National Diabetes Trust

National Diabetes Trust Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Do not work here
I'm not saying this as a disgruntles employee (Former) .I love the company and the cause, but the immediate management is horrible. We are micro managed to pieces. We have to take pictures of everything we do, both before and after so the boss can look at them and decide if we did a good job or an accurate one. 14 hour shifts and constant lifting, and never ever hear anything good.I used to love it, but I just resigned my beloved position. Do not apply to be a driver for National Dollarbetes.
Don't waste your time!
National Diabetes Trust drew me into this company describing a management position, then spent most of my training doing manual labor.
You can expect to receive phone calls around the clock, and work every weekend without being compensated. Don't waste your time!
Dont work for this company
Worked as a contractor servicing donation bins. Basically you are a garbage man for this company. Very low pay , no job security , dirty and very poor management. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Working towards a cause
100% of net profits go towards diabetes research. Working towards helping people feels right.
Extremely fast paced, it's always something to do. Time flies by working here.
Never ever apply for a job here
Tons of garbage to move everyday
I was promised a refund for safety shoes that was never given to me till now

They want you to work like a robot

During my first 2 weeks I was a little slow I was finishing job in time but not as fast as the others did theirs.

They terminated me for no apparent reason. Not a worthy place to dedicate your time
Run Away
run - don't walk from this job - "part time driver" - you'll be expected to move about 10,000 lbs of garbage and clothes - they will put you and the public at risk with weather and unrealistic routes - it's a pure profit center and you are chattel...
Great remote Customer service Agent position
I found National Diabetes Trust Corp, to be a good place to work., I worked remotely from my home office. Management is solid and understanding. You can book days off in advance ...every day I booked off I was able to take.

If you are serious about working you can get some all right hours but it is mostly part time work, however, they don on occasion have 8 hour shift and extra shifts one can pick up.
Pros
A solid company and there is always work and a pay checque
Cons
There are people you call who liked to play games, insult you and just be plain rude.
Exactly what you would expect from a call centre
If you have never worked in a call centre before, I can see why you'd have a bad time. Call centres aren't for everyone. As someone who has worked several years in call centres, here's my opinion:

PROS

- You can work from home (and therefore play simple games to get through the day-to-day monotony of the job).

- The hours are flexible and they do work around your availability. Really good for students.

- Periods of OT every three months or so if you want it

- Short shifts, which helps with how repetitive it is. I couldn't do this job for 8 hours straight

- Pretty lenient when it comes to the script and attendance. They don't expect brilliance. Just don't drop the ball too often.

- You can take your break whenever you feel like

CONS

- You need to at least work every second weekend

- Very unlikely that you'll get the monthly bonus

- Super repetitive, more than I was used to, even though I came from a call centre

- No time between calls; you will be talking the entire shift

- I have never seen an e-mail regarding an opportunity for advancement

- No performance based raises
Don’t Apply Here
I worked for this organization for 2 weeks. They actually fired me without giving me any good reason for the termination. I was brought into the office along with a coworker and got fired in front of the coworker. There was no reason to do that to me. Also, They overwork you just so the higher ups can make their bonuses. The management is absolutely awful and they don’t know how to do their jobs right. The workers are underpaid and under appreciated for their edfforts. I highly recommend people not to apply to this joke of an organization.how to do their jobs properly.
Deceitful
Absolutely the WORST place and organizaton to work for.Management is EVIL, Crooked and will Lie to cover up. Untrained managment trying to tell employees how to do work they have never done themselves. Please dont evewn try working for this crooked organization. ALL in the name of Diabetes. How much money accually goes to Diabetes after top people are paid ?
I am sorry I ever worked here. Embarrased to have been part of the so called TEAM.
Donation box pick up contractor
Only took me one week to figure out the ad i applied to was a plaintant lie.. shame on me for being desperate for extra work. Ad said "make up to $4000per month part time" 1st 2 weeks after i paid for all my own expenses gas etc. I by nearly twice what i made.was in the hole
Drop bin pick up
Very bad experience with London branch. Container never being cleaned out on time, never get paid on time always over a month. They do not follow their own contract at all. Supervisors have broken promises.
Be prepared to work like a dog
The pay is ok but you have to work real quick to get done. I was hired part time so no benefits but then find out I'd be working 12 hour days minimum. Your daily runs are very unrealistic.
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
12 minimum days, very physical and no benefits.
Stay away.
Extremely hard place to work! Management is horrible, they make you feel horrible and not worthy regularly for the smallest thing you didn't do correctly but never praise for the good work and promises of donations you get. There is no way to achieve bonuses, it is not our fault on the phones if a donor forgets to put out donation or if the driver is unable to pick up at the scheduled time.

