Nannies on Call Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Company to work for!
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2018
I have been with Nannies on Call for over a year and really enjoy the work environment.

It is a wonderful company with great values towards its own employees but also to the nannies & clients we serve.

The company is always growing and gives its employees the possibility to be part of the growth by listening to your ideas and implementing this.

There is a very good work / life balance. The team is really positive and always happy to help each other out when needed.
Fun, casual work environment with great team
Placement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2018
Awesome team and great management! Work environment is fun and casual but professional. Everyone works together as team to achieve the best result for both Nanny & Client. Plus there is free snacks for employees too! The hours are ideal and you don't take any work home with you.
Pros
Great company culture
Fantastic company to work for!
Placement Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2018
Not only a fantastic work environment, but a company that truly values their clients and staff alike.

I have been working for Nannies on Call over the last 11 years and commend the growth and success it has achieved. I have been involved in the day to day and cannot say enough about the positive team environment.

I have a busy family of my own and appreciate the great balance that I am offered working here.

Wonderful company and exceptional core values!
Pros
Great work/life balance, Flexible schedule, kind and knowledgable staff and management
A Great Place to Work!
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2018
At Nannies On Call, everyone is equally invested in the growth of the company and the welfare of the parents & nannies whom we cater to. I have learned to trust my instincts more while speaking with references. The CEO is always open to new ideas and very encouraging. NoC is a great place to work!
Fun, but with some kinks
Child Care Provider/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 September 2018
I had to consistently chase my employer for payment. Pay was awesome, working with kids is fun, but the parents get tiring to deal with. The organization itself is well organized, but my contract wasn't explained to me very clearly and there were holes in the written paperwork.
good
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2018
It is good if you are needing flexibility. They do their best to get you the best wages if you are applying for full time/parttime work. On call in Alberta is $17hr regardless.
Pros
self employed
Cons
no real advancement
On-Call & Placement work
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
I've been with Nannies On Call in both Calgary and Vancouver
They are very supportive, and are always there to help.
The work is steady, and there is no pressure.
When negotiating contracts they always try to get you top dollar for your experience level which is awesome, and they really want you to succeed. I would highly recommend getting on with this company, it's been very impactful on my career!
Pros
Excellent management, flexibility, confidentiality, lots of opportunity
Cons
Can't guarantee hours
Great experiences with great families!
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
I work on-call, therefore, I can choose my schedule and I can pick which families I would like to nanny for. I have learned many things about kids and different cultures. The employees that work in the offices aren't great to work with. I encourage future nannies to stick to emailing (no phone conversations) with the office staff and keeping in mind that they are not concerned about your life, only how many calls that get addressed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult children, and sometimes parents. But, the best part of this job is when you make a difference to a child (they show with care, a smile or hug) and/or the parent's look when they come home; everything is done, the kids had fun and well-looked after!
helpful agency with many resources
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2016
Nannies on Call puts nannies in an empowering position where one can chose and create when to work, which families to work with, and a minimum booking time. Booking agents work very hard to place nannies in a timely fashion.