MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Mv Transportation
Supervisor Abdule Mcwhorter (909) (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA22 May 2018
I really loved working for this company, they not only train you but remind you daily that safety comes first. They work hard to keep their employees happy. This is a great way to get your foot in the door if you want your cdl.
It can be a lil better
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI20 May 2018
It's okay they will give you the training you need to become the best driver and will try to work with your availability and make you feel welcome to the company
face past
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC20 May 2018
shifts started out as a driver as early as 4:15 and the day ended around 8:30 pm. The job is for people that love people and have great customer service.
Good place to work even though pay is on the low side and hours are sometimes brutal.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS19 May 2018
It's a good place to work but I wish that they would even out the route times; sometimes I worked 12 hour days. Also, $12 per hour is on the low side.
Bad,bad,bad
Former reservationist (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD18 May 2018
Horrible place to work, Employees are not humans beings, for the upper or middle management. THEY ARE THINGS!! They want you to live to work , do not care about if you are sick, your mother die or you had a hart attack. Eight of 10 new hires quit whiting 3 months or are fired because they requested a day off. Stay away
Pros
The porpose
Cons
you will be humiliated
Good workplace
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 May 2018
Very calm and safe environment. The people are awesome. Really hard to get a raise even if you deserve it. But they do a lot of appreciation cookouts and events for employees.
great place to advance career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 May 2018
I love it here at mv. family oriented. there are many mv's throughout the usa if you are looking to move to another city. if you have a pleasant attitude and personality you can get far with this company.
Pros
small but large at the small time
Cons
wage is lower than expected
Alright
Metro Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 May 2018
Not very good place to work for. To many busy body always in your bussness. The clients were fine. I like to see the smiles on the clients faces when I pick them up.
Cons
staff is amazing and very helful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK14 May 2018
It was a great place to work at, the employees there was very helpful on anything you needed help with. However I did not like that we only worked 4hrs on the weekend, I thought it was just a waist of my gas for just for hours and there was no career advancement, 3 of the employees that work in the office been there for 5+years and still at in the call center. They all deserve to be up in the management department.
Driving
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CA11 May 2018
This Job helped me become a very good driver, my clients really appreciated my good driving and good customer service, I also drove for Uber for a year it was alt of fun, but it is better if it is your full-time job.
Pros
fun driving
Cons
traffic
No Structure
Call Taker/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA10 May 2018
Not very structured workplace, managers don't really manage staff. Co-workers have bad attitudes, and managers basically let them run the shifts. No room for advancement.
Sameas workTransdev
Escort passengers (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 May 2018
At least here a t MV I felt respected a s an employee and we were union. Management worked with the drivers to resolve issues. The co mpany decided to dissolve the paratransit property.
Public transportation
Professional Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 May 2018
Public transportation is a relaxed job until dispatch start messing up your manifest, or your tablet dies while your on a route, and the bus start braking down on you.
We always had dinners for the holidays.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IL8 May 2018
getting there at 5:00 am talk a little bit with my coworkers and off to my route which i love because i love my clients.I learned how to stay calm and safe all the time when driving.I also love my manager but we had a really bad falling out due to my family issues.In the workplace we treated each other like family.I think the hardest part of the job was never having someone to drive your route when you really needed them to.MY clients I enjoyed them so much.
Worse Job Ever
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD8 May 2018
You are overworked and underpaid. Been in mandatory overtime for over six months. You work six days a week with one day off. You get burned out with this job. There is a point system thats held for attendance and at ten points you are terminated which if you bring in doctors notes for being absent the still count as and unexcused absence. This company has a extremely high turnover rate and the management is not understand at all. The motto is "all about numbers, the business needs dictates if you are able to be off for any reason".
Poor management
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD7 May 2018
The job was good. Themanagement is terrible.Very lucrative contract very mis managed . Unprofessional team too many personal issues not enough professsionalism.
Poor Management. Poor Union
Professional Mobility Driver t (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MD4 May 2018
MV Transportation is very unprofessional, Crocked, and Getto, The CEO does not have discussions with employees only staff. Changes are always being made and it works for no one but the company. Benefits are too expensive and supervisors and dispatchers are very confrontational and have to many favoritizem. They are way to friendly with staff and too many personal relationships with each other including management. the union takes the employees money and does not support them only pretend to. the union sides with management. Worst place to work.
Pros
Meet numerous people.
Cons
Rat Race.
Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA4 May 2018
I have always excelled in Customer Service, and Management. It was an honor leading a successful team of CSR's, and the customer base was very unique.
Fast paces due to keeping your time points especially with the busiest routes.
Coach Operator (Bus) (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA3 May 2018
Once you get hurt on the job they don't care about you. They sent me home without warning. After there for almost 6 years. There was also much favoritism which sucked. I loved my job otherwise.
fast paced work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY29 April 2018
managers had very poor people skills and the drivers were very disrespectful with poor cleaning habits the overall chemistry with different areas were completely off
Pros
a lot of down time
Cons
short breaks