Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

Ran 28 Drilling rigs in the field.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 March 2018
With running these rigs came with 2 Fieldsupts that helped in the office and visited the Drilling rigs while they were operating.Safety was very much a very big part in training and policeing employes on proper procedures following while working.Suppling experience for field hand to move,setup and drill wells in the ground.Maintenance also came into play also.
Pros
Did your own thing.
Cons
Long hours.
amazing
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 March 2018
Got to travel all over canada with this company. Massive life experience was awarded doing this line of work and highly recommend it to any young kid coming out of high school
Pros
life experience / salary
Cons
very dangerous/ hard work
Good company to work for!
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 January 2018
If your into working on drilling rigs then aim for this company. Excellent pay and Training. You have to pay for your own hotels and meals but its worth it for the money.
Excellent company great advancement potential
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  OM11 January 2018
I have worked for NABORS Drilling in Canada and over seas for the past 20 yrs they are a fantastic company I am glad to have the pleasure of working within this company
Pros
Traveling around the world
Cons
Working in all weather conditions
Safe, Respectable, and good pay
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB1 December 2017
Very safety orientated employer, training was great for new a new hire. Managment knew their job. Physically demanding, long hours, working every day.
Pros
Travel Accomodations, Pay, Hours, Physical Work Out
Cons
Not many days off
lease hand / motorman
Lease Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 October 2017
go to rig clean then clean some more
grab food make connections strip pipe maintain equipment
check motors add oil keep tep low rads clean
help[ mixing
learn next position
Pros
big company
Cons
big company
Ok place to work
Accounting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB21 September 2017
The staff were great here, and I enjoyed my time here. There were some large changes within the company that caused stresses throughout the office, and there was no job security. Which is why I left the company.
Pros
great team building
Cons
no job secuity
C&j
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 September 2017
Nabors changed ownership to C&J well servicing. Fast paced environment with long hours. Salary is really good for a young buck to get some traction in the oil and gas industry.
Pros
safety training
Cons
long hours.
It was Fun, wish I was still there.
Maintenace Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 July 2017
This place of employment had so much potential until the economic downturn. I never felt pressured in my position, I was afforded the time needed to learn my role and become an active team member, they provided any required training and or advice to seek training. My Manager was always courteous, considerate, and very respectful. They would always communicate with their employee's keeping us informed on where the company stood with regards to safety and how we measured up within the world. I enjoyed the staff and management and miss working there.
Pros
Casual, non pressured envirement, friendly staff and Management
Cons
the economy, Ndp, Liberals
Good company to work for
Field work, Rig hand (Former Employee) –  British Columbia & Alberta13 July 2017
Projects are frequent and hours are long but manageable. Good work life balance and fair pay. Well Managed company with a good reputation. Good culture and frequent work.
Company has always been reasonable under all and any circumstances. Never had any situations with unfair or unequal treatment.
Motorman Derrickhand (Former Employee) –  Locations all over western Canada5 July 2017
Always punctual always completed all required tasks involving all aspects of a drilling rig. Always enjoyed positive hard working team atmosphere with sense of accomplishment at the of most shifts! Information avalible upon request
Failed to launch
Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB19 June 2017
This division failed from lack of quality leadership and an understanding of the business they were attempting to start. This sad story is one that could have been prevented with a little more openmindedness.
Busy workplace
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Nabors was always a busy company with tight deadlines being a company that was worldwide. I was always asked to push myself to things done accurately and insure it was done on time.
Excellent workplace
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 May 2017
Fantastic working environments. Great and understanding supervisors and bosses. Incredible working environment. Worker based theory applied in the company.
Not bad, pretty typical
Driller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
Pretty typical of a Canadian drilling company that grew too fast too soon. They bought a bunch of companies in early 2000's and lost their way. The hands became a number and not a face and name any longer.
outside get lots of fresh air
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 April 2017
Start work day with a safety meeting with crew getting off shift. give my hands work to do and fill out books and computer. Make sure they know to come to floor when making connection or tripping.
Pros
free lunches when in camp
Cons
planes usualy late
Great place to work, lots of oppurtunity and advancement
Leasehand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB28 March 2017
Hard work, great pay, great life skills learned. I really enjoyed my time working for Nabors, it gave me a great work ethic and now I am not afraid of hard work.
Pros
The money
Cons
Very very long hours and extremely hard work.
Fun
ASSIST OTHER RIG CREW AS NECESSARY (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 February 2017
If you like working away from home and being paid well then this is the company you would like to work for they have a awesome benefits and when they are busy they are able to keep you working
Good Place to make money and friends
Roughneck / Driller / Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 November 2016
Work your butt off and get paid well for it. Management could be a little more active in the field however the support is their.
Awesome first job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 September 2016
Worked at Nabors for just over a year. After they built a new shop in another town, I found it difficult to commute. Received lots of team awards and recognition from my co-workers for taking the lead after my partner, was laid-up with broken ankle for 3 weeks. Hardest part of the job was working with men who thought 'a woman' had no business being in the warehouse. Decided to leave after the driving became too difficult and I wanted to finish my apprenticeship courses, which my supervisor did not approve of.
Pros
working for a well known and productive company
Cons
low pay and gruelling work