Mulberry Employee Reviews

Awful company to work for
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset10 May 2019
Ashamed to even be associated with this company ..animals get treated better that the people that work there .managment and supervisors and some team leaders are untrustworthy .underhanded bullies ..dont give a dam about health and saftey .free parties are just for managment to get totally plastered ..and abuse staff members then publically say sorry over factory tannoy ..turn blind eye to everything as long as the bags get produced ..quality is none existant mistakes get covered up ..this is usually done with a felt tip .fake stitches .polish and various other items.people who are trustworthy .honest.loyal take pride in there work.good timekeepers and who only want the best for the company are regularly dissmissed sacked disclipined bullied ..people who are consistantly on weekly basis .abuse the rules get promotion .pay rises..favouruitism is rife ..nobody is fairly treated ..its disgracful ..managment should be sacked and a new managment team found ..
Pros
Cons
Factory managment is shamful
Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England9 May 2019
Management is terrible. Bullied out of my job & complained to HR several times with complaints and had no response. This is an extremely bad company to work for. I would highly recommend to NOT do it
Very bad communication
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 April 2019
Don't work here if you actually want to be acknowledged by your managers. And don't work here if you want to the help you or to even see them.
Was very excited to work with such an "amazing" company.
But the moment I started I hated the job. It was also in a concession; so I imagine working in a store is better.
However the huge lack of communication is something I just could not stand.
Very, very disappointing.
Pay isn't very good, nor are the chances for holiday.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not a professional company
Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 April 2019
If I could give this company a 0 star I would
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England16 April 2019
I have never experienced such an awful working environment, I am embarrassed to say I ever worked for such an unprofessional and too faced management. Since leaving work I have suffered with mental health struggles due to the stress and bullying i experienced. Would suggest to anyone thinking of applying to this company to seriously second guess their decision as I can guarantee you will regret it. Unbelievably grateful to be out of such a toxic working environment and so happy I have seen the back of it.
Fun for retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2019
Working as a sales associate was was pretty fun at Mulberry. The team were friendly and the work is very simple as long as you give it a chance. The pay gets better the longer you have been with the company. Amazing discount and further discount on sample sales which happen often. For someone who wants retail experience in a calm environment this is the perfect company.
Pros
good discount, friendly team
Cons
cut down of breaks
A company who ought to be world class
Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater13 March 2019
When a new person joins the team, the company ought to provide proper training for the craft. The trainers seem to have been given the job purely on the length of time they have been with the company, rather than how skilled, knowledgeable and communicative they are. A new person is left to their own devices in order to practice for days on end, not proper hands on training with tips and confidence building.

The management, in turning a blind eye to bullying, is actually promoting the behaviour and it is now part of the culture.. A manager actually argued with me that what I endured and witnessed wasn't bullying. Persistent intimidation is bullying! There is a huge devide between management and the craftspeople. Management don't seem to understand what actually happens on the factory floor and in what order it takes to create a luxury bag.

One of the plus sides of working in the factory is that people come from all walks of life. This could be better utilised. People are not treated with respect. Ideas and observations are ignored by management. Craftspeople have come up with easier and quicker ways to produce the bags properly but management willfully won't listen. Some of the ways that issues are rectified undermines the fact that what is being created is a luxury item.

When there is a problem during production there isn't a manual or anything to refer to whatsoever to rectify the issue. There is little understanding of diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention.You would have thought a company as old as the 1970s, would have learnt lessons from past issues.
  more... Instead production stops whilst management flap their arms and panic.I witnessed production come to a standstill for 5 days because they could not find where the problem stemmed from.
I was also disgusted to find that there aren't more stringent rules on health and safety to do with hand washing. People will sneeze into their hands without washing them, using tissues or antibac. Therefore causing sick days. The Bradford Factor points system is used to deal with sick days. Which could mean that a person is penalised for picking up a virus. It would be better for management to deal with absenteeism on a one to one basis. A supervisor with a team of thirty people should be able to get to know the individual. Again this system provides a way out for not managing properly.

The work can be repetitive but every so often you get to work on a new bag, using new skills. This can inject a positive energy and buzz into the team. However it could also mean that you have to do a job that you are not particularly skilled in.You might even find that you have been moved to a different line altogether. People have left for this very reason.

There is a prevailing uneasy atmosphere that you can lose your job at any moment, no matter how well you have performed over the years, how many targets you have met, how skilled you are, how punctual and how respectful. The factory floor has endured huge culls and people still feel that their position with the company is a fragile one.

