Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews

It was fun working there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
For the very first I started working in kitchen, after that joined serving staff. Management was good and work schedule was appreciable too. I loved working there but had to leave because of work schedule.
Pros
Free Lunches
Seemed fun and interesting
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer19 May 2018
Had an interview 3 days later started training and 4 shifts total and then nothing since. Supervisor always blamed another employee and told me to ask him, when that employee had no managerial experience.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
Too many staff
Very productive and efficient team
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 May 2018
Direct management (GM and others) were great, but the owner of the specific location was often a nuisance. Interrupted on-line preparation and berated employees while on the job.
Pros
Discount and friendly coworkers
Cons
Owner
stressful environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
I think that the only reason why i stayed at Mucho for the time that i did was because of my my coworkers. The job environment was so stressful, the customers were hard to deal with. The amount of work we had to do was not worth the pay.
nice work place and staff also good environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
A work placement provides the opportunity to develop key employability skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, communication and time management that graduate recruiters look for.the best part is solving the customers problem and help with them.
Pros
free lunches
Learned a lot there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2018
A day at work was not very busy as the store was very busy. But I learned many things like communicating to different people, handling many customers at once and always be calm.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
If
Enjoyable working place
Food Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2018
The Mucho burrito is a Mexican grill. I am working here from last 2 years.I love to work here because it improved my communication skill and many other things.
Can be a fun work environment
Head Supervisor - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 April 2018
I did enjoy my time working at mucho burrito however I did not find the scheduling very well done and they need to have a larger staff. Head Office can be very annoying as well.
Pros
friendly owners
Cons
unpredictable schedule
It was okay.
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 April 2018
I liked the job very much, it just had a poor manager who had little respect for the employers with distasteful jokes towards them. As well as insensitivity to confidentiality regarding it's workers.
Pros
Great job, easy to learn and fun.
Cons
poor management at the one i worked at
Productive but very strict work place.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ontario12 March 2018
Mucho Burrito was an overall good first job experience. The management was extremely strict and did not encourage employees to engage or interact with each other. I learned important customer experience skills from this job. This job put on a great face for the public but the behind the scenes supervision and management could use some work.
Pros
Interaction with customers, 50% off small burritos
Cons
Not aloud to talk with other employees on the job
Fast pace and enjoyable
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON2 March 2018
You are always on your feet

Great group of co-workers

Decent management

Flexible hours which work well with school

There is always something to do
Great Workplace, Friendly Staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 March 2018
Mucho Burrito is an amazing environment with a staff that looks to make every visit special to each and every guest that comes through the door. Every guest receives fresh food made by the staff every day.
Pros
Healthy work environment
Bad experience in general
Burrito Meastro (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK13 February 2018
The typical day at work during summer is quite busy. There is a lot of dish washing involved working here which is really tiring and unfair. During winter, it gets really slow but less job to do. The work seemed good at first but as time went by it got awful. Management listen at first but ignores complains and suggestions right after. The owner itself does not care for his employees or simply does not care enough. Workplace and co-workers seem okay but lack hard work for the amount of tasks being demanded by our boss. Hardest part of the job is meeting the impossible demands by the management or the owner himself. Getting paid on time does not happen in our location. Despite all the bad things about this company, the most enjoyable thing is witnessing guests enjoy their experience from their food and through our service.
Pros
Cons
Too much dishwashing
Productive work but No benefits and low salary as well as no pay increase with promotions
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB9 February 2018
Mucho Burrito is a very nice place to work, however, they don't give good pay and no benefits. Promotions do not come with pay increase or any increase of anything and they expect a lot more work out of you. Very displeased
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No benefits
fun to work, fun to cook, great job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
is a good place to work, whether working grill or counter it was always fun the management was great always thriving to make the workplace better and make it better for customers aswell
productive workplace, fun and positive environment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 January 2018
Amazing staff, supervisors, and managers. everyone is so friendly and willing to help you anytime. Great learning opportunities and the Manager is amazingly friendly and is there to help and understanding. you learn how to do almost everything from greeting costumers, making the food, and eventually through time learning to cash them out. All made from fresh ingredients.
Pros
uniforms, pays for smart serve when 18, friendly staff
Cons
still have to do dishes.
Typical Fast Food workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 December 2017
This restaurant is very fast paced and physically demanding. Its all about finding routine and learning the ins and outs of the restaurant. Customer service and satisfaction is always number one. I have learned many things in this restaurant and there are only a few things I have not learned. Earning the rank of supervisor, I am basically only one rank away from manager. Currently the job has no management other than supervisors and the owners. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand and some of the stresses as a supervisor. The most enjoyable part is the new challenges you will come to every day and the people you work with. I love my coworkers and being able to get the job done and be serious at the same time as you can enjoy your team players company in the back.
Fast paced
Supervisor and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 December 2017
Good place to work, flexible with hours and great for part time workers, can be late hours so be cautious of that, overall not a very bad place to work.
It was a great place to work.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 November 2017
It was easy working at Mucho Burrito. The team is easy to get along, and great staff. It can get busy, so we have to know what we are doing. Overall, time flies at Mucho Burrito.
Pros
Great and friendly staff.
Cons
Can get very busy.
Busy and fast paced
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2017
A typical shift consisted of coming in and getting things prepped for opening and lunch rush. Staff were okay to work with and there was always something to do.
Pros
Always kept busy
Cons
Wages