MyHealth Centre

MyHealth Centre Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
Employees are friendly but management do not support the employees well. Internal job postings rarely are communicated. Satisfactory and expectations exceeded performance assessments don't always result in a wage increase. Wage increases fall below inflation.
This job is valueable as it is being apart of the frontline workers in this pandemic. The environment is definitely intense as there are patients with several illness. I contribute through maintenance where I would ensure the clinic is thoroughly clean and sanitized.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
minimum wage and job cuts through lunch break where there is no pay.
This is my second time working with MyHealth and both times have been great. The people and the experienced gained is amazing and worth all the effort. As someone who wishes to be going into the medical field, this job has really tested my strength for it as it is a very fast paced, sometimes stressful, and testing environment but with the right mindset it is a very enjoyable place to work at. When it comes to the staff/management I have nothing but good things to say, they are all so kind and willing to lend a helpful hand wherever needed and teamwork is really showed here at Myhealth.
Pros
Great people, teamwork
Used to be a decent place to work. In the last few years things have started going downhill. The work load is increasing with no increase in pay. The most important thing is the bottom line; not the employees or the patients well being. Some positions have very low wages, therefore qualified candidates don't apply. Little to no training for most positions. There is a huge disconnect with management. They don't communicate with each other or the employees.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Wages, management
Great colleagues to work with, everyone is very supportive and helpful. The CEO and the senior management team reassured all staff during trying times, that we are a family and we will get through the crisis together. Everyone at the office is always willing to help out when needed.
The team works very well together, care about one another and enjoy celebrating one another. It's great engagement and a good balance of hard work and fun.
I would definitely recommend this organization.
Pros
Birthday celebrations, flexibility in hours, treats and office snacks, etc.
Cons
Na
I was hired as a patient service representative. I work in the call centre with about 15 other people and we answer phones all day long. It is very fast based and can be stressful. But the team makes it better. Everyone is so willing to help out and we all support one and another. At my previous job I received no benefits or a salary comparable to other places. This place pays so much better than most medical clinics and provides benefits! I would urge people complaining on here to see what other companies are offering and realize how good they have it here.
Pros
Team work, great co-workers, occasional free lunchs
Cons
Very fast based
Toxic, stressful biased work environment. Does not matter how good a tech you are professionally.
You are instructed to vote for best work place so the My Health corporate shows top employee achievement but this is all smoke and mirrors.

The owner is a previous financial advisor and the bottom line is his first concern. Too bad it leaves good medical professionals in a difficult position.
Pros
Some nice co workers
Cons
Every other aspect from wages to patient care
Poor management, they are bullies
Everyone is overworked and just employee number whatever

Not a career type of place of employment

Organization is non existent, and structure is everything in a medical office/clinic setting
Unfortunately, they are always understaffed and because of that the staff that they do have are overworked and stressed out. It’s a toxic environment for anyone, management doesn’t listen to employees concerns, especially when staff are telling you that you cannot take anymore on your workload, it is not about patient care at all, it’s about the money and the only way of advancing in this company is through kissing butt
Does not matter which location you work at, if they like you, they like you. Hard work is not rewarded, raises are given on a group basis not individual effort. Management is never concise or in the loop, constantly fighting for days to receive information that is necessary. Policies are put in place with loop holes that leaves the average individual worker left out to dry.
Asking for patient necessities is not recommended as it costs the company money.

If you care about patient comfort and patient overall health MyHealth is not for you.
Don’t even bother applying, they will let you go before your three months is up even after you signed onto a permanent contract. Mean management, no reasoning for laying off
Others leave work for you to finish along with your own work. Very small office spaces. Too crowded. Call centre in 1 room 10 x 10 office with 6 desk. Very low pay.
I enjoy working at My Health Oshawa and Whitby locations. It is fast-paced at times, but their teamwork and positivity, make the work enjoyable and non-stressful. All the staff are fun and friendly; management, receptionists and technologists included. The wages are a little low, but the positive environment makes working there worthwhile. They show appreciation for their employees with birthday lunch celebrations for all, regular staff meetings with lunch, Christmas parties and bonuses, verbal praise and respect. I can not speak of their other locations, but the My Health’s Oshawa/Whitby location is a good place to work.
Pros
Fun, friendly, happy staff. Free lunches.
Cons
Pay a little low.
This is one of the worst places to work at..pay is very low, too stressful for the pay you get. This place is not worth it..trust me.

management is unprofessional and incompetent! STAY AWAY!
Cons
The most unpleasant workplace with disgusting bosses.There is a lot of lies, gossips and flattery. Management is not trained properly.
Stay away from this workplace! Highly not recommended to apply.
Terrible management! Unsafe! Underpaid! Overworked! Under appreciated! This company does not care about their employees' opinions, concerns nor their health! Just a very sad, stressful and toxic environment to work in. Highly suggest DO NOT APPLY !!!
I wouldn’t recommend working here. You are overworked and underpaid. They can’t keep employees because they don’t fully train them properly and they offer such a low wage that you can’t get decent people hired. Management is all about making money and they don’t care about work life balance. They are more concerned about putting bandaids on things than fixing problems. This company is a joke.
I loved the people I worked with but myhealth as a whole is horrible company. They don’t care about their patients or their employees , they care about how much money they are racking in. If there was a problem , I was expected to use my own phone and my own data to FaceTime IT and I had to fix the problem though I had no background in the IT at all.
Worse place I ever worked for, the pay is low, too much stress they keep hiring and after two weeks fire back by abusive words. Not organized place and the training is sucks the leaders need more training in their job.
I am not recommend any one to work there, as if you don't want get frustrated.
Low pay, not enough medical/benefits. Service is decent, care about patients, best efforts made to accommodate patients as needed. If you are not part of the medical staff, it can be unrewarding due to low wages.