was stressful, and the pay sucked. promised a good raise and was given next to nothing. management didnt address any issues. its a very clique place. and for new people to the industry it was hard

Nice people, Quiet work enviorment

The hours were consistent and I enjoyed working with new customers but I wanted to take my career in a different direction so that I am able to do what I love!

Good place for employees to retire, need more diversity in terms of employee race and background

I like that the company respects employee seniority. It does need more diversity in terms of employee race and background. The company should encourage employee growth by offering to send them to school, courses or conferences. The company should also practice more internal employee promotions to reward them of years of service. I enjoyed that the deadlines are not as strict. Also the management should offer flexible hours where summer hours are shorter in exchange for longer hours of work either in the fall or spring.

Pros

No strict deadlines, job manageability

Cons

Working hours are not flexible and no job growth

it was a good job

great start to my career, learned a lot. the top management was okay, since they had a lot of employees to deal with. but my manager was great, helped me out during the job and outside the job

Awesome place to work. !!

*It is a good place to work and learn grow yourself fast. Management & Senior colleagues are very cooperative. * Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.. * Top Management listens to you, Friendly Atmosphere, WFH and work life balance, * Compensation,, long weekend barbaque, ,every month birthday cakeday, great chrismas party. health benifits coverage.profit sharing.

Pros

lots. benifits..

not a good place

place paint a good picture when they interview you but once you have work experience you figure out it's all smoke and mirror. they have a HR dept that only looks out for the management once you complain about them they start treating you like a outsider.(facts).

not a nurturing enviroment .

during my tenure with National , i procured a new location , personally sought out and over saw tradesmen to reconfigure new building for business requirements requirements . hired all staff , built a brand new product min/ max portfolio . Managed all inside and outside accounts and business developement . there was no support from my company .

Pros

truck allowance

Cons

would prefer not to comment

When you have to work

from the first day training was limited I depended on the ladies from head office to teach me the basics , never was given the feel that I was a welcome addition or feel secure in the position I work for them for 3 years my being laid off was a mix blessing .

Pros

independance

Cons

no training

Great people

Good Place to work. People are very nice.Company BBQ, profit sharing available. Newer equipment in use. year round work, even when considered slow time

Pros

Good hours

Busy productive sales oriented and achieved

Solid business great staff great product lines and great market margins. 60 YEARS IN BUSINESS AND IT SHOWS huge provider of fire equipment to the Canadian industry

Pros

Busy fast paced

Cons

family run different sets of rules

Professional, Small office environment

Great place to work but no chance of advancement. Day to day was chaotic at times with limited staff and with a growing business no attention was placed on getting the desired labour. Labour shortage.

Depressing, chaotic environment with a management style bordering harassment.

No room for advancement, very disorganized management of product and warehouse foot print. All employees there have been there for more than 6- 9 years and have 0 experience in warehousing except for at National Fire. Everyone is a novice forklift operator with certificates but consistently cause accidents to freight drivers and trucks (no consequences). Supervisor in charge is Belligerent and in more than one occasion has had physical altercations with employees whom were let go even though they were not at fault and later were found to be wrongfully dismissed.

Pros

close to my place of residence and the compensation was moderate.

Cons

Barely make ends meet, the annual raise is 25C and if you get it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Fire Equipment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • National Fire Equipment Ltd.