MUSKOKA ALGONQUIN HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

2.5Job Security & Advancement
Average workplace
Patient Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge5 September 2018
Smaller hospital found my days a bit boring, I like a more fast passed environment with more patient interaction.
Best part of this workplace was all the staff that I became friends with.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management not organized
Variety of duties
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON12 July 2018
Extremely busy atmosphere assisting various degrees in dealing with the public. The position held a variety of responsibilities and always new situations would arise to test your endurance.
Deplorable
Supervisor in Nursing Care Unit and ER RN (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON16 September 2016
I was targeted from the day I started work, as I was right out of my Nursing Degree training and ER nurses and floor staff wanted someone with years of experience instead of me. They were extremely unwelcoming and biased and made sure I knew I was not a part of their team. I would never recommend anyone working there.
Benefits
Cons
The mind set and behavior of fellow nurses and management
As I am employed as a float Resource Nurse- I am often used to cover sick calls and need to be able to care for patients with a variety of illnesses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON23 July 2013
Currently I am employed as a float nurse; often being used to cover sick calls or cover scope of practice for RPN's working the med-surg floor. I can be moved about the hospital several times a day depending on the acuity of the floors and RN coverage.

One of the hardest parts of my day would be trying to keep all documentation recorded and up to date as I am shifted from one area to another.

One of the most enjoyable parts of my day would include being able to make decisions based on my own assessments. I am counted on for my knowledge and ability to act on my decisions and feel I can connect with the patients I interact with in a therapeutic manner.
Pros
Colleagues & Multidisciplinary Teams
Cons
Constantly changing environment