MYC Graphics

MYC Graphics Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Challenging but rewarding

MYC is a company that puts its employee's first and values each and everyone working there. The company rewards handwork and loyalty and will always give you the opportunity to show what you can do. Also the employees themselves treat each other like family and have each others back regardless of seniority. Even management will go above and beyond to help you learn and improve your self. If you are looking for a place that will challenge you and help you grow then you have come to the right place.

Pros

Challenging and rewarding environment, growth and opportunity to move up, Great Pay

MYC Graphics is home away from home.

MYC Graphics has a great working environment. Everyone from management to the staff are very supportive and this is a family-oriented company. MYC Graphics offers great training and management is always on hand to answer any questions. You are treated with respect, it is nice to work a company that actually cares about there employees.The hours may be late at times, but on the other hand, there are days that you are able to leave earlier than your shift ends.I 100% recommend anyone to apply to work at MYC Graphics. We are all committed to the company and its growth.

Pros

great working environment, interesting to learn about vehicle graphics

Cons

few long hours

Insights into MYC Graphics

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun work experience

Amazing and friendly/ family atmosphere! Always have each others back, no man left behind mentality. Playful environment, very uplifting!You are always learning, everyone is always willing to teach you. The opportunities and the diversity of jobs you work on is very vast, and the rate in which you learn new skill is unlike anywhere else, you get more experience here in six months than you would get anywhere else in 2 years. When you work at MYC you don't only grow your skills and your career, you also grow as a person.The company has a good work life balance. If you have to leave early, for an emergency or any reason, they are super understanding. You do have responsibilities and expectations that you are held accountable for, just like every other company. I would 100% recommend working at MYC Graphics to anyone! You would definitely enjoy work here!

Pros

Fun environment, Growth opportunity & Learning environment

Poorly managed causing excess stress on employees

Very tight deadlines. “Training provided” is more of a learn on your own and ask questions if needed. Don’t expect your paycheque to be given on time. Incredibly poor work-life balance. You will always work overtime hours but they don’t pay you overtime. I don’t recommend this job unless you are experienced and have no social/home life.

Pros

Room for growth within company, casual dress attire, lots of hours available

Cons

LONG hours usually +12hr days with no overtime pay, I can’t even begin with the management issues

Productive work environment chance to learn so much

Great job for those that are ready to work hard and learn a lot. Sometimes long hours, but those are always valid and only when work needs to be done. Great team, creates a family environment.

Best of the best

MYC Graphics is a great environment for those who appreciate the joy of learning a wide variety of new skills that end up being useful for work as much as they are for life. The staff is loving, understanding and take communication very seriously. Easily one of the best work experiences I'm honored to have been a part of. Management feel like family and are not overbearing or lazy at all. Everyone there is committed to the company's growth and the overall success of each department.

Pros

You'll learn many valuable skills

Cons

The typical work hours can vary sometimes, but well worth the sacrifice.

Work hard, Learn and Grow

It’s been 4 weeks in and I’ve learned a lot. Everyone is very supportive and very family-oriented. Working here helps you appreciate hard work and the personal growth that comes out of it. I’ve learned a lot in the few weeks I have been here, not just regarding my department, but also a little about the other kinds of work that go on here.

Pros

learn a lot of new skills that push my boundaries as a developer, free pizza on fridays

Friendly Staff and lots of cool projects you get to be a part of!

Super fun work environment! All the employees are friendly and very helpful. We have pizza Fridays often and expect a cake on your birthday (ice cream cake). You learn a lot here, even from other departments other than your own. The hours might be long sometimes depending on our work load, but everyday is different and you get to see a lot of cool things happen here. Really cool vehicle wraps and innovative signage and displays.

Pros

great team environment, occasional company provided lunch, cool projects

Cons

longer hours, tight deadlines

Feel Accomplished

Working at MYC Graphics gives me a sense of accomplishment. I feel more valued and more understood here than I have at previous jobs. The owner takes his own time to make sure you reach your goals, helps you think about ways to reach them and helps to grow yourself not only as a great employee but also in your personal life. I've learned how to think through things and analyze every aspect of the job while working towards an end result. Management understands the complexities of each project and tries to help along the way by overseeing or getting involved to make sure things run smoothly. The people are great to work with and the family-oriented culture of the work is very prevalent. Everyone cares about the other person and wants to see each other succeed.

