Municipality of Chatham-Kent

Municipality of Chatham-Kent Employee Reviews

Respectful workplace and balanced work

Enjoy working at Municipality of Chatham Kent, work life balanced, great benefits, management and colleague are helpful, great workplace culture. Great work ethics.

Pros

Balanced work, less stress

Cons

Less room to learn new things

Productive enjoyable work environment

Fair work environment with a good team of coworkers and caring responsible supervisors. Variety of tasks to be done each day, with the most difficult tasks being evenly divided amongst the team not just placed on the lowest seniority workers.

interesting job being a transfer opreator

Operated a scale to weigh citizens and contractors waste load and charge them accordingly. (waste garbage, lumber, metal, drywall ect) Crushed material with a front end loader and put material in a large metal bin, when full would be hauled away by BFI.

Pros

Some free lunches

Cons

got paid for 4 hrs but really work5 to 6 hrs

Productive and overall accommodating workplace

In all my time at the Municipality of Chatham-Kent I had no issues or concerns. The workplace environment was exceptional and the management I dealt with was very kind, caring and professional.

Chatham Kent is a growing Community and is always striving for the best in public’s opinion!!

Chatham-Kent is very friendly and family oriented community!! CHATHAM Kent is always growing and striving to do their best for their community and surrounding areas.

Exciting place to work!

It was a great experience and it taught me a lot. It was an ideal stepping stone in my career advances. Although, I was just an intern I was given a significant amount of responsibility and was respected throughout the department.

Overall, would recommend

Good workplace that is slightly understaffed and has a few organizational issues. Good student job with many nice people. Pays decently well, however, does not cover costs of certain trainings and uniforms that other employers normally would.

Great Pay, Benefits Great team to work with!

Remuneration is excellent. Applying for a job is excruciating painful. Must completed a career profile that must tailor your resume to match the answers you provide. Experience, competency and skills not as important as a University degree.

Great place to work and great people to be with and work for I am very happy to have been a employee at this organization they are always great service great work for you guys thanks for everything

Good

Good

I love my residents and co workers

Need to work all 3 shifts weekends and take call ins. Good pay. Lots of hours. Need to be organized and work as a team. Its hard work and can be draining emotionally amd physically. I love my residents and my co workers. Ive learned a lot while being here.

great

its been great working for the municipality of Chatham kent. i work with good people . i really enjoy working in the maintenance department its been a great job

Horrible work experience

Loved the job... management, however, was horrible. Absolutely no help from HR - if anything, they made it worse. It's been a few years and I still see the same things happening there.

Great Place to Work

Great working environment. Working with a variety of situation within the municipality, this position allows for a diverse number of tasks. Colleagues and management are helpful and friendly.

Great Experience

Job was rewarding and educational. Management and staff were friendly. Workplace culture was inviting and supportive. Never felt pressured or unsafe at work.

Best place to work, if you can get in

This place really knows how to take care of their employees. 8 hour days, Monday to Friday, work is always different. Management is great, sometimes it can get a bit political, but you learn to deal with it.

Good Benefits

Decent place to work. Good benefits, pay is ok. 3 weeks holidays after 4 years. Tough to move ahead if you are not in the old boys club or Friday night social group.

Good Environment to work in day-to-day

The day to day work environment was good. I learned excellent customer service skills. Anylitical problem solving skills were honed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working inter-departmentally with co-workers.

Pros

Laid back office environment

Cons

If Management doesn't like you, you are doomed

Fun and rewarding summer student position

This was a wonderful job made available to students in the municipality for summer employment. Working as an ambassador to the town was rewarding and there was always something to do to make our town look and feel better!

Pros

Close to home, in the heart of the community

Cons

Some days much longer than others, more maintenance and physical labour than expected

Looking forward to working at such a productive company.

m aI would luv to try being a C ross guard and helping to get children safely to school and back.I am a very sociable person and luv children. The climate that we live in requires us to dress warmly in cold weather.

Pros

The free lunches sounds good!

Volunteer

NOt much to say it was fun. Gave me perspective about responsibilities to the community. Chatham-kent is a wonderful town that seems to be getting better

Outdoor Environment

I currently work in a field that incorporates a team work environment working in all types of weather. It is a company who promotes public relations and safety consciousness. The job requires the ability to multitask, and the safe use of traffic plans. The daily tasks vary greatly from asphalt pothole filling, yard pick up, road safety blocks, and many more options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Municipality of Chatham-Kent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5