National Capital Commission Employee Reviews

Très enrichissant
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  40, Elgin24 January 2019
Les dossiers sont très diversifiés et très interressants.
Pros
Diversité
Cons
Aucun
Fun place to work
Asset and Warehouse Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2018
Enjoyable place to work, Typical routine, check my emails start my job and see if I have a new project in my field of work, Learned a lot about management and the paperwork that goes behind federally crowned buildings. Workplace Culture is different and inclusive to all people. everyone I worked with were genuinely good people and I enjoyed my time at the NCC.
Pros
working in many locations iin the city
Cons
high turn over in staff
C'est très bien!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 November 2017
Très bel endroit pour travailler et évoluer. Une belle région aussi!
Pros
Repas de Noel gratuit
Cons
insécurité
Fun work area with productive team members
Real Estate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2017
Enjoyable place to work, Typical routine like turn on my computer check my emails start my job and see if I have a new project in my field of work, Learned a lot about management and the paperwork that goes behind federally crowned buildings. Workplace Culture was relaxed and inclusive to all people everyone I worked with were genuinely good people and I enjoyed my time at the NCC.
Pros
Field Trips
Winterlude, Canada day
assisting people on the icy slides (Current Employee) –  ottawa12 April 2015
I love volunteering for them. It makes me feel good to help people. They are the most welcoming and energetic people. They are always willing to make people have the best day ever. They helped me develop my costumer service skills.
Perfectly fun to volunteer for.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa4 March 2015
I was a volunteer. It was fun. There is really nothing more to say. At all. This sentence is six words long. I don't know how to skip this. It is forcing me to do this.

Typical day:
There was no typical day.

What I learned:
How to boss people around.

Management:
They were easy going.

Co-workers:
They were lonely.

Hardest part of the job:
Not calling 911.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Making people happy.
Productive, hard work and very rewarding
Junior Gardener (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ont17 February 2015
Working for the NCC at the Official Residences was very hard work, but it paid off. As a junior gardener, I reported to the senior gardeners but I was able to organize and guide the students in order to accomplish tasks effectively and in a timely manner. Management was truly amazing as we all worked as a team and they made me feel very comfortable if I had any questions regarding plants or procedures. The hardest part of the job was that certain days it could be very physically draining, but that comes with the job title. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere and the job itself was very rewarding. The NCC/ the Official residences is a great place to work with very positive attitudes!