Myers Automotive Group

Myers Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
If you work for myers you will be expected to do more then your title... except if your a manager or a mechanic you dont make them money so your dirt... just a number that makes them look good.... and i have seen managers that dont know there job!!! But others make them look like they deserve there pay... but some know better!!
Pros
Some staff
Cons
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They preach about how they are a family, but they treat you like garbage at the same time. I was let go because it was easier to that than deal with the bullying. Management does nothing but lie and ignore the issues.
The amount of harassment from other employees that was shrugged off is just not acceptable. The work itself was straightforward but there are other call centres that will treat you better.
I am lucky enough to work in an environment where work/ life balance is actually possible. We have a great team who work hard for each other And help each daily.
Management will always deflect and lie until people get so mad they quit. They don’t care about their employees but expect them work everyone else’s job
Cons
I am not sure where the negative reviews come from? I have worked for other dealer groups and this is by far the best group to work for! Work hard and you will do well!
I've worked for the Myers group for 2+ years now and have to say it's been great. The teams in the two dealerships I've worked for have been amazing. If you're looking for a challenge in a fast paced environment it's a great place to work.
Great team work.
Great management

Feels like you are one of the family.

The culture is tight and everyone is helpful, do what it takes to help customer no matter what.

Management is there to support you in anyway they can
I had an amazing tenure at the Barrhaven Toyota location. However not all dealerships have the same level of commitment to their staff. Your mileage may vary.
Having always worked in a dealership I knew what to expect. But my expectations were far exceeded. I started working here in 2016 as a Service Advisor, and was promoted to Assistant Service Manager within 2 years. It is so great to work for a company that promotes from within and recognizes hard work and dedication to the job.
Pros
Fast paced, fun, learning new technology and automotive trends, dealing with an amazing manufacturer and brand.
Cons
Sometimes you may be victim to hockey game traffic
The people here are great to work with, all departments work well together, You get rewarded when you do a good job, you feel appreciated,multiple benefits such as discounts, BBQs, lunches, and so much more. good atmosphere, management stands behind their employees when needed and many people to assist if you ever need it.
Simply the best sales remuneration plan in the business. People willing to put in the time, learn the retail sales trade, and genuinely care about the people they sell to, will benefit financially.
The main reason I joined the Myers group from my former employer was the way I was treated from the start. I was happy at my former place of employment but was looking for more of a suitable work environment for myself and my family life. I found it here! My general manager has to be the most caring and professional person I have ever worked for. I have felt welcome and appreciated every day I work for Myers. The flexibility of my schedule is another reason why I call this store my home at Myers Barrhaven Hyundai!
Pros
Schedule, financial, culture and work environment
Cons
Should of done it sooner!
This is the best company I have worked for, to date. I would always recommend to any friends and job seeker to consider job opportunity at Myers group.

Myers care for the employee as much as for their client as much as for their reputation.

Best regards
Pros
Reputation
Worst place I have ever worked, spent almost daily crying. Management was by far the worst I’ve ever experienced in my life. They treat you like you are nothing more then a piece of rice. They throw you into positions you didn’t agree to. If you take a sick day, they threaten to fire you. They don’t pay accordingly. They tell you there’s room for advancement, there isn’t. Pays were always incorrect/missing money. I do NOT recommend this place of employment.
I've had plenty of jobs in my time and no one can prepare you for the load of stress
that this place will throw at you and give you absolutely no respect! Their bottom line will never be anything about you it will be about making themselves more money and keeping their own position secured. Honestly it's not worth the time or effort you put into a job for the money. Don't waste your time on this place you can do much better.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
I was harrassed for 3 months before I quit. HR, service manager and GM did nothing. Paid so poorly and always dead! Pays other techs for you work. Always missing money on my pay
This place needs a complete overhaul. Every department is completely incompetent and uncommunicative. Management is a joke. Morale is low. Work elsewhere.
Worst treatment I ever received. I came here with many years of experience and was still treated like trash. Harrassment reports were neglected and I was fired in retaliation. Most of the staff is completely exhausted by such bad management. Stay away from this place. An employee even came to work drunk. It's a big joke here.
I was at Myers for a short time. The pay seems really good on paper until you get there and the warranty rate and internal rate is even less than what was discussed. Then your limited to one pdi or used car a day. Always chasing advisors for correct pay and the worst part is that you as a technician don’t get paid until the customer has picked up the car or the warranty claim goes through. There was little to no work flow at the location I was at which is critical being flat rate.
Worked at the dealership in Bells Corners, management was horrible, never thought about the employees, would never offer raises or give positive feedback, always negative.
All they cared about was making money for themselves and not other co workers or the company in general.