MUNICIPAL PROPERTY ASSESSMENT CORPORATION

MUNICIPAL PROPERTY ASSESSMENT CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
My team with MPAC was amazing, I hope to return as soon as possible! I am currently waiting to hear back about a position within the corporation. I would 100% recommend working for MPAC.
Toxic work culture, no advancement unless you're a friend or so so of MPAC management, a characteristic of rampant cronyism. There is a high turnover rate of staff, and even in management level.
Toxic work culture, no advancement unless you're a close friend of MPAC establishment, a characteristic of rampant cronyism. There is a high turnover rate of staff, and even in management level.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Too much politics.
I loved working at MPAC as the work was challenging which allowed me to learn while working. The environment was very collaborative and welcoming. If I needed any help on a task, colleagues were open to spending time explaining the solution. I would definitely recommend working here.
Very collaborative environment. Many people work from home, so it gives a great work/life balance. Friendly and competent management and training program. You enter the job with all the skills to succeed.
Good work culture
helpful people

laid back work culture

managers are not well trained

overall helpful people and good work culture

in terms of learning, you will need financial support but learning is on your own and less contribution from managers
A typical day at work is fast paced, exciting, and it requires a lot of focus to detail. I work with internal and external groups to ensure that the information provided to our company from external sources are completed with accuracy to ensure that property owners across the province have the correct information on their assessment notice. I enjoy working with everyone, and it does require a lot of focus and training to meet the requirements of the job.
This is a great place to work. the co workers are fun and the work itself is not too demanding. Defined pensions and good salary structure. Keep looking for opportunities here. The pickering office is excellent.
Pros
Free Pizza. Work from home
Cons
No Cons. Mostly property data related.
good place to work with a good office culture, only con is most positions require door to door contact with taxpayers that could sometimes be contentious. Other than that, great place to work
The startup pace of development in the company can sometimes be at odds with the union mindset of some more senior employees. There is a push for newer technologies but a slower than adoption and learning rate after implementation. Overall the people are very friendly and good to work with.
Awesome people. Great environment.
Fantastic learning opportunity. Took the time to ensure as a student you were trained with all the tools.

Fast professional pace.
Good work/life balance, decent opportunities for advancement, great collective. Modern renovated office space. Ability to work in the office as well as from home.
Normal 7 am to 3 pm shifts. Able to listen to music and/or podcasts at work. Have to be proficient in computers and reading data. Supervisors were great to work with and very knowledgeable on the job requirements.
Everyone is so warm and friendly. The management team, wants you to succeed and are very approachable. If ever you need to ask a question, the staff are very knowledgeable and happy to help.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Contract
Great corporation to work for because they promote advancement, and over amazing options to improve work/life balance (AWA/working remotely from home or off site)
I am not sure about other department/locations, but this is specifically in the department that I worked in

Corrupted environment

If they offer you a job, make sure you know what you getting your self into. They might tell you something else in the interview, and expect you to do something else on the job, with no training or right mentors. Although, they claim that they provide training.

You will only get the right training, mentors and pair programming, if the managers likes you and wants you to excel.

A very toxic environment, does not treat all employees equally. They judge and isolate their employee based on rumors spread by another employee, without ever listening to the other side of the story.

If you don't belong to a certain cultural group, you will be seen as minority.

There are no development plans here for the projects, with no requirements.

The projects are all over the place, with no proper deadlines/severity being communicated to all the employees ahead of time.

Either they play around with your job title as not being same as other co-workers or they set you up for failure if they want you out.

The managers would claims that their employee had made certain decision,without ever confronting the employee or without confirming.

The managers are all lazy, hypocrites and will micromanage you to a point where you mental health is affected and makes you want to quit everyday or make you not come into the work.

Huge turnover, people quit after working 5-6 months here,due to the managers ego.

They stage their project/work when
 - more...
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Corrupted, Toxic
good staff, large organization that help employees better themselves while providing new experiences and learning and development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
MPAC is an independent, not-for-profit corporation funded by all Ontario municipalities, accountable to the Province, municipalities and property taxpayers through its 13 member Board of Directors.

Employees are encouraged to work remotely when possible.
Pros
Provides state of the art technology
Cons
I haven't been here long, but for the time that I have been here it has been a great experience with great pay and wonderful managers. Would highly recommend.
I was a data entry clerk and was busy the whole day. I learnt the art of entering data quickly and accurately.
Their office was very close to my house, which was a benefit to me.
Pros
Office was close to my home
Learned a lot about municipal assessment as a summer student. I had some education in the field so I would have liked to have had been given more responsibility and more important tasks to perform.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MUNICIPAL PROPERTY ASSESSMENT CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2