MTE Logistix

MTE Logistix Management reviews

Canada48 reviews
During busy season they have the right to demand overtime in accordance to their union agreement?!?!
Everyone is hired P/T so no benefits, & the opportunity for F/T is slim.

During slow periods, generally only work 4 hour days.

Staff are generally treated like garbage & Sr.
management will not accept responsibility for their errors
Pros
Ok wages
Cons
Staff treated very badly. No work - life balance.
Started good on the first month, lots of overtime, people don't bother you while you work. Pay was pretty low for a warehouse job, but the work is easy so I don't mind.

The next months are horrible! Sometimes you only work for a few hours a day. The worst part are your co-workers, lot's of immature people. It's a warehouse job so I'd expect that but my God! The level of immaturity and the lack of values of some people! They have no values from their parent culture nor Canadian values, harassing us like dogs barking on wolves. It's not a Canadian value to be insensitive and disrespectful towards another ethnicity or culture. It's not a Canadian thing to harass other people. They grew up here, I was hoping they at least have some Canadian values. They have no idea what we 0 gen immigrants had been through, the things we've done, and how volatile our current state is. And when we snap, all of us, including Canadian born/raised immigrants will have their image stained.

Also the multi-culturalism isn't working because the management don't care about their policies. One culture encourages teasing each other and it's not sitting well on most who prefer keeping to themselves. Another culture likes to pull down others above them, or step on others below them. They get offended if you are more educated/stronger/trained and interpret it as arrogance, and they would insult/belittle you if they think they are better than you. People need to tone down what they consider as "normal". But the worst part is the management not doing anything about it, it is happening in front of them
 - more...
Pros
easy work, easy money
Cons
management doesn't care, immature people, cultural insensitivity, harassment not being taken seriously, policies not being enforced, blind-deaf-mute coworkers, union fee, useless union, too many to mention.
15 September 2020
Although concerning, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for bringing your concerns to our attention. MTE in no way condones harassment in any of our workplaces. Disrespect or discrimination of any kind is simply not to be tolerated. We have escalated your feedback to our highest levels of management for review and serious consideration regarding the enforcement of our internal policies moving forward. We sincerely apologize for any negative experiences you encountered during your time here and wish you all the best in the future.
Be prepared hired as part-time not guaranteed your hrs even when you're full-time. When you start have to pay $150 union dues and when you don't have enough hrs still have to pay union dues. Have benefits when full-time pay $40 a month insurance. Bad management and lots of backstabbing employees. Toxic Never worked a 40 hrs always being cheated on hrs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough earnings
15 September 2020
Thanks for leaving your thoughts; we’re sorry to hear you experienced some frustrations. As a unionized workplace our employees do pay union dues; however, these rates are set by the union and are not something we have the ability to change.

While we make every effort to align our staffing levels with our anticipated work volume, there will always be some fluctuation in these requirements, and we recognize that unpredictable schedules can be frustrating. Happily, with our diverse range of clients, we have been in the fortunate position of recruiting in recent months and have not seen any long-lasting reductions in hours.
Coworkers were great and made coming to work much more tolerable. Some of the supervisors were intolerable nightmares. Denying breaks, demanding mandatory OT an hour before shift end.. didnt matter what you had going on after. The pay was meh. Lack of training but reprimandeds when u didnt know how to do something.
Pros
Ya no.. cant think of any
Cons
Working for MTE
2 July 2020
Thank you for the honest feedback; we're sorry to hear that your experience working for us wasn't as you had hoped.

Our seasonal requirements for overtime are outlined under our collective bargaining agreement and clearly communicated during the hiring process for this very reason; however, we understand that short notice for required overtime can be frustrating to anticipate and plan around.

We do appreciate you sharing your concerns on the matters of breaks and training. We have relayed this feedback to our leadership team, and are working to develop continual improvement processes to keep making MTE a great place to work.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with the people at MTE. Our fantastic team that has been working incredibly hard and providing outstanding service over these past few difficult months and we’re so appreciative of all their efforts.
It Union but management does not cares, they will lie and mislead you to benafit them and the company. Watch your own back because most people there only care about themselves.
The lazy and the unfriendly get away with doing whatever they want and get special treatments, this means they never get in trouble no matter how bad of a thing they did. The hardworking get treated like trash, I would say try not to make mistakes but with little to no training on how

to deal with all of their paperwork from all the different companies they deal with good luck.

If you don't know or care what you are doing and you can become one of the lazy or unfriendly ones this is the job for you, if you are a hard worker and want to be treated like you don't matter this is the job for you also enjoy being thrown under the bus by the lazy unfriendly ones.
10 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback; we are sorry to hear that experience fell short of expectation. Typically, MTE’s workplaces are characterized by engaged and high performing teams and we appreciate you providing your thoughts. Such perspectives serve to remind us to be constantly monitoring and improving and challenges us to recommit to the ongoing process of cultivating a positive work environment that is respectful and inclusive for all.
Here is the most recent “ask” from management (happened on 02/05/20), “please try to schedule doctor and dentist appointments on your vacation time”. That should say it all but nope this is just a sample of what you can expect. Company is so toxic and really bad management. Not worth your time. Mandatory overtime, change your hours and too bad for you if you’ve got kids. They will fire you for going to the hospital to have stitches for cutting your hand. It’s not worth your sanity and the hey don’t deserve you.
11 March 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We revised some of our company policies recently, but it sounds like we could do a better job of explaining those changes to our teams. Thanks for letting us know. Our operations leaders are always working to identify improvement opportunities and create positive workplaces for our valued employees, and we appreciate your feedback.

