Nasco Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Glass Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2018
Great exercise and fun atmosphere in the building. Home of our Winnipeg Jets and our baby Jets (the Manitoba Moose).
Rated 19th in North America overall for acoustics in the building. Rated top 5 in the NHL for ice playing-surface.
'Neff said. Lol.
Pros
Hockey practices, concerts, what's not a pro?
Cons
Irregular hours. Occasionally screws up one's body. Lol.
Standard staffing company
Staff management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2017
Friendly people, but like with any staffing company, contracts come and go, job security is low.
But they treated me fairly in the years i was employed
well organized work place thats safe
Steel hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
It was a very safe construction sites, also well paying. I learned different ways to work with a team in a proactive way. The management was very good make sure very one was well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days
High energy company with dynamic emphasis on costumer service satisfaction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Meeting the overbook staff at a predesignated location with an on site promoter. Then from there on go from location to location greeting each promoter, making sure that each has my full attention. And if any concerns need to be address to address them to the best of my abilities. AS I would move from location to location I would also sign in/out the promoters. At times making special trips to address drop issues when informed by phone by the promoters as to rectify faulty drops. Periodically remind the promoters about procedures of the job as needed as well as emergency procedures for the safety of the promoters. But at all times making sure that a safe and comfortable work atmosphere exist for the promoters.
Pros
regular hours, getting to know those I supervise, non stationary position
Cons
Subject to client ending contract
Fun and diverse workplaces to perform
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 August 2017
Some times at BC Place or different events, but in Nasco we can find security and safety, fun and learning, and support from the managers. It is a good company to work for, but it is difficult to get a shift.
Pros
good wage, meal provided
Cons
difficult get a shift, it is not full time, nor part time
Great work place
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Lots of friendly faces working together to set up stages, concerts, festivals, and events. Learn a lot about audio, video and lighting. Many further job opportunities within the work force.
Nasco is professional and organized
Wind Mobile Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
This company acts similar to an agency - it sources out precarious or temporary jobs for people. My overall impression of stopping by there and working for them was great. They were very quick with their turn around time, and always were there if you needed anything.
Beautiful and Professional Environment
Event Assistant & Registration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB and Leduc, AB12 July 2017
Great cause, amazing people. If you are looking to work with a multicultural, friendly and positive group of people, this is the place to be. Nasco Staffing Solutions is an extraordinary opportunity!
Pros
Free Lunches
Temporary Staffing Solutions
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2017
Nasco was a great avenue to pick up contractual and flexible work, to help fill out a work week.

It was nice to be able to work in several different venues/work environments whilst on relocation in Vancouver
Pros
Flexible and Varied Work Schedule
Cons
Unsteady work rooster
Productive and fun workplace but its only seasonal work
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2017
I Enjoy the job and the people that I work with. But now I'm looking for something more permanent, something that has more continuity and benefits rather than waiting to be called for work!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working with someone that doesn't listen and getting hurt on the job
Distributed newspapers/flyers at subway stations
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
The job was quite interesting. Needed to distribute papers to subwaygoers. Required waking up early for morning shifts starting at 6. Had to stand for 3 hours each day. But overall, it was pretty laidback and easy. Management was relaxed. Salary was above minimum wage. Fun part was talking to subwaygoers and seeing similar faces each day. Sometimes, some people would act weird but otherwise it was alright. Job in itself was good and would go back for it any day.
Pros
Good pay, not a lot of effort required
Cons
Had to stand for 3 hours, some lifting of newspapers
Staffing Agency
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
Clients from around the globe give Nasco employees the opportunity to grow personally and professional, giving its people access to variety of training.
Really Flexible job
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2017
Nasco is a really good company to work with while you're looking for your part time/full time job. They pay you well and and the jobs are really flexible. One main thing that i like about Nasco is you get the chance to visit a lot of new places if you're working with them.
It was great working with them.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Nasco is really very good but it was really low at work sometimes.
It is a very good atmosphere working here. But, however they are low in some months.
Pros
free food
Cons
less work
Flexible, Convenient, Fun Work
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Nasco is a great company to work for. They offer many different types of jobs to fit many different people's skills and strengths. They are a temporary company, so the work you will receive is not permanent, but gives you lots of good experiences.
Hippy looking for a gig? Five stars!
Whos nasco? Who cares. (Former Employee) –  twats that cant run a single event properly.2 July 2016
Seriously? Lol compared to a normal full moon partying whist, which is usually better than Ibiza,,, problem here is, people are being payed to control a party, and everyone working has a say, but no-one knows what on earth is going on. They're all new.
Not to mention the restrictions and gates and guards that no-one respects, because they want to be free to roam.
Let people do what they feel like doing. Then you'll have a decent festival.
This is so restricted, yet none of the staff have a clue. How do you think it's going to end up? Lol your staff are all going to or already have been on drugs you morons.
Pros
Ummmm
Cons
Restrictions
Review for Nasco
Event Assistant (seasonal/on-call job) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2016
I have great bosses, great job and team but the job is really for big guys since its lifting and unloading equipment in 15 trucks everytime.

This is basically men's job but I just tried since this is in events. I wanted to learn and try if there will be some opportunities to be promoted. Only that, since we are carrying equipments which are bigger and heavier than 4 persons. Sometimes it is not safe and affecting health aspects.

I have learned that trying is not bad but you should also know your priorities in life. I love events and the company but in our team of 80 to 100 doing all the same job everytime there is an event would not be a healthy job for me. We are faced with live wires and electrical set up and sometimes not safe to be around. Yet, the company is so supportive and taking care of us everytime.

My co- workers are 99% men and they are all good and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is the unloading of the equipments in the trucks where sometimes you have to have a good break of yor own since you are protecting the things and avoiding accidents.

The enjoyable part of the job is everything. When you are being taken cared of by the company you feel great and enjoying everytime.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Job is for men
Nice office with free refreshments in mid rise building
Newspaper promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
The agency isn't a bad place. Most of the time I work outside handing free newspapers outside subway station entrances. I practiced my social skills with people. My supervisors are different people as of my co workers. There's no hard part of the job and being out there in public is a good experience for me.
Pros
Free newspapers
Cons
Not good pay.
Fun team
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2015
Lots of diff tasks within NASCO team
Opportunities are quite limited though
However well managed
Hourly pay is really very good
Hard work but good money
Great company to work for
Stage Hands (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
I use to work office jobs and have gained a lot of weight at my desk. After working for Nasco in the summer, I lost over 20lbs. This kind of work requires you to be very physical, it's not for everyone but if you don't mind labour work, it's the best!

Hours are all over the place but flexible, which I like. Previous management was not the best, where I heard stories of management playing favorites due to how many shifts you accept, so I made sure to never decline a shift. However there is new management now and they seem much better.

The scheduling system is not the best, where they send last minute emails or text asking if you're available. And sometimes there isn't enough information for you to find the right location but if you give yourself enough time before a shift, then you should be fine. Punctuality is very important with this company, if you don't show up on time don't expect more work. Also compare to other contract companies, they pay you on time! I've never had an issue with their payment system.

I love this company because to me, it doesn't feel like work, compare to my previous office jobs. Working together, with a group of colourful characters, to build a concert stage from the ground up is surprisingly satisfying, especially stepping back to see the final creation at the end. Sometimes, you will see arguments break out but in the end of the day all of us are too exhausted to argue, and later become good buddies, and even gone out for beers at the end of a shift.
Pros
Free lunches, being outdoors, physical work, enough hours in the summer, flexible, building things from the ground up, get to explore Toronto, Overtime Pay
Cons
Scheduling (Not the best but not terrible either), Not many shifts in the winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nasco Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2