NAIT Employee Reviews

Fun and easy going environment
Volunteered as an Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK11 June 2018
Working at NAIT was my first real job and it was really easy going, fun, and had an energetic community. The job was really easy to do and this gave me a lot of experience.
Pros
free lunches, high salary
Cons
poor management skills
A place to give back to the industry
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2018
NAIT is a very political company there are large teams of people whose sole purpose is fund raising. The organization really has very little time for the people actually instructing. In some departments Instructors are hired for short term only. They are required to bring the courses up to date then the old timers take over to casually deliver the material written by others.
Ok job
SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Friendly staff. Good pay. Good work culture. The bad thing is they only hire you as a casual worker from Aug-May then after that ends you'll have to re-apply again for the next school. year.
Fun people
Junior High Volleyball Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
As a volleyball player I enjoyed the opportunity to coach junior high aged children volleyball. This was at a summer camp and I found everything well planned and organized.
Pros
Fun days
Cons
Would've loved more money
Superficially supportive
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2018
The organization promotes internal collaboration, personal leadership and thinking out of the box and showing initiative, but at the end of the day, there are still many hoops to jump through and a lot of processes for anything - even the tiniest matters - to get approved. On the surface, it looks great - the vision statements, the training, etc. - but at the practical level, there's much fear, control and micro-managing. There's not a high calibre of trust in employees in the department, even for those who skilled professionals; it's really 'who you know' not what you do that is noticed.
nice workplace
Customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2018
excellent workplace, work environment is perfect. fun place to work,
good management, co-operative staff, safety and security while working. better place
Job that wasn't too fun
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
It was very stressful work environment, with management being very hard on new employees with high expectations.

It was a very busy day in the office, there were many people with different cultures from staff to students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was able to assist students especially those that were from out of country. It felt rewarding to help them and see them smile when they feel like they are accomplishing their goals.
Pros
Administrative Day
Cons
long hours during peak times
institute where students goals are reached.
Instructor Welding (Former Employee) –  Souch campus Edmonton,AB28 October 2017
As Instructor at NAIT I came to find that dealing with students was not only beneficial for students to have a skilled instructor at their disposal but it was as equally beneficial for instructors to be able to teach and enjoy students and seeing the progress in their efforts.

Nait is a very up to date Institution with cutting edge technology with every program that they offer. The staff are all very professional and in tune with the students needs and very knowledgeable in their field. bringing practical experience to the classroom and applying the field with the classroom theory.

Nait is a very good place to work. It has a very high standard for safety of staff and students.
Pros
Lots of time to prepare for theory and shop time
Cons
takes forever to impliment change
productive workplace
Seasonal Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2017
Very good and polite staff, work is great hours and good if you have family. great benefits if your full time. free gym use whether full time or part time.
Good management, well structured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2017
Good pay
Busy during winter and fall season and slow during summer
Employees are treated well and there's a good work life balance
Employees meet about once per year for some games, prizes and snacks
Fun and Flexible
Bookstore Customer Support representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2017
The work environment support students who wants to work at Nait and attend classes at the same time. It's mostly filled with students and people you can one can relate with.
Pros
Your work is balanced with other jobs you have or classes
Cons
Too many changes occurs monthly and associates can't keep up
Excellent lifestyle and great experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
Hired as an instructor three years ago, I had high expectations for career advancement. Unfortunately the program I was with suffered catastrophic enrollment decline.

All in all, it was a good experience. Great benefits and holiday package. Good people and great students.

I would definitely return if asked.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Too much reliance on outside funding for certain programs
Not bad Job Terrible Management
Insulator Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
This would have been a dream job a place to learn, develop & expand. everyday was a challenge to improve my Instructional skills mentoring and the programs advancement.
Unfortunately the program management was stuck in 1990 the last time the course curriculum or any relevant program information was updated. Every time I tried to suggest a program change or present any kind of change for the improvement of informational delivery. I was ridiculed and made to feel unnecessary at this career opportunity.
Management all the way down from the Dean to the Program head wasn't interested in suggestions for program change.
The hardest part of the job was finding someone with an open mind that was interested in advancing a very stale program that the program Instructors like just the way it was, no new changes meant they could keep their little jobs without putting any effort out.
Their moto was the students would never know the difference just give them a passing mark and let them learn everything they need to know in the field.
Pros
short work hours Monday to Friday
Cons
Worst tradesmen I ever worked with.
Ok
buisness (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
Security is very good, but some teachers are very disrespectful and should be taught manners....yes I mean literally they should be retrained in their professions and be subjugated to intense surveillance.
Pros
Clean, organized enviorment
Cons
very Inexclusive culture
Old school buddies
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Some departments have family, friends etc working and moving up in the roles while others who work hard, have been there longer than others get screwed
Good place to be affiliated with.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2016
Quite a diverse culture - most of the staff are knowledgeable and experienced in their field. Responsibilities makes each day a challenge yet interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Seem to have a forgiving nature
Cons
Some duplication of tasks makes for a frustrating day.
Took my work Practicum here
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
The people I worked with were great they helped me by giving me instructions on what was expected of me. I just felt overwhelmed with how many people are around all day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many people around
Taught me a lot of things that help me.
Summer worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2016
My job their was enjoyable and straight forward, I learned how to operate a forklift there as well as how to cut welding materials.
My co-workers were fun to be around and helped me a lot but if I was doing something wrong they would point it out and tell me how to do it right.
awesome
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2016
great work place with fun environment. Good salary and benefits. All the legal benefits provided, treated well and equal. have many sweet memories in nait as m graduating from their too
Pros
good wage, flexible hours
Cons
started as csr and still a csr
Inventive work place with fun times
RCD PROJECT 2016 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
During the project, it is easy to work with colleagues and communication is the key to success in the project. Along with that, having meetings to update other crews to stay on track and on schedule. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and practicing again and again to understand and find new tricks using resources like youtube, books and online. I isto find working 6 to 8 hours straight is the difficult part that I faced.
Pros
Quick breaks, Hosting small games
Cons
Working for long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAIT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2