My Storage

My Storage Employee Reviews

Overall was a good experience. I framed units all day but the management team weren't allows productive and nice. I would recommend this job to someone who is starting out in construction

Great place to work!

There is always something to do, so you are never bored, but not too much pressure either. Great team to work with and good work schedule. I have been here for two years.

Fair

Collaborative environment, lovely team members, I've been working for the company 5.5 years, it keeps evolving for the better. Definitely consider My Storage a career path.

Avoid unless you can't get anything else.

Completely underhanded and backwards company that could use for a good audit or visit from the ministry. I will not waste time on full detail.... Make sure you document everything twice, reread, cover yourself, and do not trust the company. They will take advantage of you and push you and then try to go behind your back. Nothing the do is respectable... If you need a paycheck and don't care about whether your working for some grifters then work for mystorage

Pros

None important

Cons

Everything you do seems like it's done improperly

Great Place to work

I have been working at My Storage for almost 7 years and it has been a joy to work here. I have seen the company grow from 3 locations to 8 with 2 more on the way. I absolutely love my job and have moved up from Site manager to District Manager. We are like a family and the My boss is amazing. The pay is great and and the environment is fast paced and you are always learning new things. Can't imagine working anywhere else.

Perfect place to work if you're a hard worker and want to control your own wage

Been working here for multiple summers, honestly, find it one of the best places to work if you're on top of your game. Completely in control of how much you earn as you are rewarded and make a commission off literally anything you sell or collect. Lots of prizes and friendly competitions, and optional bonus projects that make the day to day workplace fun. Your wages are never restricted to one rate and are completely dependent on how much effort you want to put in. I love my co-workers and have been able to create an efficient group that is able to work as a team together. Lots of lists and task management within the job that is required such as walking through the entire facility, but wouldn't want to work anywhere else and no place allows you to excel in the way this company does.

Pros

commission, competitions, fun environment

Cons

list and task completion

Don’t work here

Was told since I didn’t have much construction as a background that the people I would be working with would be helpful and understanding. Well they weren’t! After asking the manager to see if i could switch my job since I didn’t have the strength for it, he made me stand fences up (no problem) but what I’m really getting at was there were 4 people traveled 4hrs away just to get fired on the first shift

13 January 2020
You clearly stated that you did not have the strength for the job you were hired for. Travel time to the location was paid.

District Manager

I've been on the My Storage team for 3.5 years and I am very happy in the career I ended up in. I an constantly being pushed to learn new things and I get the chance to work on a team that is extremely supportive. Our brand has grown drastically in the few years I have been a part of the company and I am excited to see where we go from here. Job security with this company is excellent and compensation is extremely fair and competitive for the industry.

I’ve worked here for over two years and like any job it has good days and bad days but mostly good. Management is respectful and cares about us, celebrating birthdays, giving lunches and having other celebrations. Pay is great and there is commission!

Great wages and fun enviroment

I am confused about the negative reviews!!! I have worked at My Storage just over a year and it's great because they really emphasize teamwork. The pay is great plus commission AND on top of that, they give perks such as bonuses! I have never worked at a company that offers more just because. It's still fun in the office because we can connect with skype so even if you are working at one location you can connect with the employees at other locations.

Bi weekly bonus structure

Paid hourly and then given bi weekly bonuses which never make sense as those bonuses are based on the owners mood. Management is awful their reasoning makes no sense.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours bad compensation

25 July 2019
Our administrative pay is a base salary of $20 per hour, which is very competitive in the GTA. A bonus by nature fluctuates and therefore is not guaranteed or set a recurring specific rate. Any bonus is most certainly not based on the "owner's mood" and clearly this is a spam type of review. Any bonuses are determined in advance for specific projects or outstanding performance. All bonuses are determined by the Manager not the owner of the company.

Management is Awful

My Storage has potential to be a great place to work. However, the management is awful, often speaking to you as though you are an idiot, telling you to do things that are not part of the job requirements, and promising things without following through.When staff can't stand the idea of spending the day with you, their is an issue. You are also given name tag with the title of "Site Manager", so that customers believe you have more authority than you do, often having to deal with the brunt of things because of this fake title.

Pros

Commission on top of Hourly Pay

Cons

Everything Else.

25 July 2019
We are sorry you were unable to get along with your manager. At My Storage we take pride in treating our employees fairly and respectfully. No management would speak to an employee poorly or ask an employee to do things outside of the scope of the position. Position requirements are outlined in the interview. If you want to just sit and relax all day this is not the job for you! A Site Manager is responsible for the facility they are at, and much like a manager at any business, some issues need to be dealt with by higher management.

Excellent workplace

Everywhere has its ups and downs but I really enjoy working for My Storage as we have a great team who works together which makes my day to day workplace very enjoyable. Awesome open door policy with many opportunities to make money and give ideas to make the job manageable for all of us! They are very flexible with us and open to new ideas :)

Fun and dynamic place to work!

If you like the time to pass quickly and earn money this is a great place to work! Fun staff! Management goes above and beyond to make you feel special, like dinners out and celebrating birthdays! You can easily make 20+ an hour working in the office here!

Pros

Incentives for doing little extras and giving good service!

Cons

Hard work-absolutely! But work you can learn so much from if you're willing. Intelligent management who are experienced teachers educating us.

Have I wanted to quit some days? Oh yes. It's hard physically and mentally. There's a lot thrown at you and seems to be all at once. But you learn so much ((if you're willing) and you have experienced people who've been where we are helping us to where we want to be. I've never had such an amazing opportunity as a career. They took a chance on me and I owe them for that. Thank you MY STORAGE for this amazing career opportunity.

Pros

Several opportunities to make more money than our $14/hour.

Cons

You're tossed from one project to another and you struggle to find time to complete each one.

Amazing work place, amazing staff, and management

Working at my storage has been an eye opening experience. Not only was I given the chance to work with amazing coworkers but I was also taught many life lessons. The work environment is really like one big family. Multitasking is a must and it can get very high paced, having the chance to meet different tenants and dealing with them one on one has been the best part.

Fun place to work

Great job, was fun to work there. Management works with you and your schedule. You make commission and base pay. You need to be hard worker to succeed. You need to be good at multitasking and being able to handle the facility yourself.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Must be committed

poor business practise

business practise is more. Management tells you one thing then 5 ins later changes there mind. they promise all this great incentives when hired but then you look at your pay cheque and ur like whatttttt

27 March 2018
Every employee at My Storage has the opportunity to make well above minimum wage. The only possible way for someone to not get incentives would be to do nothing while at work. Incentives are given to represent each employee's efforts fairly. If you work more, you earn more. Given the unprofessional way this review has been written, it seems this particular person was not a fit for our company or perhaps it is just spam.

Fun relaxed place to work

My storage was a great place to work and a great management. It was relaxing and could also be a fast paced as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at My Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • My Storage
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?