NAPA Auto Parts

NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Canada264 reviews
No loyalties
They have no loyalty to there workers, I know customers are always right but sometimes it's nice to have management have your back and they fire people for terrible reasons
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
Poor Management
Great work place
I enjoyed my employment with Napa.
I started as a parts delivery driver, ehich quickly excelled me into last position as

a Parts Specialist. That has turned my direction to my current love for the automotive industry.
Tough Fit
The Calgary distribution center has its challenges, the operations manager was great to work with but faced some major hurdles in changing the culture at this location.

Found my peer group to be supportive, direct manager wasn't supportive and often tried to micro manage and support negative employees in favor for political pull. Be prepared for some culture hurdles and physical space limitations.
Do not recommend
Warehouse is run terribly. They make it quite clear that you are replaceable. Not enough supervision. So temps come in and do whatever they want. Temps training temps. Nobody knows what they are doing there. management has no idea how things work so they implement stupid rules that dont make Any sense whatsoever. Supervisors dont get along so you are constantly being told to do different things. Will miss my co workers that's about it.
Don't work there
the Western manager once remark they would pay for hotels overnight for Sunday so you could be at your calls first thing Monday morning. No customer concerns or complaints allowed in sales reports
Pros
Cons
Management. No time allocated for any administration
Amazing Employer
If you are looking for a good work environment this is the company to consider in the automotive space. The bosses and managers are very laid back. There was absolutely no micromanaging of employees. A good place to work. Superb team to work with.
Stay away
If you are looking for advancement or maybe being appreciated, apply somewhere else. Their only concern is meeting budget every month. Management have no clue how hard the drivers work and without us, they would have nothing. Their slogan “ you are only a driver”
Fast paced environment. Team atmosphere. Willing to work with conflicts in schedules. Reasonable to obtain time off for vacation or appointments. Must be able to lift heavy auto parts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NAPA Auto Parts?
A great place to work as a university student
This job is a manual labour job that pays well for the work you do. For students their summer student program is mint. You make a lot of money over the summer with plenty of opportunities for overtime. Completely paid off my schooling.
Busy company with opportunity
Typical day is busy from the second you clock in. You are expected to be prepared to handle what is needed from your co-workers and management team.

UAP is the parent company in Canada for Napa Auto Parts, and they are very organized in how they assist employees with their needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction in being able to assist the store manager achieve monthly/quarterly targets, which could lead to employee bonuses for the entire staff of the store.
Productive and busy company
Good company to work for. I have worked there for 27 years. I have actually worked with the company 3 times. Great entry level positions. Competitive benefit package.
travail stressant mais agreable
L' équipe crédit et application de paiements est composé de personne agréable et professionnelle
Horrible
The staff is great manager is horrible.i got fired because I wasn't taught on the counter position they just throw you out front and say there you go
Toxic work environment - terrible management
Worked there for over 6 years. Management always played favorites and hired family which got special treatment. Work was not divided equally and always depended on a handful of employees to pick up the slack of everyone else. No room for advancement and a very toxic work environment. Would not recommend.
managers the worst
these millinial managers that are there are pathetic. No people skills and all they do is sit behind there notebooks and print out policies. They are overpaid secretaries and talk about slow implementing there policies. I have been in management with other companies and the millinial generation is the worst at customer service and it will be their downfall. Its the truth.
Good gig
Napa’s general theory of operation is very good benefits, Pension and pricing perks for products. People you works with daily are great but the Down fall is upper management.
Napa auto care
Great place to get any car repairs . Detailing or even just a restoration paint job done in a jiffy ? Nice friendly knowledgeable staff, were very willing to go the extra mile to assist
Me
Terrible place to work
Treated terribly after 8 years on job.
Supervisor micro managed, very difficult to work with...............................................,,.,,,,,,..
Excellent travaille
C'est un excellent emploi sauf pas assez chere payer surtout pour un livreur
delivering car parts to car shops
pretty easy job, nothing unreasonable, drive from point A to B to C to D, drop of the right box and get a signature on the invoice. nothing too complicated.
Worst place I have ever worked at for 11 years living in Canada
It just happened so, that I worked 40 hours a week "part-time", and my full time position with benefits got another guy, who is friends with front desk person. My manager said - sorry, this is situational, nothing I can do about it. Of course, it is situational that I paid my dues, passed probation period, and someone else got all my benefits. Higher management does not care at all. We'll maybe give you full-time next year, when the situation will change. Most corrupted place ever.
Pros
Good discounts for in-store products
Cons
Ignorance of Management