NAPOLEON

NAPOLEON Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews

placegoodmanagementworkinggreatjobworkteam

Interesting

Can be great can also be terrible, depends on what shift and what line you’re on. Upper Management is biased & the unrealistic quota expectations:employee ratio(shift) makes no sense. Could be an overall GREAT place if proper changes were made.

Pros

Co workers, paid lunch

Cons

Management, expectations, highschool like culture

Demoralizing

It never fails to astonish when a company that promotes "HEART" as their core values, also lacks a SOUL.There was never a concrete form of training, to familiarize new hires with the work they'd actually be doing. Management is very disillusioned to the amount of volume that comes through calls. On any given day, I was made to feel like the amount of extra work I put in was never enough and towards the end of my time here, I was put in a role with no support for myself, or the other in the same role.I've spent the last 17 years of my life in various jobs and retail positions and this has by far, been the most unprofessional, toxic and unanimously unacceptable work environment I've experienced so far. But hey, don't their BBQs look nice and shiny?

Pros

Co Workers

Cons

Management, No organization for proper training, lack of protocol when there aren't enough staff to work

Insights into NAPOLEON

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

Great place to work overall

Busy days but a great team to work with.Lots of interdepartment contactGood team vibeExcellent managementRetail store onsite for qssociate purchases All around good place to work

Pros

Remote

Cons

Rude consumer calls

Poor pay and no recognition

Pay is very low for a professional job. Upper management asks a lot without caring about amount of overtime worked. Depends on what department you work in but overall you're better looking elsewhere.

not bad

good for starters. Can move up the ladder if you have good skills and experience. Pay is okay and decent. Location is just beside highway. Would recommend

Decent pay but no chance of raises

Good job if you have no post secondary education, very easy interview. Though there’s cases of mandatory overtimes on Saturday during the summer that can go on for months.Supervisors will write you up for just about anything but the work is easy enough.

Pros

Okay pay, easy work

Cons

Mandatory overtime, no raises after a year

Good

It was a good job but the management and supervisor were a bit pathetic I wouldn’t suggest this place to anyone not even my worst enemies but they do pay good

Pros

Good pay good breaks

Cons

Long hours, management sucks, supervisor doesn’t enforce Ppe

Terrible

No training whatsoever to assemble the products at all. The team leader will com tell you during the parts wrong but will not tell you so you how to do it properly.

Cons

Lack of training

Terrible place to work

Don't work here it is a terrible place to be management are terrible ignorant and supervisor lazy and they don't train you they expect you to learn on your own manager is an total loser ignorant no communication they do things on their òwn very selfish employees especially the supervisor and Manager think twice about working for this company

Pros

No pros what so ever

Cons

Long hours no training

Fun workplace

Fun place to work with weekly activities or draws or events. Everyone is very friendly and like family. The only downfall is certain managers and pay is pretty low. The company itself is great and owners are a family who invite you into theirs always giving away gifts and doing fun things. Great benefits and RRSP.

Pros

Lunches, Draws/prizes, dinners, parties and events thrown, state of the art equipment

Cons

Pay, some managers

Sometimes productive.

The workplace in general was improving on cleanliness and efficiency so I will give them credit for that, but with improvements should be an overall review of how effective the long time staffers are with supporting and implementing changes to overall better people's experience. There was a lot of resistance and general negativity when it came to changes that were put in place for the safety of the staff. Rules and procedures were ignored because they felt they knew better and there was little to no enforcement from the management teams. Work life balance was good, but the shift hours need to be adjusted to follow the bus schedules better, if you can't leave in time because there's a line up at the clock you miss your last ride home. Management was friendly and supportive, and caring while pushing to be as efficient as they could.

Days can be either really busy or really slow. No day is the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can move around the warehouse doing your picks.

Nepotism

(I worked at the 214 Bayview establishment) If I had to some up my experience in one word, it would be Nepotism. The level NEPOTISM is crazy. The team leaders will treat the fully employed associates way better than people on contract. Your experience is dependent on a coin flip. Either you land on line 3 where your team leader is laid back and you get to do easy jobs 85% of the time and almost never have to go to NOX line, OR you get put with NOX line's team leader where everything is over 3x faster (I'm not exaggerating, NOX line is expected to make over 100 BBQ's everyday where as on line 3 making 18 BBQ's is a "good amount.") which is probably why the line 3's team leader is the complete opposite- being laid back and all because not that much is expected of him. people CONSTANTLY talk trash behind each other's back, everybody whispers rumours to me about other people. e.g. "this guy is a cigarette-pirate," or "this person is an ^%$ hole" etc etc, humans will be humans I guess and you'll probably get that everywhere, t'is life. If you are late at all for work (5min) they will in fact take an entire PEL day from you. (8hours)

Assembly Worker

Positive work environment Managers and fellow associate are amazing Lots of opportunities able to transfer inside the company salary ehh...! repetititve job

Terrible

Terrible place to work, team leads are just as useless as they are incompetent. I would have to rate working there 1/10 it’s an awful place to work would not recommend.

Cons

Great company to work for great benefits life insurance provide retirement savings plan very good and strong leaders and smart and fair management fri

Basically everything I just said lol didn’t realize that there are to review entry lol to sum it up it’s a great company to work for your job there is pretty much permanent as long as you want to work there I’ve never seen any lay offs so providing you show up for your job work safe and always give your best it’s a great choice

Friendly coworkers

There were lots of opportunities within the company to learn. I advanced positions while working there. The company incentives were very good. I made a lot of friends that still work there.

Excellent company

Worked for 19 years and retired. Great company very progressive. All Canadian and will be here for a long time. I worked as the corporate trainer who traveled all across Canada and the US to train distributors and dealers on our products and technical support.

Avoid this place!

I know work is hard to find in the Barrie area but please listen when I tell you to avoid working at Napoleon. Don't waste your time there it won't lead to any permanent positions!

horrible

it's one thing to be just another number, such is the life in a factory...but this company goes over and above shoving it's employees around because they can. They talk like they wish it to be a family like atmosphere and act like it's a prison (screw your own family) ...most immoral place I've ever worked

Pros

Cons

hr are cowards and inhumane

good company

Napoleon takes care of its employees insuring hydration and ways of cooling off in a very hot environment. You will be properly trained on the lines you will be working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPOLEON. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NAPOLEON with

Learn about NAPOLEON in popular locations

• NAPOLEON