Nalcor Energy Employee Reviews

It was an amazing working experience
Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL20 March 2018
My typical day at work usually started round 7am or 8am depending on what shift I was on. I worked with there Summer Student program which i highly recommend. They payed on the hourly and you usually got paid $20 per hour
Pros
The pay check
Site Labour Relations Rep/\MFEA Site Rep (Former Employee) –  Muskrat Falls - Happy Valley -Goose Bay, Labrador29 January 2018
Each day started early for me. Employed as a Rep for the Owner, each day was filled with dialogue with all contractors which I was assigned to ensure that there were no LR issues that we needed to address. At times, there were questions of jurisdiction of which Union performed what work. Grievances and the subsequent arbitrations were always interesting.
Pros
Good people and good place to work.
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time.
Very professional work environmentt
Senior Contracts Administrator / Claim Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL13 January 2018
I encourage applicant to follow Nalcor Energy since they are expanding in oil and gas as well as hydro power.

In addition they are in the process of completing the Muskrat Falls Hydro Project which will be inaugurated in 2019.
Productive & good experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  NL7 January 2018
Good experience to work with hardworking individuals. Everyone was helpful and patient with me as I was fresh out of school. Good learning experience.
Interesting and engaging work place
Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador11 October 2017
Excellent place to work, coworkers are well educated and made a lot of friendships along the way. Advancement opportunities exist and given when warranted.
Great camp life, respectful workplace
Construction Monitor (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador13 June 2017
Large and fully equip camp. Great food and recreation facilities. Respectful workplace. Interesting challenges in engineering/ construction due to extreme weather conditions.
Overall good project
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 May 2017
Worked on the Lower Churchill Project for 5 years. Generally a good project. Top Notch safety culture and environment.

Workplace attitude and morals began to decline as th project wore on, but management tries hard to keep it up.
Pros
travel
Cons
office environment no windows
Business Co-op Student (Accounting/Finance) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 April 2017
Comforting work environment with lots of knowledgeable management and employees. Job security and benefits are top notch, and the work/life balance is great.
Great Place To Work
Project Management Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 April 2017
Provided lots of support but also freedom to work independently. They are also advocates of a good work-life balance. There are company team building exercises relatively frequently as well.
Productive & Safe Enviroment
Treasury Clerk (Temporary position) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 November 2016
Nalcor Energy is a provincial energy corporation which is headquartered in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.

My duties include processing Accounts Payable cheques, updating cashbooks, preparing bank deposits and other daily banking activities. My experience with Nalcor has given me the opportunity to excel in customer satisfaction and has allowed me to strengthen my ability to resolve issues efficiently under time sensitive situations, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
Pros
Safey is their number one priority
Cons
Many positions are temporary/contracted
Fantastic company!
Finance Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 November 2016
I love doing my work term here! It was a great learning experience, job training, everyone is great there and there is always some work to do! It's a great company to work for or do your job training with. Everyone is more than wiling to help you out if you have any questions or concerns. It's just a great environment!
Pros
Great staff to work along side with!
Great place to work, great group of people
Electrician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL10 August 2016
All around this is a wonderful place to work, the work is enjoyable, and the employees and management are great people. The facility itself is also a life time experience.
The work culture was excellent and was an amazing experience for my first work term.
Co-op Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL4 January 2016
My job was very routine but there was always something to do. For my first work term, I developed different skills such as surveying, data collecting and valuable knowledge into the operation of a hydro plant. Additionally, I was exposed to the safety standards expected of Nalcor employees which I can carry this new mentality of safety for any future jobs.

The work culture was excellent as co-workers were easy to work with and if I required help, there was no sense of fear in asking anyone a question, which was good for my first work term experience.
Different day different issues
QMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 December 2015
Always keeping you on the ball....no time for "smelling the roses".

How to survive as a contractor

Management was good, not enough time to know each other though

Co-workers we extremely knowledgeable no time expended on misunderstanding

Hardest part....moving timetable

Success!!!
Pros
nobody looking over your shoulder
Cons
Not knowing the personnel as most are contracted
Senior Contracts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, nl28 May 2015
The nalcor environment was a great place to work. The team work and professionalism was second to none. I would not hesitate to work for them again.
Great place to work!
Reliability Engineer, Intern (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 December 2014
In my experience as a work term student at Nalcor energy was a wonderful place to work with a great safety culture. They are an awesome employer. I loved all the learning and growing with the project. I really miss working there.
Productive and enjoying
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's22 November 2013
I am doing spreadsheets all day
That Nalcor is a great company to work for
They are very Professional
Are very considerate of the people they work with and very friendly and helpful
They no hard part to the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people and at Nalcor Energy
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
The job is only temperary
Great place to complete work term.
Millwright Apprentice(work term) (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL9 July 2013
A great place to work with a very well lead mangement team.
Great potential for workers, with many benefits.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Not hiring at this time.
Loved working for Nalcor.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL7 June 2013
They are an awesome employer. I loved all the learning and growing with the project. I really miss working there. I had to leave because of my husband's relocation.
Pros
Always something to learn. Great people to work with.
Cons
I have not cons.
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL28 May 2013
In my experience as a summer student at Nalcor energy was a wonderful place to work with a great safety culture.