You take much more abuse for the clients than they will tell you, they make you believe these people are life time donors and are warm and kind when you call. This is not true. You are sworn on and screamed at during every shift multiple times.

Hours are few in the slow times, have to pick up whatever extra you can to make ends meet. This means taking more hours during the holidays and busy seasons, and missing out on family time.

If you really need the job and money, its worth the try, but never stop sending resumes and trying to get away from here.
Don't do it.
This company is incredibly unwilling to train people properly. Using drivers, sometimes temps that cant even park a truck. The drivers are not held to be accountable for appearances or body care. They are rude and disrespectful to staff as well as donors.
Dont work there. Not a good company to work for. I wont even donate to them. I give to another fundraising location. They sell your items to value village and some is garbaged if not to the standards needed.
dirt place
stay away from this place.it`s very toxic and dirty.first they posting part time position,averaging 20-30 hrs a week,but later you starting to work like a full time without benefits.no wonder why ndt keep posting driver positions.because people applying for part time positions,then see what is going on and leaving the company shortly after
Pros
no pros
Cons
liers
Discrimination
If you have a disability or health challenges they will not assist you to accommodate you whatsoever the immediate supervisors are strictly money, free Pick up & schedule driven with no room to care about staff health needs. They will quickly respond that the job isnt fit for you when your outbound call scores clearly show the contrary. They will cut your hours last minute in slow season at their own discretion but will not accommodate you for any health reasons if you request to reduce hours. Non caring money driven, no exageration this is the truth. Pay is too low for what you bring in return. Not enough short breaks to move around.
Pros
Cons
Uncaring
Save your physical and mental health.
Overworked and underpaid. Be expecting to complete 120 pick ups a day of household items BY YOURSELF, that number is correct btw, 120 different address with no idea how much the donor has for you. You will be looked down upon by the community and people will often degrade you as a uneducated loser especially in higher class neighborhoods. Also I hope you're open to dealing with needles, mice and garbage in donation drop boxes. You will also be degraded by Value Village managers on a power trip daily. Complete clown act all around.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Underpaid and unappreciated
Stuck in a rut
It's a job where you're terribly abused and threatened by the clientele. It's very stressful. You don't realize how very stuck in a rut you are with this job until you finally manage to get away from it!

-Unachievable bonus, no matter how you try, this bonus remains forever elusive!

-Don't expect any praise from management when you do well, instead they'll chew you out for small things.

-They tell you you can choose your own hours, but that's not at all true. You'll end up working every single weekend, and after refusing many social events with family and friends, your family and friends no longer ask you because heck, you have to work.

-No benefits at all and max 29 hours per week. You can't afford to get sick because there's no money for prescriptions or meds. Be prepared to work when you're sick if you live alone.

-Raises are pretty elusive too, they call them merit increases, DO NOT fill out a negative company feedback prior to raise time, you will not get a raise!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Stressful, no benefits, rare raises, unachievable bonus system, work every weekend, part time
Unfortunate
Unfortunately a great opportunity to work for a great cause turned out to be nothing but working for a bunch of bullies. Bully culture, the likes I have never seen. Unfortunate because there is a lot of good people that go above and beyond their job description.
Pros
Good staff at local levels
Cons
Bully culture
Good place but too much work for one driver .he needs a helper.
The problem with this job in grande prarie is thst it is a two person job. I am a hard worker but it is way two backbreaking for one person. That is the only reason i left. Great in every way other than that..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Diabetes Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3