Mucho Burrito Employee Reviews

fun place to work
kittchen back (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 April 2019
not a bad place to work sometimes can get busy but at the end of the day not a bad job love it and wouldnt mind doing this kind of job in the near future
Nice to work at.
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC14 March 2019
Managers were kind; coworkers were friendly; overall pleasant job. We got a 50% discount on food on days we worked, and a 25% discount on any other day.
Decent place to work, some employees were kinda bad.
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan, SK23 February 2019
Overall the management was sub-par and the other employees were half decent to say the least. The customer service was quite excellent, and the discounts were a nice bonus.
Pretty chill place to work
Burrito Maestro (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 January 2019
If you can get through the couple of first weeks the job becomes chill. Your times are never really set and can change due to busyness. Staff are chill.
Great people horrible manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 January 2019
it was good at first however the boss is one of the most inconsiderate and disrespectful people i have ever met. he did not care about employee safety and lacked basic compassion. he will make u come in to work even if there was an extreme family emergency, and would lie a lot and make up fake excuses to get you to come in. he was extremely fake towards the customers and treated the employees badly, but was nice at first. the working environment was nice when he was not there, but the store itself was filthy. some people there are innapropriate as well, and so is the boss towards other females. all in all i would never recommend someone to work at this location.
Pros
work environment
Cons
manager
good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
good owners. 8 hours working days. Easy to take day off if you need. Friendly people, staff meal discount. Owners caring about their employees. Always try to keep everyone happy
Fast Pace
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON25 November 2018
Rarely get time to take a breath. Very upbeat environment and can be very stressful if its your first job in the food industry. I enjoyed learning new skills with food and customers while meeting fun staff.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Stressful and fast pace environment
Productive and insightful into the world of work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2018
Working at Mucho Burrito was a great experience. There was a lot of learning involved and it was easy to handle the work of being a cashier, cook and dishwasher. The enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff and growing as an employee.
Horrible place to work
Burrito maestro (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 October 2018
Owner broufht in new management could not be any worse at their job. Constantly being destructive towards employees on how closing was. Hives schedules out weekly. Makes it difficult to have a life outside of work
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Bad management
Bad management, little hours, slow days. Would not recommend.
Burrito Maestro (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2018
I really wanted to like working here, but the workplace itself was terrible. The manager always made comments on women who walked by, sat on the work counters, ate food from the prep table, played on his phone and watched videos while we needed help. I came into work on various occasions and the manager was sitting on top of the prep counters, where we make food in the back, with his shoes off, feet on the counter and watching videos on his phone. I cut them some slack in the beginning because it was a new store but it got to the point where it was intolerable. While we were helping customers, workers were rudely interrupted by "higher up" workers (ie. the manager, manager's friends, and family) who made us stop what we were doing with the customer in order for us to make them their food - which they always gave away and took for free. They fired multiple people who were there since the beginning so that they could hired their friends and family. There were also many instances where sexist/sexual comments were made, and when we made complaints, nobody listened to us. The work itself was easy, but due to the quality of the food and the price point - the store is never busy so there is a lot of sitting around and a LOT of workers got sent home way before their shifts were done. I was promised full-time hours upon being hired and ended up getting 3 to 12 hours a week at max. I would not recommend working here if you need consistent hours, even if part-time. I would not recommend this work-place in general. Under different management, I feel like this work-place could be better  more... but as of now, I wouldn't bother.  less
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management, slow work, poor work conditions and little hours.
Challenging but rewarding
President/Franchise owner (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 October 2018
Owning this business has given me a vast amount of experience in many different areas. It taught me to be accountable for myself and the ability to teach others
Decent Job
Cashier/ Sever (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2018
Did not really get any benefits, since i was working part time. I also don't get any tips. Management was terrible since always understaffed. Co workers were fun to work with
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Understaffed
Very nice boss
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 August 2018
The boss at Mucho Burrito Whitby was very nice. I got extra shifts and he helped me be not stressed at work. I also had very friendly co-workers who helped me preform my job more faster by bringing the dishes to me in the back to wash instead of me going all the way to the front to get them.
Pros
Discount on food and drinks
summary
Food prep/ Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2018
hours are terrible, pay is below average - not enough tips to make up for it. tips are counted by the amount of hours you work leading the manager to collect in tips
everyone was fun to work with until we got our tips stolen from our boss
Responsabilit√© Principale (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC30 July 2018
Work environment with the coworkers was very fun.
The only thing that was a sucked is the boss never allowed us to have fun.
Boss never allowed us to split tips, he did it and he scammed us on our tips. We would only get less then 10$ when we made more than that in tips.
Pros
only 50% on small burritos and 1 can drink
Cons
Rip off on everything. Made all of us girls do a lot of the cleaning we shouldn't have done.
Enjoyable job, poor management
General worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 July 2018
I really enjoyed working at Mucho Burrito and I was proud of the food we served. My issues were with the poor management. At the location I worked at in Guelph, the manager was a male who was not good with managing and respecting the employees. This lead to me and majority of the staff to quit. (They have a VERY high turnover rate).
Pros
employee discount, fun work, busy
Cons
Leaving up to an hour and a half after closing, poor management
It's ok
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 June 2018
Not enough hours
Management not good
Pays poorly
Decent part time job, not full time
Don't provide appropriate training
Decent job overall, specially if you are a student.
It was fun working there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
For the very first I started working in kitchen, after that joined serving staff. Management was good and work schedule was appreciable too. I loved working there but had to leave because of work schedule.
Pros
Free Lunches
Seemed fun and interesting
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer19 May 2018
Had an interview 3 days later started training and 4 shifts total and then nothing since. Supervisor always blamed another employee and told me to ask him, when that employee had no managerial experience.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
Too many staff
Very productive and efficient team
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 May 2018
Direct management (GM and others) were great, but the owner of the specific location was often a nuisance. Interrupted on-line preparation and berated employees while on the job.
Pros
Discount and friendly coworkers
Cons
Owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mucho Burrito. Our community is ready to answer.