Nanometrics Inc

Nanometrics Inc Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
This kind of job is unique because the products are small; however, they are highly engineered to fulfill everybody's need in terms of seismology. The assemblers are considered a highly trained to do these kind of products. The parts are sensitive to static discharge, and it need to be assembled perfectly.
This is a fairly good company operating in Kanata, Ontario. The company is not your modern setup, but jobs were stable, albeit with little opportunity for advancement.
Working alone is very common, goal oriented. I have learned a full range of new skills from technical to business acumen. The management team is typically hand off with solid experience in related field. The culture is been shifted in recent years to adapt to the new company/market reality. Communication is the hardest part, being a tech company email is the prevailing way... human interactions are limited (by phone or in person), this is the price to work alone.
The most enjoyable part is to be able to create custom services from scratch and growth the business and all its parts.
Pros
good balance work/life
Cons
Lack of human interactions
The two co-CEO breed an environment of non-communication and have the "because I said so" philosophy.

A total lack of understanding between the senior executives and rest of the people. Very unrealistic in their expectation and very heavy on the micromanaging of other managers.

Disorganized, no firm corporate plan for the future, and many secrets / back-stabbings.

Absolute lack of trust of all their employees. Long term employees have been fired just to save money and hire younger, cheaper ones.

The sons of the original founders are now running the show and are not in touch with the real workforce realities.
Pros
Some very good coworkers
Cons
Dictatorial Senior Management
Everyone was a pleasure to work with, the work itself (at least the work I did) was fun and a good mental challenge that I appreciated, despite the problems. Work hours were quite flexible. That's all I have to say.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nanometrics Inc?