There is a huge focus on the Summer and Christmas parties. The money that is spent on these should go into wages instead. Particularly as the people that work in the factory socialise a lot together anyway.
Pros
Working with a large team
Cons
Extremely poor management for a company that deserves better
Horrible place to work. Awful Management.
Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset5 March 2019
Honestly avoid this place. The majority of people who work alongside you are an absolute disgrace. Bullying is a daily occurrence, and the management don't have a clue what they are doing. No career progression whatsoever and the rate of pay is very poor. Luckily i left for a superior company who value their staff and treat them very well. Whoever recommends this company as a good place to work are as deluded as the management.
Pros
Cons
Awful Management. Horrible Staff. Filthy working conditions. No progression. Poor pay.
Low payed factory work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset15 February 2019
Sooooo much potential but ended up being a dead end factory job. Turn up every day and do same thing all day. Ask to do something different and they say we'll see.
Pros
Day working with half day friday. Cheap Handbags {faulty}. Free Fruit. Not a lot else.
Cons
Manageress spies on people in full view of everybody else, Constant nick picking, Morale is low, Low pay, Favour family workers over individuals, Relations of management get away with murder
Good hours and fun family like setting
Craftsperson (Current Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset30 January 2019
- Good friendly staff
- Reliable hours and pay
- Pension scheme available
- Change in roles throughout time in company
- Staff are more like family than co-workers
Terrible place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  January30 December 2018
Not the best place to work underpaid , management poor , not supportive and treated badly and not given support or progress ,
Very bad team management as not treated as a valued member of staff but treated as just a number
Pros
Cons
Long hours minimum wage
Great discount, poor management
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  York Outlet28 December 2018
The area manager doesn't seem to listen to a word that anyone has to say, we were often sent poor stock and expected to sell it like someone would in a full price store. Discounts are good, but the pay is so poor that you struggle to afford to buy anything! Commission rarely reached more than £150 a month for the majority of the year, and the store was extremely quiet from Jan-July.
It was clear there was no progression within the company, and they'll happily stab you in the back if it means they can have a new face in store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
poor pay, awful management, poor stock, long days
Overall, good!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Greater London10 October 2018
Mulberry is a great overall company, either for a student wanting to make some money over the weekends or someone looking for a career in the luxury industry.
During the time I was there I really got to do everything, from working in some of the busiest stores such as Victoria to the more quiet ones, for example, Richmond and even Sample Sales which are the busiest days of the year for Mulberry.
There can be a lot of work, but the good thing is people support each other in the same or other stores. Management will have your back.
I got raised twice in the time I was there (even though I was part-time) and even offered a manager position. If you put in the work the company will see and show their appreciation. Sometimes you can't choose the people you work with so keep it professional is my best advice.
Sample Sales are exhausting but again the company will offer you breakfast, sweets, crisps and water and let you take extra breaks if you're respectful of their time.
You get commission and discount on their products, as well as, random incentives and a uniform.
That said after you say you are leaving things can get cold pretty fast.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cold leaving treatment
Extremely fun workplace
Kitchen Porter, Bartender, Glass Collector (Current Employee) –  Farnham31 July 2018
The best part of the job is the fact that everyone has a laugh whilst working, a boring shift is quite rare in the Mulberry. I have learned a lot in the time I have been working at the Mulberry.
Pros
Free food over 9 hours
admin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 July 2018
Working at Mulberry for the short time I did was a great experience. The work place is casual and relaxed as well as efficiently run and my colleagues were excellent.
chilcompton
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset17 June 2018
if your ever offered a job at Mulberry think twice, management are the worsed i have ever worked with they are so full of themselves they give no support to staff and show no compassion when you have a problem. i gave a 100% every day i worked for them and ended up being treated so badly by them , i was signed off work for depression. thankly i have found another job where staff are treated well , and i can forget about the job that ment so much to me but was destroyed by awful management.
Pros
Cons
bad management
Great Company
Sales Advisor for a luxury British brand (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire24 May 2018
Training is a key aspect, this is fun and allows you to meet further colleagues based in different stores and with different job roles.
Staff are always friendly and approachable and the company is very understanding.
friendly workplace
Craft Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset1 May 2018
A typical day at work consists of completing work to high standard and working towards completing a daily target. If the daily target is hit then you are able to achieve bonus.
Pros
Dicscount
Great training and understanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 March 2018
I leant a great deal whilst with this company as they offered a great amount of support from both H/O and management.
A company that understand their staff and work life balance.
Mulberry Chilcompton
Stitcher (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset28 January 2018
This factory was one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management was awful. The employees there go out of there way to make you feel uncomfortable in your work environment.
Pros
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mulberry. Our community is ready to answer.