MyHealth Centre Employee Reviews

The worst place ever
US technician (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 September 2019
The most unpleasant workplace with disgusting bosses.There is a lot of lies, gossips and flattery. Management is not trained properly.
Stay away from this workplace! Highly not recommended to apply.
The worst place ever
TECHNISIAN (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 August 2019
Terrible management! Unsafe! Underpaid! Overworked! Under appreciated! This company does not care about their employees' opinions, concerns nor their health! Just a very sad, stressful and toxic environment to work in. Highly suggest DO NOT APPLY !!!
No work life balance. Overworked and underpaid
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 August 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working here. You are overworked and underpaid. They can’t keep employees because they don’t fully train them properly and they offer such a low wage that you can’t get decent people hired. Management is all about making money and they don’t care about work life balance. They are more concerned about putting bandaids on things than fixing problems. This company is a joke.
Worse place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Milton27 June 2019
Worse place I ever worked for, the pay is low, too much stress they keep hiring and after two weeks fire back by abusive words. Not organized place and the training is sucks the leaders need more training in their job.
I am not recommend any one to work there, as if you don't want get frustrated.
So-so
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2019
Low pay, not enough medical/benefits. Service is decent, care about patients, best efforts made to accommodate patients as needed. If you are not part of the medical staff, it can be unrewarding due to low wages.
Toxic environment
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 April 2019
Incredibly understaffed! Terrible management! Unsafe! Underpaid! Overworked! Under appreciated! This company does not care about their employees' opinions, concerns nor their health! Just a very sad, stressful and toxic environment to work in. Highly suggest you apply elsewhere! Good luck!
Rapidly growing company with lots of potential
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2019
I have been with MyHealth, at the corporate office since 2016. In that time, I have seen the company grow from 25 clinics to over 37 today. Having a front row seat in the corporate office gives a unique perspective on the organization and its operation.

The management at MyHealth truly makes an effort to review regularly its policies and procedures and then implement to the best of their abilities given the constraints of time, money and industry regulations. Yes, we would all like more money, but given the industry we are in and the profit margins; certain choices have to be made to ensure the longevity of the company. HR reviews the pay grid every year to ensure that we are matching the legal and market rates for every position in the company. If the company paid out everything to everyone, I can guarantee you it would not have lasted this long or be as successful as it is right now.

I have personally been in meetings where long, passionate discussions are held on HR matters, company policies, employee issues, others. I can tell you even the CEO knows all the front desk employee names for all 37 locations! How many of you can say that your CEO knows you by name?

As with any rapidly growing company, there are missteps and stumbles. The company does make an effort to correct this to the best of their ability when things are discovered. The CEO is very adamant that the letter of the law is followed. Every I is dotted and T is crossed.

The company holds biannual meetings with all clinic managers, ensuring feedback from them on performance and issues. The CEO visits
  more... every location once a year to have lunch directly with the employees of that location. The head office has an open door policy where you can walk into the CEO office for any issue.

Things that could improve from a head office position - improved benefits (standard industry package), pension plan would be nice to have and a more flexible policy regarding working offsite as needed. Those improvements would increase the satisfaction of corporate staff immensely.

The company organizes summer picnics, employee appreciation lunches, Christmas celebrations at every location. Staff also receive special awards monthly for above-and-beyond service and are also highlighted in our monthly newsletters.

