Muskoka Bay Club Employee Reviews

Management Style can be stressful and micromanaging
Outside Services /Back Shop (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst2 November 2018
MBC is a majestic golf course when noticed and played upon.. However management style for the Outside Services borders on verbal abuse directed toward staff for no substantial reason. Does not add to the enjoyment of being in a relaxed environment.
Maybe that is why there is movement of staff towards going to Taboo. To management - save such tactics for war games, not golf!
Pros
Use of course, lovely milieu to be in
Cons
too controlling mgmt. style creating tension amongst staff
Pretty on the outside Ugly on the inside
Breakfast cook-2017 Jr. Sous Chef-2018 (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON30 October 2018
It's a great golf course, beautiful landscape.. Overall nice place to be. But ugly on the inside, I mean management. They over work you and under pay and underapprciate you as an employee.

Not much chance of advancement, and as for job security, not much security there. You are never guaranteed a job next season.

As for myself being a returning employee from last season. Even though I've always done my best, they would still choose other employees over myself. Which I don't see why when I've worked hard and am experienced in all aspects of my job.

Also they do not honour the contracts they put into there for working for them. But if I did someone wrong that went against their contract I would be penalized for it.
Magestic Golf Course
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON1 June 2018
Enjoyable company to work for. The days were hot and long but that was expected. The management was great and always made sure we were well taken care of.
Pros
Good work environment, great coworkers
Cons
productive and safe working enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON18 November 2017
I learnt how to wait tables, My customer service skills really peeked since they were put to the test! It was a wonderful staff and the hours were great.
It was fun especially when we got to drive the carts. Equipment was well maintained at all times
Gardener/Turf Care (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON21 August 2017
It was a great place to work.
The hours were perfect for my schedule- finished by 2:30
Good group people to work with/for
Physically demanding
The end of the season luncheon was delicious
Pros
equipment was well maintained, friendly atmosphere, all departments were very approachable
Cons
At the time, gardening dept was short staffed
Amazing scenery, very hard but gratifying work.
Golf Course Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON2 March 2017
A typical day is always different and always fun. Grounds maintenance on a golf course is always fun and interesting, but it gets even better when the scenery is amazing like it is at Muskoka Bay. Lots of wildlife and nice people, a great place to work.
Enjoyable environment, and a fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON18 April 2016
I loved working here, I got off work at 3 which gave me time to be a kid. Its nice to live while your young. I learned how to operate tools and machinery which gave me a good knowledge base for future jobs.
Pros
good hours, outside and enjoying life, great community.
Cons
too far away for me to be able to be independant on going to work.