MYERS Employee Reviews

Worst place to work for.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2018
No matter how long you work for Myers they discard like a piece of
dirt. The managers don't stand up for you. They build you up so high and then drop you. Really long hours so by the time you get home your exhausted and have no time to play with your family. They expect you to work extra hours with no pay as well! They rather keep people who make them the most money than keep the people who actually have good customer service.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, horrible management
Will not hesitate to let you go
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
I worked for Myers Kanata Nissan for a little over 3 months. I'm rather young and it was my first service advisor position. For 3 months my manager gave me very little direction, there was very little structure overall and I never felt as if any member of the management team wanted to see their employees succeed. Instead they rely on keeping their employees in the dark and quickly collecting minor mistakes to hold over people's heads. By no means was I perfect at my job, and I was well aware I was not. I took the time to learn from my mistakes and grow as an employee. By the beginning of my fourth month, and after a Nissan mandated training course, I was starting to feel comfortable in my job position and both my work and my client satisfaction were reflecting that. However, none of that mattered; shortly into my fourth month I was pulled aside and let go with no reason. The next day my desk was filled with another Myers employee from another branch.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Awful Management
Was an ok place to work until they decided to shut the doors on over 250 employees
Thermoform Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 October 2013
A typical day for me would start with material inventory and ordering for the theromforming department, followed by running and packing a machine, daily paperwork, 5s house keeping and processing, preventitive maint, on the machines. Loading rolls.
From management i have learned not to tell informantion if you dont really no the true answers.
Tipically the employees work well together but there is still clickyness but that is every where.
The hardest part of my job is just knowing that the doors are shutting and they have use working six days a week so there production doesnt get interupted..
The most enjoyable part of my job is that im constantly learning and that i can work in pretty much any depearment in the factory so im always bouncing around doing something different.
Cons
manditory overtime for the past six months
nice cafteria, good staff, nice environment , excellent management
Tire handler, drove 1 ton truck (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2013
loaded truck from Myers to warehouse unload
building maintance, I learned to be quick and efficent. I trained a co worker. sore from lifting multiple tires. I drove multiple cars to different locations
Pros
free ciniplex movie tickets, pizza from gabriels
Cons
some long hours

Want to know more about MYERS?

Ask a question