MYo Lab Sports Therapy + Personal Training

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Positive

I have always been happy working at MYo Lab and similar to what others have said, I feel challenged and our team leaders have high expectations but they have a respectful vision and appreciate their staff.

Pros

Location, management, facility

Cons

Hard work

Recommend

I recommend working at MYo Lab- the clinic is in a beautiful facility, management is great and the team focus really helps promote a holistic approach to patient care.

Great place to work!

Now that I've worked at MYo for longer than a few months, I can honestly say that this is the best clinic I have worked at. I've never had a boss who is so open and down to earth but also extremely hard working and puts so much into the clinic. We all get along so well, it's a true team dynamic and we help each other out as much as we can. You will love it here!!

Great place to work!

I highly recommend MYo Lab, it’s a great place to work. I’ve never worked at a place that’s so collaborative across the different disciplines. The management team has high expectations of all the employees but they provide a ton of valuable coaching to help you reach your goals.

Steer Clear

MyoLab is a stain on the wellness and rehabilitation sector within Calgary. The facility is a revolving door of practitioners due to exceptionally poor ownership and management. The management is extremely hostile towards its contractors, is extremely unprofessional and has greatly overstepped the barriers between client and practitioner relationships on numerous occasions. For any professional looking to build or with an existing patient base do not waste any of your time with MyoLab you will be mistreated, under appreciate and scrutinized unless patients are placed on a ridiculous treatment plan that only benefits the owner. Maintain your professional integrity and avoid this facility like the plague. MyoLab is a total and utter joke the fact that this facility still exists is astonishing.

Young Professionals Stay Away

From the outside MYo Lab sounds like the perfect clinic setting for a new professional. Brand new facility, "sports based practice", good compensation, etc. But do not be fooled! The ownership/management of the clinic is toxic. He has very little understanding of how to run a business and how to respectfully manage the people building his brand. The clinic has been a revolving door of employees since its opening in May of 2018 due to the ownership. For those looking with an existing patient base, you need to take it elsewhere. Your compensation will not reflect what you deserve. And when you start making decent money a "optional" salary will be "offered" to you and a laughable rate. Please just don't waste 6 months of your life working here! Go and find a proper clinic.

Pros

Nice food in the area

Cons

Ownership

Terrible management, disrespectful work place, stressful

MYoLab offers decent salaries (contract work) and good benefits however the ownership & management is terrible. Within the first year of being open, multiple people have quit and their staff is a constant revolving door. It’s hard to build supportive programs for clients when colleagues are constantly quitting. The owner supports bullying in the workplace and won’t take action to stop it. The behaviour by some employees was completely unacceptable and nothing was done. The owner won’t listen to anyone, especially not the concerns of his own employees. The owner/manager doesn’t care about anything except money. Numerous complaints have been filed with occupational health and safety so I would stay away from this place. It’s a liability to say the least. There’s a scary, conniving business that lies behind the new fancy walls of MYoLab.

Cons

Everything. Run.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MYo Lab Sports Therapy + Personal Training?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MYo Lab Sports Therapy + Personal Training. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement