Nannies on Call

Nannies on Call Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Best Nannying agency in Toronto
They're the best nannying agency I can imagine working for. Excellent staff and support. Nannies can work on-call, doing gig babysitting, or can have short- or long-term placements with families.
They treat clients like royalty and nannies like a lower life form to be put in the trash as they please
Pros
Cons
run! run away from this agency!
Lots of shifts but they go fast, very little loyalty to nannies
A decent job if you are a student or between work. The booking agents are great but the on-call department is not. The company puts the client first, which means Nannies are often exploited, and blamed if things don't work out. Worst off, they are left hanging in awkward or dangerous situations. Too many nannies are there, and the workers are either jaded from working there too long or under experienced with little loyalty for long term nannies. They have a copy and paste template that they send off in emails randomly firing their nannies if they feel like they have too much staff or the nannies fall out of favour with them. It's brutal.
Cons
Staff assumes the worst of nannies and won't support them in sensitive situations
Working for Nannies on call is not only fun, but the job can also be very laid back.
The application process was easy and so is connecting with the nannies on-call team. I arrange my own hours and get to work with many fun families with children who help me learn and advance as a childcare worker.
Amazing company! They really care about their nannies
I was interviewed by the lovely Toronto recruiter two weeks ago and I start my new position tomorrow! From the interview, to gathering my paperwork, to learning about their current jobs, and then meeting their families, I found the staff to be fast, kind and helpful.
Pros
Great selection of high paying jobs
Great Company to work for!
I have been with Nannies on Call for over a year and really enjoy the work environment.

It is a wonderful company with great values towards its own employees but also to the nannies & clients we serve.

The company is always growing and gives its employees the possibility to be part of the growth by listening to your ideas and implementing this.

There is a very good work / life balance. The team is really positive and always happy to help each other out when needed.
Fun, casual work environment with great team
Awesome team and great management! Work environment is fun and casual but professional. Everyone works together as team to achieve the best result for both Nanny & Client. Plus there is free snacks for employees too! The hours are ideal and you don't take any work home with you.
Pros
Great company culture
Fantastic company to work for!
Not only a fantastic work environment, but a company that truly values their clients and staff alike.

I have been working for Nannies on Call over the last 11 years and commend the growth and success it has achieved. I have been involved in the day to day and cannot say enough about the positive team environment.

I have a busy family of my own and appreciate the great balance that I am offered working here.

Wonderful company and exceptional core values!
Pros
Great work/life balance, Flexible schedule, kind and knowledgable staff and management
A Great Place to Work!
At Nannies On Call, everyone is equally invested in the growth of the company and the welfare of the parents & nannies whom we cater to. I have learned to trust my instincts more while speaking with references. The CEO is always open to new ideas and very encouraging. NoC is a great place to work!
Fun, but with some kinks
I had to consistently chase my employer for payment. Pay was awesome, working with kids is fun, but the parents get tiring to deal with. The organization itself is well organized, but my contract wasn't explained to me very clearly and there were holes in the written paperwork.
good
It is good if you are needing flexibility. They do their best to get you the best wages if you are applying for full time/parttime work. On call in Alberta is $17hr regardless.
Pros
self employed
Cons
no real advancement
On-Call & Placement work
I've been with Nannies On Call in both Calgary and Vancouver
They are very supportive, and are always there to help.

The work is steady, and there is no pressure.

When negotiating contracts they always try to get you top dollar for your experience level which is awesome, and they really want you to succeed. I would highly recommend getting on with this company, it's been very impactful on my career!
Pros
Excellent management, flexibility, confidentiality, lots of opportunity
Cons
Can't guarantee hours
Great experiences with great families!
I work on-call, therefore, I can choose my schedule and I can pick which families I would like to nanny for. I have learned many things about kids and different cultures. The employees that work in the offices aren't great to work with. I encourage future nannies to stick to emailing (no phone conversations) with the office staff and keeping in mind that they are not concerned about your life, only how many calls that get addressed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult children, and sometimes parents. But, the best part of this job is when you make a difference to a child (they show with care, a smile or hug) and/or the parent's look when they come home; everything is done, the kids had fun and well-looked after!
helpful agency with many resources
Nannies on Call puts nannies in an empowering position where one can chose and create when to work, which families to work with, and a minimum booking time. Booking agents work very hard to place nannies in a timely fashion.