Multimatic

Multimatic Employee Reviews

Salesman/ manager sold myself on "exciting opportunity " to manufacture the GT with a "highly skilled team ". Was hired for a specific role that was to showcase my 25+ skills/experience."training" to work on composite vehicles was required first. Waste of a year+! No room for advancement, no raise, physically demanding workload, good benefits, poor management. GT contract almost finished. No future. Good luck.
Pros
Steady $, benefits
Cons
Long hours, monotonous, unhealthy and physical work
Great place to work, the leadership is very good and the technology next to none. Engineering knowledge is very strong and overall the environment is entrepreneurial. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to develop their career in a fast paced and highly motivational environment
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Fantastic company to work for. Lots of work and flexibility. Willing to train. I would still be there but I let my issues with family and depression screw it up. They tried to help me out for a year! Above and beyond. These are great people to work for!
Pros
Exciting work, good pay
Cons
None really
Great place to work and fake it and make easy money at first but dont kill yourself trying to impress people and move up (unless you enjoy long process of minimal progression)Go in rack the hours use the newby card, when they try to get you to do more for minimal, its time to go.At first seems nice, long term minimal progression, usage of authority to get you to work harder and accept low raises. No ability to speak or defend yourself. Short term great job long term definitely not worth it in 4 years working gained minimal skill and maybe 2 dollar increase (inflation adjustments) not actual raises. Managers take no responsibility for possibly being wrong and instead back eachother up always vs the employee rather than trying to solve and prevent issues from happening again.
Pros
Easy at first, everyone nice
Cons
Unfair and biased toxic environment.
They called me for one week training and after one week they said they will give me afternoon shift but they didn’t. They said on the last day of training that they don’t have any work. They take work from me without giving anything in return.
Dynamic suspensions has a very fast paced enviroment and at times can be stressful. The management team usually tries to relieve such stresses with Bi yearly meals and gifts with the company logo. The benefits package while working there is very affordable for the coverage you get. There is no RRSP package, nor is there paid sick days. Overtime is always available and turning down overtime can be detrimental to your desired jobs within the plant
Pros
Free clothing/merchandise, Excellent benefits
Cons
Standard 8 hour shifts with no paid lunch(one 10m break and a 20m), implied Manadtory Overtime
Did not even get a chance to work at the company. I had an interview scheduled but unfortunately had a death in the family and was unable to make it but notified them plenty of time in advance, asking for a possible reschedule of the interview. It’s been a week since and no response from the lady I was emailing constantly, not even condolences. Shows a lot about the people working for this company. I definitely do not reccomend.
The environment is friendly and orderly. It has good management. Colleagues were all kind and compassionate, but to be hired by this company, we must first work in the night shift, which is very difficult.
When economy is good, there is a lot of overtime. The team in the Tool room are a bunch of great folks. Supervisor team is a good bunch. good luck with your job search.
Its always. Better option to live or rent in near your work place. I chose to live around young Nd Finch area.. 20m away from multimatic.. but no matter what you end up stuck in traffic for 1 hour easy.. thats the only bad exp i have for my whole day. Workwise the company is good but very strict on being late which i often used to be due to traffic
I worked at this place for 4 years and it's one of the worse if not the worse place u can work at the pay u less than nothing their turn around is like every week for hire cause people leave their after finding out what they really about at the 85 valley wood location some of the worse magnet they give 20 cent raise who can survive off that.
Company with good Benefit Plan. Work load usually is quite heavy for the workers. Now we are upgrading the Product Lines with Brand New FANUC Robots. Mostly manufacturing the Suspension for Ford F150 Pickup Truck and GMC Pickups Trucks.
Poor management, over worked and underpaid basically sums up this company. No room for any advancement, workers come and go so often it's like a revolving door, don't waste your time.
good work experience good management really clean facilities really nice co-workers open overtime if you love making sports car and a dream work this is the place you should start
Working at Warehouse one was very enjoyable, the manager there made it easy to come to work and enjoy it. She brought life and happiness to the store. There was never one complaint working with her. On a typical day you come in you check the log for the tasks that need to be completed for the day. We would get stock everyday that would get put away either that day or the next, depending on shipment size. Keeping the store clean and tidy was a big part of our daily tasks. Customers were always our number one focus, and we would always attend to them first.
Pros
good salary
Cons
This place will treat you like you are a slave. They tell you they care but they don’t you only get a ten minute break then 20 minute lunch. The night supervisor does not believe in giving a popsicle break when it’s 30 feeling 40 something. The afternoon supervisor will talk down to you like your scum. The day supervisor is nice but still will bug you to work over time even if you have something to do with family. If you do get a popsicle break you get told to be done with in five min if not the lead hands start attacking telling you to hurry up.
Pros
Maybe if anything pay and benefits
Cons
Management 100%
Everyone was very kind and helpful. I learned muchly. It was easy to ask questions. Management was great. I enjoyed the learning. I liked the area where the job was.
Great place to work at and a fun environment with a lot of diversity. Gained a lot of experience in the manufacturing industry. Most enjoyable part of the job would be working on different tasks each day.
Pros
very good benifits
Cons
work pressure
Diverse work environment with many different interesting projects available. Many of the employees are very easy going and approachable. Always engaging work to be done.
Started with high hopes, great pay, benefits, room for advancement and training. Higher management was great to talk to when interviewed. Working on the floor is different. All they want is numbers on paper... You want me to make 900 parts in my shift? Make the robot stop faulting every 10 mins. Either their knowledge of mechanical and computer engineering is flawed, or they just want to put the blame on us.. I could easily show them the problems but that's above my pay grade. I just sit back and laugh. You want this many, that many of these parts? Same situation. Understanding language is ridiculous with Lead Hands and most workers. I want quality over quantity, they want the opposite. It's literally an Asian invasion. Most guys don't care and just throw around parts to make those "numbers." Loud factory, all you see is your lead motioning with their hands when they're around your station signalling "go go go" ... When my machine is down, or I want to stop and hear what they're saying to my partner? They won't let you stop. I'd like to see them trade places for a day. Unfair breaks (one 10, one 20, no time at all to relax) Most workers are fun to joke around with but that's the only relief. Frowned upon if you refuse over time.
Pros
Money, benefits, fun people. Freezee breaks in the summer. (Couple mins to cool down), Christmas dinner, prizes, gifts.
Cons
Hard to understand anyone (90%), one 10min one 20min break. Barely any time to walk outside and sit down, They get angry if you refuse over time.
Good: - laid back atmosphere - not overly demanding timelines - growing company - Private Cdn company - financially stable - great place to learn different things as long as you have the right attitude - lot of great people to work with who for the most part, are hardworking and caring Bad: - non-management staff are unaware of management direction (long term plan) - not much opportunity for growth - the company has a lot of "long term" employees, so changing processes/opinions is difficult -
  1. Employee reviews