Pros

Advancement and constant growth

Cons

longer hours but only when needed

Great opportunity in a growing company

The company has had a amazing growth in the last few years. If you are looking for a company which wants to take you with them to the future, this is the place. There are growing pains as with any company, but the benefits and work/life balance improves as the growth improves. Salary is good, you are started out based on experience and rewarded as you grow and learn. Job security is just as with any industry, we have to keep it growing to keep the security. Management expects a lot, but not unreasonable. Common sense and innovation will take an employee a long way. You are encouraged to grow and learn. The owner has gone above and beyond for his employees in and out of work. You become part of a family, it's not just another employee/employer relationship. The work place is very diverse and all are accepted by management and the team for who they are. One of the few places I have worked where you can be who you are without fear.

Pros

Group lunches, Team gatherings, Strong client relationships

Cons

Can be long hours, tight schedules and stressful at times

Fast-Paced, Energetic and an Environment for Professional Growth

I have been an employee with MYC Graphics for the last 2 years originally finding this opportunity here on Indeed. When I first started with MYC Graphics I became the 4th member of a firm of 3. In the last 2 years alone we have grown from a team of 4 to a team of 10. MYC Graphics is a work environment filled with Energy, Productivity and Opportunity for Professional Growth. Originally hired as a Graphic Designer, I received in-house training on large format printer operation, maintenance and technical repair; Production of Graphics and even Installation. MYC Graphics has taken my foundation design knowledge from school, past employers and freelance work and propelled me into a position of leading creative projects from initial client contact to completion. Work environment is friendly and open, we live for making each other laugh and new employees quickly become family. We take care of our own. Pay is very competitive and is based on commitment and professional development. Raises are far from uncommon and unlike a corporate counterpart these are not .75 cent raises based on yearly employment reviews. Employees committed to learning and growth are rewarded for such mindset. Work hours can be long at times but that is mostly due to individual time/project management. This has also become a lot better over the last 2 years as our team has grown from 4 to 10. Typical work day is from 9:30am to 6:30pm Monday - Friday but can be extended if the expected tasks for the day are not complete. Everyone is held accountable for their daily job duties and do not leave until the -

Pros

Positive Work Environment, Growing Company, Opportunity for Advancement, Company outings and Networking Events, Amazing client relationships (Food and Treats)

Cons

Occasionally Long Hours, Occasionally Stressful Workload

Great place to work, productive environment

Great place to work with room for advancement. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Constant teamwork is valued and appreciated, very friendly environment. Wages are extremely fair and raises are not uncommon. Five stars!

Pros

Networking events, friendly staff, long term clients

Cons

Occasional long hours

It's a great place to learn

I joined MYC Graphics as a graphic designer but learned a lot more than what a typical graphic designer would know. Because it's a smaller firm with lots of different work, it was at first overwhelming but once I picked up it was very rewarding. I was able to take on different accountabilities at will and the management was able to have me learn different skills. At the end, coming out of this employer, adapting to different environment was a piece of cake. - Hours can be long because the workload can be heavy at times, but when you manage it right your hours are normal - If you don't want to feel like a number but treated like a family, this is a place to be - You get to attend different trade shows to network and etc.

Pros

Occasional lunch outings, attending events, learning different perspectives of work

Cons

Longer hours due to workload

Great environment to learn new stuff.

I have been with MYC Graphics for few years and I enjoy working there.Everyone is very friendly yet professional. I have learned so much since I have started there. If you are looking for a job where you want be useful and grow with a company than MYC is the place to be.

Productive and fun work environment

I learned how to apply vinyl to cars and etc. Seeing that work can be fun but at the same time you need to focus and do what you have too.

best job ever

this company is fun and energetic. I've only been with them a short time but i love working there and everyone nice and treats you very friendly. good work experience if you ever need some and helpful tips when learning on the job.

Pros

great people

Cons

some days are very boring because of lack of jobs to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MYC Graphics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement