Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada Employee Reviews

I just did this??
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
I'm not sure why its making me review twice, but I'm just filling out the minimum and moving on! I really did enjoy working with the MS Society though.
Management has no idea what they're doing. Each chapter is amazing.
ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 October 2016
Probably a common theme with charities. The chapters that I worked with were fantastic, but management made some key errors in funding and organization that they are never reprimanded for. Keep up the good work, chapters!
perfect place
Board Of Director Medical Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
Enjoyable place to work with great team members. Everyone is very supportive and kind. Room for growth and always learning.
Great working environment
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC7 September 2015
Positive corporate culture. Friendly people and a great working together for a good cause
Pros
Some opportunities for advancement
Good cause to support
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2014
Good place to work lots of time off they do not pay overtime they compensate with time off and good benefits. Overall a good atmosphere if your in your mid twenties lots of social activities. Made me appreciate the fact that I am in good health I really enjoyed the human factor of the jobs. Being responsible for verifying all donations entered into the database on a daily basis and during major fundraising was the core of the position. Manage the fundraising support team, coordinate volunteers during fundraisers, mass mailings, customer service, contact person in Quebec for any problems, or inquiries about donations or the databases malfunctions, create tickets, responsible for promotional inventory, coordinate with event managing companies during major fundraising e.g. hotel reservation, seating arrangement and so on. Lots of information and things to learn in a small amount of time. Good place to work when you graduate and need to gain experience in a non-profit. Very big turnover among employees.
Pros
Good cause and good place to work when you just graduate and want to gain experience in a non-profit
Cons
no enough time to learn the job in the probation time, unstructural training so very hard to learn the position, some managers have no people managing skills, very poor computerized system, so much time waisted verifing is information transfers from one database to the next, way too many meetings for no reason
Systematic work schedule with an excellent view
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
1. Entering data of multiple donations and donor information was a typical day.
2. I learned that accuracy is everything,
3. Management staff were supremely skilled at making sure that the work of the data entry clerks were accurate and that the environment remained friendly.
4. Co-workers were enthusiastic and sincere.
5. Hardest part of the job was staying enabled.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply working down-town.
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
Repetitive work