Munich Re

Munich Re Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
A good place to work so far
Lot of new and exciting changes. The company is going through a transformation in the tech space which is positive and will streamline a lot of processes and provide new learning opportunities.
Well paid and good benefits
Nice to work with so many smart people in a big project. Very supportive business people when you need their help. Good location, well paid for full-time employees.
Worked to the bone with no career advancement
The managers here are clueless and hire low quality analysts. Incompetence begets incompetence. They put you through a massive number of overtime hours only to scrap a project/change a deadline. Career advancement seems to be based mostly on luck, and not merit.
Pros
Young and relatable workforce, office looks nice, paid OT (if you ask nicely)
Cons
Long hours, low pay, managers who do not care about you
Great
Great place to ork ith amazing staff and good opportunities for advancement. The work culture as relaxed and excellent at teaching employees the ropes of the job
Professional and prestigious company which help me opened eye to the global
Professional and prestigious company which help me opened eye to the global.

Excellent downtown location with flexible working hours.

Huge amount of business which means I have to ensure all the business requirement I defined must be very concise to avoid any system issues.
External contractor
Well run organization, though I am contractor so no affiliated. As an outside objective observer, this company takes pride in caring for it's employees and the work life balance appears to be fair.
no support from management
employees are left to sink or swim. Management was reluctant or unwilling to provide direction or instruction. Downtown Toronto location difficult to get to and commuting alone can consume 2 to 3 hours a day.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
see above
good place to work
very good place to work I like the people and the place and the people are super nice and sweet and career wise good place to grow insurance is good yes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Munich Re?
Good company, hard career advancement
Good place to work, really hard to advance your career if you're not an actuary. Good work culture, great benefits, people are amazing, lots of social events. Really bad HR department
Pros
Good culture
Cons
hard to advance career
Excellent working environment
Excellent working environment. Learned new technologies including the EBS Oracle Financials R12 Administration, upgrading from release 11g to R12. Linux System Administration.
Execellent
A very busy work on a daily base due to offer support for 4 company's. the day pass very fast. they are open a suggestions related to the environments and overtime is available.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Overtime is available
Amazing workplace environment & supervisors!
Currently working at Munich doing temporary work, even though it's temporary it gives you a good insight into working for a large company. Our supervisors are amazing and more than helpful and my co-workers are fabulous!
Munich has a great environment and I wish my position there was permanent.
A good company to build your career
A good company to work for, to learn from and to grow as a group along with fair salary and benefit. It is also a good company to work as a contractor.
Productive work placement
I enjoy working in Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada. I learned a lot and enhanced my skills while working in MROC. Management is very good.
Great Company
Leading edge applying new technologies.

Great people and great benefits
Loved working here.
This was my first "real job" out of college. I gained a ton of experience and learned a lot in a very corporate culture. I worked for the Marketing Department. There were just five of us on this team and I really enjoyed working so close with all of the individuals.

Some of my personal responsibilities while here were:

-I was responsible for updating our client database that had tens of thousands of contacts in it

-I was part of the decision making process for our swag and client gifts

-I proof read and compiled several internal reports, as well as drafted memo's to go out externally

-Planning and executing our annual golf tournament and other client meetings, conferences and events

-Travel arrangements for executives within the department

-Prepare powerpoint presentations, and other material for executives

-Occasionally covered front desk reception, answering multi-line phone system and directing calls as needed.

I enjoyed the variety in my work. I hope to find another company similar to this, where I can grow with the company and my co-workers.
Pros
excellent pay, full health benefits, rrsp contributions etc, was exactly what i am looking for in a job, loved knowing i am making other people's lives easier as their assistant
Cons
was a bit of a commute to work each way (taking subway system which often had delays)