MYC Graphics Employee Reviews

Work hard, Learn and Grow
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
It’s been 4 weeks in and I’ve learned a lot. Everyone is very supportive and very family-oriented. Working here helps you appreciate hard work and the personal growth that comes out of it. I’ve learned a lot in the few weeks I have been here, not just regarding my department, but also a little about the other kinds of work that go on here.
Pros
learn a lot of new skills that push my boundaries as a developer, free pizza on fridays
Friendly Staff and lots of cool projects you get to be a part of!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
Super fun work environment! All the employees are friendly and very helpful. We have pizza Fridays often and expect a cake on your birthday (ice cream cake). You learn a lot here, even from other departments other than your own. The hours might be long sometimes depending on our work load, but everyday is different and you get to see a lot of cool things happen here. Really cool vehicle wraps and innovative signage and displays.
Pros
great team environment, occasional company provided lunch, cool projects
Cons
longer hours, tight deadlines
Awesome place to learn the industry and grow
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
MYC is a great place to work. The team here is like nothing I've worked with before - everyone is friends and will even hang out outside of work. Management is professional and will listen to your concerns. Great, long term clients - it's always a pleasure to pick up the phone and talk to them.
Salary is based on experience and performance - which is reviewed on a regular basis with pay increases.
This is a great company if you want to learn, and grow professionally in your career
Pros
Great team, great clients, fun work environment, lots of opportunities to learn
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful at times
Feel Accomplished
Lead Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2018
Working at MYC Graphics gives me a sense of accomplishment. I feel more valued and more understood here than I have at previous jobs. The owner takes his own time to make sure you reach your goals, helps you think about ways to reach them and helps to grow yourself not only as a great employee but also in your personal life.

I've learned how to think through things and analyze every aspect of the job while working towards an end result. Management understands the complexities of each project and tries to help along the way by overseeing or getting involved to make sure things run smoothly.

The people are great to work with and the family-oriented culture of the work is very prevalent. Everyone cares about the other person and wants to see each other succeed.
Pros
Advancement and constant growth
Cons
longer hours but only when needed
Great opportunity in a growing company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
The company has had a amazing growth in the last few years. If you are looking for a company which wants to take you with them to the future, this is the place. There are growing pains as with any company, but the benefits and work/life balance improves as the growth improves.

Salary is good, you are started out based on experience and rewarded as you grow and learn. Job security is just as with any industry, we have to keep it growing to keep the security.

Management expects a lot, but not unreasonable. Common sense and innovation will take an employee a long way. You are encouraged to grow and learn. The owner has gone above and beyond for his employees in and out of work. You become part of a family, it's not just another employee/employer relationship.

The work place is very diverse and all are accepted by management and the team for who they are. One of the few places I have worked where you can be who you are without fear.
Pros
Group lunches, Team gatherings, Strong client relationships
Cons
Can be long hours, tight schedules and stressful at times
Fast-Paced, Energetic and an Environment for Professional Growth
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  1146 Westport Cres. Unit #227 April 2017
I have been an employee with MYC Graphics for the last 2 years originally finding this opportunity here on Indeed. When I first started with MYC Graphics I became the 4th member of a firm of 3. In the last 2 years alone we have grown from a team of 4 to a team of 10.

MYC Graphics is a work environment filled with Energy, Productivity and Opportunity for Professional Growth. Originally hired as a Graphic Designer, I received in-house training on large format printer operation, maintenance and technical repair; Production of Graphics and even Installation. MYC Graphics has taken my foundation design knowledge from school, past employers and freelance work and propelled me into a position of leading creative projects from initial client contact to completion.

Work environment is friendly and open, we live for making each other laugh and new employees quickly become family. We take care of our own. Pay is very competitive and is based on commitment and professional development. Raises are far from uncommon and unlike a corporate counterpart these are not .75 cent raises based on yearly employment reviews. Employees committed to learning and growth are rewarded for such mindset.

Work hours can be long at times but that is mostly due to individual time/project management. This has also become a lot better over the last 2 years as our team has grown from 4 to 10. Typical work day is from 9:30am to 6:30pm Monday - Friday but can be extended if the expected tasks for the day are not complete. Everyone is held accountable for their daily job duties and do not leave until the
  more... jobs are done for the day.

If you are devoted to professional development, learning, hard work, service and quality than MYC Graphics is the place for you. Recognizing and rewarding your personal growth from day one.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Growing Company, Opportunity for Advancement, Company outings and Networking Events, Amazing client relationships (Food and Treats)
Cons
Occasionally Long Hours, Occasionally Stressful Workload
Great place to work, productive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
Great place to work with room for advancement. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Constant teamwork is valued and appreciated, very friendly environment. Wages are extremely fair and raises are not uncommon. Five stars!
Pros
Networking events, friendly staff, long term clients
Cons
Occasional long hours
It's a great place to learn
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
I joined MYC Graphics as a graphic designer but learned a lot more than what a typical graphic designer would know.

Because it's a smaller firm with lots of different work, it was at first overwhelming but once I picked up it was very rewarding.

I was able to take on different accountabilities at will and the management was able to have me learn different skills. At the end, coming out of this employer, adapting to different environment was a piece of cake.

- Hours can be long because the workload can be heavy at times, but when you manage it right your hours are normal
- If you don't want to feel like a number but treated like a family, this is a place to be
- You get to attend different trade shows to network and etc.
Pros
Occasional lunch outings, attending events, learning different perspectives of work
Cons
Longer hours due to workload
Great environment to learn new stuff.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
I have been with MYC Graphics for few years and I enjoy working there.Everyone is very friendly yet professional.
I have learned so much since I have started there.
If you are looking for a job where you want be useful and grow with a company than MYC is the place to be.
Productive and fun work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
I learned how to apply vinyl to cars and etc. Seeing that work can be fun but at the same time you need to focus and do what you have too.
best job ever
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
this company is fun and energetic. I've only been with them a short time but i love working there and everyone nice and treats you very friendly. good work experience if you ever need some and helpful tips when learning on the job.
Pros
great people
Cons
some days are very boring because of lack of jobs to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MYC Graphics. Our community is ready to answer.

MYC Graphics Reviews by Location