Nando's
Coronavirus update
Information from Nando's:

Nando's Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews
Nandos is a south africa restaurant chain that spececialist nn porrtuguese
I started to work in Nandos on November 2016.for me is a lot of adventures and friends there,i learn a lot of things not only to cook also to cooperate the others and respect ,working at Nando's is very thankful
And i am lucky being part of nados family i treasure it...
Pros
Nandos is wonderful culture it is all about the people sho make the chickenfbp
Fun and easy
This was a good easy job with good hours, Only reason for me not working there anymore is due to my schools hours changing and that is out of nando's power
Pros
friendly staff
Upper Management is a joke
They hired 4 General Managers in less than 2 years. One ruined the culture while drinking on the job, One was a methamphetamine addict and theif. One was a raging alcoholic that could not meet thier obligations. The last one is now dating one of the young girls that works there......GROSS!
Pros
Free lunch: good food
Cons
Regional Manager's hiring standards were non existent. Condecending, and out of touch with what really goes on in each location. I could go on for days!
relatively large and popular location making it faster pace work loads
Nando's was a very fast paced work place, with very helpful managers and co-workers. the job is perfect for those looking to hone in on their communication skills.
Stressful but fun
The working environment is stressful but full of fun. People their especially the managers are always busy in taking care of the costumers and all the staff at the same time.
Poor management, too much workload that they will make you work on your own during the busy days and ask you to clean even if it's busy. No benefits
No guaranteed hrs, and if the manager doesn't like you, then they will give you the hardest part. I got lots of burns, but they said I still need to work! Pure favouritism even to the management. đź‘Ž
Amazing workplace
Though it does get fast paced at times, the pay you receive compensates the lost nerves of the work environment. Aside from receiving your biweekly pay-cheque, you also get fairly distributed tips.
Horrible.
The management team of this location was horrible, they treated people very bad and weren’t fair with tips. You had to do slave work for the manager, and he would constantly treat you like horrible.
caring and kind staff
At Nandos, I learned a lot about teamwork communication as well as how to deal with tough customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with tough customers, as is in any restaurant job.
High pace environment
Busiest times during lunch and dinner - Good face pace environment
High degree of communication between staff and managers

Managers and supervisors are very accommodating to schedule changes
Productive, Relaxed, Busy at specific hours,
Nando's was a fun place to work at. I think my favourite part was getting 70% off whenever you worked.
The crew was very nice and it was a very organized work place. It can be very quiet and relaxed, but also get very busy. Especially during Eid, the place gets flooded with people.

I would recommend working here. There are limited full time positions though (at least in my experience)
love the place!
love working here! very considerate managers and supervisors, I like most of my coworkers, restaurant is located in a nice place and I love how big and homey it feels. improvements include the amount of staff working at once and shift days. overall, would give a 4.5/5.
Favouritism stressful environment
Don’t work for nandos Orleans management sucks very inappropriate, tip outs are good only if you have good hours, which you won’t! Hours always go to the favourites who are constantly late! Kitchen staff have to much tasks for little time
Pros
Tip outs
Cons
Management, to many tasks for kitchen staff
simple job with decent people
I had fun working at Nando's because of the friends i made there. the work environment is laid back and easy, pretty much anyone should get along fine there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
corporate level disfunction
Fun and easy job!
Great job to start off your serving career and gain experience! good tips and management and staff are very friendly and hardworking. Love the community at Nandos.
strict management
pretty good work environment, but they do not prepare you for the stressful busy days and then continue to barrage you when you make a mistake. I really don't want to insult management because it was an awesome intermediate job, I would recommend it as a first job or second but I wouldn't want to work there now with the experience I have now.
sorry dont like the people working there
they treated me poorly
i'm trained but they keep treating me like im not

they dont put someone on schedule in the right amount of time the person is allowed too its either lesser or more

tips doesnt make sense
Working at Nando’s was a great experience as to face the challenges in the food industry.
Dealing with customers and making them happy is every employer’s first priority. I do have faced some situations at work but handled it very politely and respectfully.
Good ambience
It was pretty good working there, I enjoyed but the work pace is very fast over there. The managers are very polite to workers and also they are very friendly in general. They also have a yearly party during Christmas which is also good fun for employees and also there is one cruise part once a year.
Fun place to work
I had fun working at nandos, I mean you can't expect much in terms of salary since it is basically a minimum wage type of job but tips are very good is you work full time and great team environment.
my coworkers made my job stress free
nandos is always busy restaurant so i had to learn everything fast and most of the time i was working in more then on station to keep it running smoothly. i was part of management team and i loved my job love the high paced working environment. Nandos is a portuguese restaurant so its all about culture and family i always felt i was working with my own family which is good in so many ways but sometime it was hard to get myself out that mind set and be leader so everyone is concentrate more on the job but in end i always made sure i had the perfect balance with my coworkers