NAPOLEON

NAPOLEON Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Days can be either really busy or really slow. No day is the same.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can move around the warehouse doing your picks.
(I worked at the 214 Bayview establishment) If I had to some up my experience in one word, it would be Nepotism. The level NEPOTISM is crazy.

The team leaders will treat the fully employed associates way better than people on contract.

Your experience is dependent on a coin flip.

Either you land on line 3 where your team leader is laid back and you get to do easy jobs 85% of the time and almost never have to go to NOX line, OR you get put with NOX line's team leader where everything is over 3x faster (I'm not exaggerating, NOX line is expected to make over 100 BBQ's everyday where as on line 3 making 18 BBQ's is a "good amount.") which is probably why the line 3's team leader is the complete opposite- being laid back and all because not that much is expected of him.

people CONSTANTLY talk trash behind each other's back, everybody whispers rumours to me about other people. e.g. "this guy is a cigarette-pirate," or "this person is an ^%$ hole" etc etc, humans will be humans I guess and you'll probably get that everywhere, t'is life.

If you are late at all for work (5min) they will in fact take an entire PEL day from you. (8hours)
Positive work environment
Managers and fellow associate are amazing

Lots of opportunities

able to transfer inside the company

salary ehh...!

repetititve job
Terrible place to work, team leads are just as useless as they are incompetent. I would have to rate working there 1/10 it’s an awful place to work would not recommend.
Cons
Basically everything I just said lol didn’t realize that there are to review entry lol to sum it up it’s a great company to work for your job there is pretty much permanent as long as you want to work there I’ve never seen any lay offs so providing you show up for your job work safe and always give your best it’s a great choice
There were lots of opportunities within the company to learn.
I advanced positions while working there.

The company incentives were very good.

I made a lot of friends that still work there.
Worked for 19 years and retired.
Great company very progressive. All Canadian and will be here for a long time.

I worked as the corporate trainer who traveled all across Canada and the US to train distributors and dealers on our products and technical support.
I know work is hard to find in the Barrie area but please listen when I tell you to avoid working at Napoleon. Don't waste your time there it won't lead to any permanent positions!
it's one thing to be just another number, such is the life in a factory...but this company goes over and above shoving it's employees around because they can. They talk like they wish it to be a family like atmosphere and act like it's a prison (screw your own family) ...most immoral place I've ever worked
Pros
Cons
hr are cowards and inhumane
Napoleon takes care of its employees insuring hydration and ways of cooling off in a very hot environment. You will be properly trained on the lines you will be working.
Management is the biggest problem! The favoritism is absolutely crazy, they aren't willing to work with any newly hired employees, instead they find any way possible to screw employees around making them feel like they can never do as good as the people who have been with the company more then 7years or AKA the favorites. You get punished for the stupidest things like being 1 min late they will take one of your PEL days and also give you a discipline which goes on your record and effects pay raise and ability to move within the company no matter how hard you work on a daily basis and this makes it easy to terminate employment and creats a lot of sour employees. They are so unorganized you are expected to have work instructions that tell you how to do the job but 75% of the time there are non or the ones you have are so outdated they make no sense. You are punished as an employee for the company's lack of purchasing equipment from this day and age, you are forced to work overtime when their 40 year old machine cant spit out the amount of product they need. The team leaders and human resources are all one big happy family with management so you cannot go to anyone with any kind of issue or complaint and expect it to be kept confidential. It is a family owned company with no union for the workers, they will change rules in the employee hand book whenever they so please and however it will benefit them. I can go on and on but over all if you are looking for full time employment ha good luck! And if you are just looking for part time or temp work dont bother applying cause they will - more...
Benefits
Cons
Everthing else
Worked in the showroom and it was a version of Dante’s Inferno. The general manager of the place constantly would slash the sales people’s comissions/pit people against each other and then pocket the money into his own gl account. Watched him and his “management” team bully people and instruct people to avoid customers that were having issues or give them the run around until the customer would give up. Contacted hr about shady interactions and workplace harassment I seen and was in so many words told to not worry about it. Then the report that I gave in confidence to hr was given to the person I reported on. If willing to stroke some egos endlessly, and never look at yourself in the mirror again, could potentially be a great job
Cons
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and we worked well together. Completing the fireplaces was a complete team effort, as it moved from station to station.
I was also able to come in 2 hours early most days and did the occasional Saturday overtime when it was available.

In my last month at Napoleon, I was offered a new position, with more benefits and a higher wage. Within 3 weeks of this new position, they laid myself and many others off, due to a lack of work.
Pros
Enjoyed coming to work and enjoyed the overtime hours
Cons
I was laid off due to lack of work
les superviseurs n'étaient pas très présent, on n'avait pas d'horaire fixe créé par eux c'était entre nous que nous devons nous créé nos propres horaires.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
pas d'horaire fixe
Temps work hard with full time people doing very little. Not much teamwork with heavy lifting. Will look for temps to do a ton extra when 5 full timers just chatting.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
Never get full time
This company needs to focus more on their employees and how they are doing and to help them more ...not to backup management when they are wrong people are dismissed and fired for no reason they expect extra hard work for minimum pay they do have some wonderful people there working for them too bad this company treats them like garbage.. this job can be very stressful with no help from the TL because they always point out the negative and never the positive and never tell you what a good job you did today ...this is a horrible company to work for !!!!
Pros
The employees
Cons
Bad pay management is rude and unhelpful
They have to many managers and they have no clue what they are doing. Management focuses to much on product qualities then product quality. Owners need to focus more on management and better wages. They are losing valuable employees due to management.
Cons
Management lack of focus on quality
One of the best positions I had. They were willing to accomodate me with any medical needs, and helped me improve, friendly co workers and overall a simple job
The company pays poorly with high promises of advancement, which don't end up happening. They always back pedal on previous decisions and never hold themselves accountable. It's a pass the buck and blame everyone else. They aren't willing to invest in proper product development and create subpar products
Pros
Lots of good hard working people
Cons
Everything else
le napoleon est un petit restaurant italien qui satisfait la clientele, sophitstiqué et raffiné de montebello, étant ouvert a lannée longue Cest surtout durant lété a Montebello, que les touriste sy attable Fine Dining est ma description la plus proche de la definition de ce restaurant..
learning how to assemble bbq furnaces and air-conditioners is v ery educational and fun the driving part not so fun in the winter time great christmas parties and awesome kids christmas parties and very generous for raising money and food for the shelters and the less fortunate