Munich Re Employee Reviews

Professional and prestigious company which help me opened eye to the global
Business System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Professional and prestigious company which help me opened eye to the global.

Excellent downtown location with flexible working hours.

Huge amount of business which means I have to ensure all the business requirement I defined must be very concise to avoid any system issues.
no support from management
Senior Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
employees are left to sink or swim. Management was reluctant or unwilling to provide direction or instruction. Downtown Toronto location difficult to get to and commuting alone can consume 2 to 3 hours a day.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
see above
Good company, hard career advancement
Underwriting Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Good place to work, really hard to advance your career if you're not an actuary. Good work culture, great benefits, people are amazing, lots of social events. Really bad HR department
Pros
Good culture
Cons
hard to advance career
Loved working here.
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2013
This was my first "real job" out of college. I gained a ton of experience and learned a lot in a very corporate culture. I worked for the Marketing Department. There were just five of us on this team and I really enjoyed working so close with all of the individuals.

Some of my personal responsibilities while here were:
-I was responsible for updating our client database that had tens of thousands of contacts in it
-I was part of the decision making process for our swag and client gifts
-I proof read and compiled several internal reports, as well as drafted memo's to go out externally
-Planning and executing our annual golf tournament and other client meetings, conferences and events
-Travel arrangements for executives within the department
-Prepare powerpoint presentations, and other material for executives
-Occasionally covered front desk reception, answering multi-line phone system and directing calls as needed.

I enjoyed the variety in my work. I hope to find another company similar to this, where I can grow with the company and my co-workers.
Pros
excellent pay, full health benefits, rrsp contributions etc, was exactly what i am looking for in a job, loved knowing i am making other people's lives easier as their assistant
Cons
was a bit of a commute to work each way (taking subway system which often had delays)
A good company to build your career
Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
A good company to work for, to learn from and to grow as a group along with fair salary and benefit. It is also a good company to work as a contractor.
Great Company
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2014
Leading edge applying new technologies.

Great people and great benefits
External contractor
Senior Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
Well run organization, though I am contractor so no affiliated. As an outside objective observer, this company takes pride in caring for it's employees and the work life balance appears to be fair.
good place to work
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
very good place to work I like the people and the place and the people are super nice and sweet and career wise good place to grow insurance is good yes
Productive work placement
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 May 2015
I enjoy working in Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada. I learned a lot and enhanced my skills while working in MROC. Management is very good.
Amazing workplace environment & supervisors!
Data Entry/Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
Currently working at Munich doing temporary work, even though it's temporary it gives you a good insight into working for a large company. Our supervisors are amazing and more than helpful and my co-workers are fabulous!
Munich has a great environment and I wish my position there was permanent.
Execellent
Application Development Agent Third Level Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2016
A very busy work on a daily base due to offer support for 4 company's. the day pass very fast. they are open a suggestions related to the environments and overtime is available.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Overtime is available
Excellent working environment
DBA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
Excellent working environment. Learned new technologies including the EBS Oracle Financials R12 Administration, upgrading from release 11g to R12. Linux System Administration.