NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

great
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2018
So far this is a great company that focuses on the associate and provides the tools and training to thrive under their business model. The people have been incredibly warm and welcoming. From a company and business standpoint, the company has a strong growth outlook and inspiring core values and company vision.
good
Cons
Fun people to work with and really nice people to work for.
assistant bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Powell River, BC14 September 2018
I'm usually quite busy, in a good way, but the people I work with and for are always considerate of my work week, and the time I want off. I really enjoy the people I work with and the continuous training I receive. Sometimes work can be slow and I have to "hunt" for small tasks to complete, but I think that's the worst of it.
Work hard, get nothing.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 September 2018
You will be unappreciated, overworked, underpaid. And if you ever make a complaint, it will not be taken seriously. They do not reward people for working hard, even when they do major cut backs and 1/3 of the staff is cut back, leaving the remaining staff to work their butts off and get nothing in return. Upper management doesn't care at all about you and thinks of you as "beneath them". Salesmen get to the point of eventually just giving up and getting lazy because they equally get treated like garbage. It's a company that only cares about their profit and doesn't care whatsoever about it's employees.
Pros
Some coworkers, good hours
Cons
Not appreciated, underpaid, overworked, drama, treated like garbage.
great if you arent management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 August 2018
As a manager for this company you are expected to work overtime and not be paid, you are expected to be at work with extreme health issues. You also have to deal with upper management not listening actively to concerns and have minimal help when needed
Pros
benefits and rsp
Cons
long hours, no help, short staffed
great
Full Time/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB15 August 2018
fun place to be. never a dull moment. everyone is really hard working. lots of work to go around. everyone has a good time. fun people to work with...
Over worked and underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON5 August 2018
Owners are ok to work for, but dont pay you what your worth, and dont offer all work benefits to all employees. Different rules and regualtions for different employees.
Knowledgable Staff
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB23 July 2018
The staff is knowledgable and helpful. Does its best to have the parts in the same day or as soon as possible. Can be difficult to keep up the fast paced setting
Great place to work.
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 May 2018
Loved working here. Mike the owner is amazing great leader and very compromising. Only thing i can say bad about this place is if you are looking for a job to move up with this isnt the place not a lot of room at all for advancement.
decent
parts driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 May 2018
Good people but not very good management.Often expect you to speed and be unsafe to get parts to customers quick rather then safe, shorty vehicles, most would not pass inspection, hazardous work environment, pay not enough compared to how much they ask of you. They are clearly more about the money then the employees when there should be a balance
Pros
good co workers, on the road, time flies
Cons
bad management, unsafe, low rate of pay, no benefits
good job with benefits and great hours.
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2018
Although I enjoyed working at NAPA I was unable to return after my maternity leave as it wasn't the correct fit for our new family.
The management was very helpful during my time there, and the staff was also very easy to work and get along with.
The salary was fair, and the bonus' were definitely beneficial.
Fun, good start out job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 May 2018
This job is a good starting job for those just graduating. I loved the employees and management. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the individuals who ordered the parts - such friendly customers, and a great atmosphere!
Not a great employer but not a bad one either
Senior Counterman/Supervisor/key holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
Not a bad company to work for provided you work for a corporate store, I would personally avoid the associate stores, they don't take care of their employees anywhere near as well as a corporate store.

No real room for advancement, they claim you can work your way up but you really cant unless you are related to higher ups or friends with them,

You typically have to leave the company and then come back to get a raise, they don't pay all that well and typically pay even less than they used to considering they phased out all the actual countermen and replaced them with their tams system that still doesn't really work.

Was a decent Job overall though
Technician
O'Regans Apprenticeship Academy (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
Working for napa was a great experience through the oregans group which offered me a lot of opportunity to advance my automotive knowledge. overall it was a good experience.
great place to be
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
Napa is a great company to work for. They are very interactive with their staff and will ensure that everyone is happy with their positions. well organized. the management are always on top of everything and are very understanding and patient. salary is good. hrs are great. you learn many different vehicle parts and what they are for.
Pretty chill place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2018
This is your typical work place. show up do your job and go home.
managment within the stores could be improved upon and attitudes with employees are hard to deal with
great place to work if you're lazy
driver,dispatcher,warehouse person (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB, edmonton, ab9 April 2018
i wasted 8 years working for these idiots. management are complete morons, staff are useless and know that their job is secure no matter how lazy they are. i was treated like garbage by management in every capacity.
Pros
great pay if you're lazy
Cons
if you take pride in your work, you'll be angry everyday
agreable
Regionex Chauffeur livreur (Former Employee) –  montreal12 March 2018
j'ai appris beaucoup de chose de la gestion
j étais responsable de l'inventaire
Fine experience, little room to grow
PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 February 2018
The team overall was pleasant but there were a few long-term employees that were happy to do the bare minimum, which negatively impacted the overall culture. I would have remained in this position longer if there was room to advance.
Nice people
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 February 2018
working at Napa was fun i learned a lot with everyone. Learned a lot with different parts. very fast paced work, great people. Amazing customers. Very respectable coworkers.
Pros
free lunchs
Family
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 February 2018
I started with Napa the summer after completing my first year of university. Everyone was very polite and friendly. I started out in Woodbridge and now I work at the Brampton location. I still talk to all the friends I made at Woodbridge whenever I go to pick up parts from that location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.