NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Fun, good start out job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 May 2018
This job is a good starting job for those just graduating. I loved the employees and management. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the individuals who ordered the parts - such friendly customers, and a great atmosphere!
Not a great employer but not a bad one either
Senior Counterman/Supervisor/key holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
Not a bad company to work for provided you work for a corporate store, I would personally avoid the associate stores, they don't take care of their employees anywhere near as well as a corporate store.

No real room for advancement, they claim you can work your way up but you really cant unless you are related to higher ups or friends with them,

You typically have to leave the company and then come back to get a raise, they don't pay all that well and typically pay even less than they used to considering they phased out all the actual countermen and replaced them with their tams system that still doesn't really work.

Was a decent Job overall though
Technician
O'Regans Apprenticeship Academy (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
Working for napa was a great experience through the oregans group which offered me a lot of opportunity to advance my automotive knowledge. overall it was a good experience.
great place to be
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
Napa is a great company to work for. They are very interactive with their staff and will ensure that everyone is happy with their positions. well organized. the management are always on top of everything and are very understanding and patient. salary is good. hrs are great. you learn many different vehicle parts and what they are for.
Pretty chill place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2018
This is your typical work place. show up do your job and go home.
managment within the stores could be improved upon and attitudes with employees are hard to deal with
great place to work if you're lazy
driver,dispatcher,warehouse person (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB, edmonton, ab9 April 2018
i wasted 8 years working for these idiots. management are complete morons, staff are useless and know that their job is secure no matter how lazy they are. i was treated like garbage by management in every capacity.
Pros
great pay if you're lazy
Cons
if you take pride in your work, you'll be angry everyday
agreable
Regionex Chauffeur livreur (Former Employee) –  montreal12 March 2018
j'ai appris beaucoup de chose de la gestion
j étais responsable de l'inventaire
Fine experience, little room to grow
PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 February 2018
The team overall was pleasant but there were a few long-term employees that were happy to do the bare minimum, which negatively impacted the overall culture. I would have remained in this position longer if there was room to advance.
Nice people
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 February 2018
working at Napa was fun i learned a lot with everyone. Learned a lot with different parts. very fast paced work, great people. Amazing customers. Very respectable coworkers.
Pros
free lunchs
Family
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 February 2018
I started with Napa the summer after completing my first year of university. Everyone was very polite and friendly. I started out in Woodbridge and now I work at the Brampton location. I still talk to all the friends I made at Woodbridge whenever I go to pick up parts from that location.
Management requires people skills
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 January 2018
I feel that the management there was not complying to ALL employees and there was favourtism to some employees in my eyes..
Overloading certain employees with too many jobs..
Pros
Leave work early somedays
Cons
Not enough employees for all jobs required
Research Oriented with room for growth
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK25 January 2018
Napa Auto Parts was a fantastic learning experience. A lot of the position centered around researching, and I have found that I gained a lot of knowledge about vehicles.
A good place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 January 2018
It is a good place to work but there is a chance of closure leaving people unemployed. There is no communication between corporate and the retail outlets.
Pros
Flexibile
Cons
Thé unknown
delivery driver
Delivery Driver / Stock (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 January 2018
handling and transporting car parts form store location to work location in a timely and safe manner as well as maintaining work vehicle to ensure proper job status
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB19 January 2018
putting away parts employee's helping you out on everything
Delivering parts to company at a fast pace everybody has fun
and the boss is the best and get to organiz
Pros
good people, pays well
Cons
make you stay to clean up
Small Town Business
Purchaser/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB15 January 2018
A typical day at work was managing customers at the front desk and taking phone calls. Interacting with the shipping/receiving, colleagues and customers, merchandising, reviewing and purchasing inventory along with banter. I learned that management was only at the top as if the owner made all the decisions. The culture was expecting mistakes by the distribution center that delivered our customers supplies. The hardest part was managing purchasing and replenishing stock while dealing with customers at the front desk. The most enjoyable was the relationships with the customers and staff. The majority were very easy and pleasant to deal with up here in the North. Small town where everyone is family.
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
Working on weekends.
good place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
I enjoyed working here. but opportunity was thin even for a young person, they paid no attention to the future of the company, I wanted to learn and advance and I was never given that opportunity.
not for a family person to rely on
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
during slow day,i learned some training in the module of parts that we sell,management are ok,the culture i say is normal and okay,the hardest part is when your rushing several orders with the same time expected,enjoyable is when team work is done presicely
Pros
discounted to parts that employees buys
Cons
not enough pay to support family
not too bad if you don't want a life
Parts Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 December 2017
work was alright, counter staff were somewhat helpful but not so much when it came to the management. They do not like to be fair when it comes to rotating weekends. Shelves behind counters are a mess, staff do not like to put things where they belong and therefore, makes it difficult to find parts
Pros
steady work
Cons
repetitious, don't like to rotate weekends
All of my previous employers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2017
All of my previous employers were very good companies to work with, very understanding and thorough. The reason for me leaving was to expands my horizons and get to gain more experience in different fields of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.