National Capital Commission

National Capital Commission Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Fun Environment
Slow paced. The environment is encouraging, respectful and helpful. Great group of people doing their best with a general interest in environmental awareness and social cooperation.
Great!
The manager was a great person and also super helpful and helped whenever he could. He went beyond with his clients and his employees. I would recommend working here if you are thinking of going into the archeology field.
Employment felt like a good family atmosphere.
I Would not mind to work there again. The people I worked with were amazing. I learned so much from them with regards to respect, dignity and communication skills.
Challenging and enriching
During a short assignment, although I faced challenging situations, the atmosphere was of productivity and collaboration.
Management and team were supportive and willing to adopt new suggestions.
great
excellent place to work, learning environment with supportive staff and management. Great for all levels of one's career, open and friendly space with a great social committee
Fun workplace
The Mackenzie King Estate is a really fun place to work at because you're basically outside all day. It involves a lot of walking and learning and is the ideal summer job!
Pros
Nature, walking a lot
Cons
Isolated work environment and accessed only by vehicle
Overall good atmosphere, however lacking growth opportunities
Opportunity to work from home
Teams are usually very cohesive and fun

A little less "red tape" then larger gov't organizations

Fun Sports and Social Club activities almost every month
Pros
Sports and Social Club
Cons
Occasionally poor management & little growth opportunities
Très enrichissant
Les dossiers sont très diversifiés et très interressants.
Pros
Diversité
Cons
Aucun
good
good place to work! they give good hours and good pay always above minimum depending on the job you're doing. Fun crew and fun people while you work. Always making new contacts and experience.
Fun place to work
Enjoyable place to work, Typical routine, check my emails start my job and see if I have a new project in my field of work, Learned a lot about management and the paperwork that goes behind federally crowned buildings. Workplace Culture is different and inclusive to all people. everyone I worked with were genuinely good people and I enjoyed my time at the NCC.
Pros
working in many locations iin the city
Cons
high turn over in staff
C'est très bien!
Très bel endroit pour travailler et évoluer. Une belle région aussi!
Pros
Repas de Noel gratuit
Cons
insécurité
Fun work area with productive team members
Enjoyable place to work, Typical routine like turn on my computer check my emails start my job and see if I have a new project in my field of work, Learned a lot about management and the paperwork that goes behind federally crowned buildings. Workplace Culture was relaxed and inclusive to all people everyone I worked with were genuinely good people and I enjoyed my time at the NCC.
Pros
Field Trips
Winterlude, Canada day
I love volunteering for them. It makes me feel good to help people. They are the most welcoming and energetic people. They are always willing to make people have the best day ever. They helped me develop my costumer service skills.
Perfectly fun to volunteer for.
I was a volunteer. It was fun. There is really nothing more to say. At all. This sentence is six words long. I don't know how to skip this. It is forcing me to do this.

Typical day:

There was no typical day.

What I learned:

How to boss people around.

Management:

They were easy going.

Co-workers:

They were lonely.

Hardest part of the job:

Not calling 911.

Most enjoyable part of the job:

Making people happy.
Productive, hard work and very rewarding
Working for the NCC at the Official Residences was very hard work, but it paid off. As a junior gardener, I reported to the senior gardeners but I was able to organize and guide the students in order to accomplish tasks effectively and in a timely manner. Management was truly amazing as we all worked as a team and they made me feel very comfortable if I had any questions regarding plants or procedures. The hardest part of the job was that certain days it could be very physically draining, but that comes with the job title. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere and the job itself was very rewarding. The NCC/ the Official residences is a great place to work with very positive attitudes!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Capital Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4