MyHealth is a company that will be around for a long time because of the mix of dedicated empoyees, hands-on management and a fiscally prudent use of our income. Could it be better? Sure! Is it good now? Absolutely!
Pros
Management, staff and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful, highly regulated industry
patient committed employees who put healthcare first
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 March 2019
A great group of individuals with like minded interests in delivering the best care possible. Managers who will listen to concerns and help in anyway possible.
Everyone works as a team and I enjoy coming into work every day.
Pros
Great group of co-workers
A Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2019
If you enjoy your career path in the medical field and you want that to be inline with the company that you represent. Choose MyHealth Centres!
They believe in striving forward with your career, they support the path to ultimate patient care and employee success.
Work life balance is important and MyHealth believes and supports their employees.
Pros
Wonderful work balance
Great workplace, Great people
PCR (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2019
I was hired as a PCR in January. Although I have only been here for about one month, I am thoroughly enjoying it. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The fluctuating schedule makes for great work/ life balance. Being open on Saturdays allows you to be able to book appointments during the week if you need to and not have to miss the day. Management is very supportive and explains things in detail to you when you have a question so you can better understand the answer and provide excellent service to the patients.
Pros
Work/ life balance
Excellent Environment, Best Workplace, Awesome Management.
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2019
I came first time to My Health Center to book an appointment for myself and i realized why don't I apply in this awesome company, luckily I was in. Its an awesome place to work , everyone is very co operative. The management is very experienced and I don't find anytime any difficulty working with them. I myself have a medical background and I love this environment as it makes me closer to my Field.
Our Boss is so nice, I am very inspired by her and i respect her a lot. She gives us so much space and I am always very comfortable with her.
Over all its a best place to join, to improve your confidence , your pace of work and your experience in a growing company. I am sure i wont leave this company. :)
Pros
Best Environment, Awesome Management
Cons
Certified Best Managed and Great Place to Work for a reason!
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
I've worked at MyHealth Centre for about a year and a half, and I can attest this a great place to work. That staff are friendly, supportive and cooperative, and I've had a lot of opportunities to put my skills and experience to good use and benefit to the company's year-over-year growth.
Great Place to work
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 February 2019
Great place to work...staff are friendly and helpful...room to grow and advance within the company...management cares about their employees...benefits provided...training allowances provided...overall excellent work/life balance
Pros
Opportunity to grow and advance within the company, benefits
Collaborative work enviroment
Adminsitraive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2019
company offers to work with highly experienced and fun loving people. The best place to work as provides ample opportunities to grow with the company in form of promotion and advancement. Training opportunities are great.
Sherbourne (Former PCR)
PCR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
I had a blast during my time working with this company. So what it's a call centre, it is still medical related. The staff, and managers, and the doctors were all pleasant and so nice. Sadly I had to leave so soon due to my teaching. I would of stayed if my current job would of allow me to teach at nights instead of mornings. I hope and pray you guys find the right candidate for this job.
Pros
Great experience job
Cons
Leaving to soon
Workplace is fast
Personal Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 November 2018
Each day begins with a list of patients being printed which allows you to be able to somewhat plan and prepare you day .
Patients usually start arriving within an hour of the office being open so one must be efficient and able to time manage well in order to ensure they are ready for the fast paced day.
The most difficult part of the job is often working with so many different personalities. One must be able to adapt easily.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the patients. Talking to them and helping them understand and feel reassured with the testing being done.
Pay is comparable to other medical offices and companies.
Pros
There is room to learn and grow
Cons
Being a large company means your voice can be lost at times
What I learned
Financial Analyst (co-op) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 November 2018
- company is about managing diagnostic imaging clinics
- How doctors offices are set up, for cardiologists, radiologists etc
-Company is focused on incorporating new technologies in the environment
Don’t work here
Patient Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 October 2018
You get called for an interview for medical secretary but find out it is a call centre. The company does not want patients to know they have a call centre. Therefore your job title is patient care rep. If you are working the 12-8 shift, ladies leave their work for you to finish. Certain things that were my “managers” job I did, 15 pages of call backs. The pay is not worth the headache. The New “manager” is having some sort power trip and it’s not the type of energy anyone wants to be around. A lot of the ladies have talked about other workers that I started with saying “ she’s a know it all and the other girl is a know it nothing.”Just a toxic work environment overall.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with minimum wage pay
Do NOT work here
PCR (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON18 October 2018
Terrible management, advertised to be a medical secretary but once you get to the interview it is actually for a call centre- they call us patient care representatives. Managers and workers (who have only been there for a year) will make you feel horrible every single day. Ladies talk behind your back including managers. Wages are cents above minimum wage. Sad place to work.
Excellent work culture
Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
If you're an echo tech who likes working in a team setting or individually, this is a great place to be. Lots of locations and opportunity for growth internally. Lots of feedback from Cardiologists. Workplace culture is good as the employees are friendly.
Pros
Multiple locations, flexible work hours, competitive wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyHealth Centre. Our community is ready to answer.