National Cannabis Inc. Employee Review

View all National Cannabis Inc. reviews

Not an Honest Company
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2019
This company lacks integrity and honesty like no other company i have worked for. They speak of core values like courage, collaboration, creativity and accountability, but the upper management who should be leading these values by example, are the biggest violators of these values.
Cons
Executive Leadership Team lacks Integrity
Official response from National Cannabis Inc.
6 June 2019

We’re sorry to hear about your experience at Kiaro. At Kiaro we take continuous improvement seriously, so we appreciate your courage in sharing your thoughts with us. As we strive to do better, please feel free to share your thoughts with us on how we can improve our culture, at hr@kiaro.com.

Other National Cannabis Inc. Employee Reviews

Faustian Bargain
Manager - head office (Former Employee) –  Hear office - Vancouver6 July 2019
In my opinion, most of the senior leadership were complicit in the verbally abusive, intimidating, and delusional behaviour of the CEO. Unethical business practices. Borderline incompetence. Their compensation structure is below industry standards for many roles. Group benefits plan with a 50 percent co-pay is less than worthless if you’re an individual in reasonable health. If you’re desperate to gain experience in the cannabis industry, beware this Faustian bargain.
Pros
Feeing of immense relief when you finally leave
Cons
Great in the Beginning, not so much anymore
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 June 2019
When i first started at Kiaro, everything was awesome. The training and on-boarding were exceptional and when construction of our store was delayed, they made sure that we were all taken care of.

Then they started making changes, like a lot of changes and from what i can see, they were for the worse. The new people who come in from head office dont seem to really know what theyre doing (unlike the people they replaced) and are certainly not very well versed in cannabis or reflect the values of the cannabis community.

There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty with this company so if you're thinking of applying, i wouldnt bother. Theres more than a few people here looking for better work in the cannabis sector.
Pros
Discounted cannabis
Cons
High head office turnover
Official response from National Cannabis Inc.
24 June 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience at Kiaro! We strive to put our employee experience at the forefront of everything we do and are committed to fostering a positive environment. If you would like to discuss ways of improving our culture, please feel free to email us at hr@kiaro.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Cannabis Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8