National Film Board of Canada

National Film Board of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Dream workplace
I absolutely loved working for the NFB. Incredibly friendly workplace culture, very open to ideas and collaboration. Beautiful office space with lots of private rooms to take phone calls if needed. Shortest walk from Union Station possible.
Pros
Lots of snacks, nice office, beautiful view, unbeatable location
Cons
Productive and dynamic workplace.
Productive and dynamic workplace that was very opened to mentorship. Very constructive feedback was given to me on a weekly basis, in order to improve my skills. The workplace culture was very positive and the management team was very flexible and accommodating to the needs of the employees. Positive experience working at the National Film Board.
Passionate Individuals telling compelling stories.
Wonderful place to work filled with passionate and driven people. Layed back environment with focus on perfecting the craft of storytelling and elevating Canadian animation and storytelling on the world stage.
It was a great and fun place to work
It was a great and fun place to work absolutely loved it. Everyone there is so friendly, great atmosphere. Amazing location as well, the work was very rewarding as well.
Freelance Visual Research
This is a tough review to write, as I was only on contract with the NFB, as opposed to being a full-time employee. I typically worked from home, so cannot speak to the work environment or culture.

I enjoyed the work that I did, as well as interacting with the NFB employees that I met. It's a creative environment, filled with people working on interesting projects.
Pros
Creative Environment
Cons