One of MTE’s foundational commitments is to provide a safe work environment and we take that very seriously. We uphold, and are committed to, workers’ rights under WCB policies, and would never contravene WCB policy by terminating a worker who was hurt and went to the hospital. If you have any concerns you’d like to discuss, please connect with us at (780) 944-9009 so we can learn more about your experience.
Revolving door, union, no one listens to you, management does not care, HR does not care. They will make you steel time from their clints. All the gossip you will ever need and more. No proper training.
11 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns; we apologize that we missed the mark with your employment experience. MTE has been successful in the marketplace since 1925 because we work hard to meet our client’s business needs. Part of this involves scaling up our team roster in the spring and summer and adjusting staffing levels throughout the year to align with client demand.

This seasonality is unavoidable, but we understand that the experience can be frustrating for employees, especially if our policies and expectations weren’t communicated clearly. We will work to improve this. We would like to assure you that we are listening and that every level of management, particularly HR, cares greatly about the company culture.
Worst place to work for the turnover rate is crazy management has no time for the employees they only see what you did Wrong and not what you did right the training is a joke
Pros
Wage
Cons
Bad Management
10 June 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to make our sites great places to work for our dedicated employees, and we continue to work diligently with our leadership teams to identify areas for improvement. Our in-house training undergoes continual review and revision, and we appreciate feedback from our employees on where we can do better.
Completely unorganized. Safety rules are only enforced when they know they got someone they don't like or it's someone who has been with the company for a long time as they are weeding out the older contract because of higher pay.

They write you up for driving too fast in the parking lot with no ability to actually determine your speed. They union takes the companies side on nearly all disciplinary actions "Company has the right to do what they want" They say. So far, just the foreigners have been hit with this despite white people admitting to speeding.

Waiting in the lunch room for my ride in -30 weather and they came in and told me i couldn't wait inside.

They really pick on foreigners, specifically the ones that have a hard time with English.

This is not a job you work at for anything other then to pay the bills. Don't care about anything there.

Some old time employees are alright, the others will go to management about you for anything and everything to look special to management only to still be treated like garbage them selves.

Part timers get kicked out at the drop of a hat when it's "slow" and laid off every January/February
Pros
They pay you ever 2 weeks
Cons
You will hate life if you rely on this job.
11 March 2020
MTE takes the suggestion of discrimination very seriously. We have absolutely no tolerance for discrimination of any kind within our organization, and we are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive work environment to our very diverse employee group. If you’re open to discussing this further, please call us at (780) 944-9009 and ask to speak with our HR manager. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your concerns.
It is a slack warehouse. Very unorganized. Not enough space. Cheep. refuse to update system. Bad moral within employees. Hire people with no skill, and get the ones who do, do the work. struggle to get a machine. Rushing to get orders done because the people are not bright.
Pros
no standards. old school .
Cons
work with dumb people
10 June 2020
Thanks for providing your perspective; we appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts. MTE is one of the largest 3PL providers in Western Canada, and as such, we one of the largest training providers for Albertans starting out in the warehousing and distribution industry. Our company invests heavily in the training and development of new employees and we are proud of the people we employ. MTE takes great pride in offering a world-class training ground where employees can develop their skillsets and we stand by our teams. We're sorry to hear it wasn't a good fit for you and wish you all the best in the future.
I worked for this place in 2017 and I got hurt at work and not even a week till I was at my thread months they let me go! The manager is a punk such a awful experience real nice to just let someone go because of a injury I hope karma comes back to you people you had really put me in a awful situation and I worked my butt off and this is how you treat people? Look elsewhere
28 August 2019
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We’re sorry to hear you felt the experience was negative; however, we would like to take this opportunity to respond your comments. MTE Logistix offers a three-month probationary period during which time 30, 60, and 90 day employee performance reviews are conducted. Employees that are not achieving the company standards set by our organization are not retained for continuing employment. MTE does not condone the termination of employees due to injury under any circumstance.
Management pays lip service to improving job culture and safety, but falls short in favour of productivity every time. This company's only interest is the bottom line. They use and burn out employees with no regard for the people that work for them.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Long hours when busy, Sent home at the drop of a hat when slow, No respect for personal life outside of work, Outdated business practices and technology, Poor quality material handling equipment
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re surprised to hear you felt our material handling equipment is poor, as we have very updated equipment in all of our facilities and an in-house team of Heavy Equipment Techs that operate a rigorous preventative maintenance program to ensure our equipment always operates at peak performance.

We recognize that the position is demanding and that shift adjustments can be difficult to anticipate and plan around. We value the exceptional work that our people do very highly, and in return, we offer one of the highest starting rates of pay in the market for our warehouse operators, in addition to providing extensive on-the-job training.
MTE is a very well organized company with tons of potential. Employees are typically long term warehouse operators with a lot of experience and who work hard to deliver value to the company and a good service to the clients.

The company has been around a long time and is number 1 in Edmonton for warehousing If you work hard and show the right attitude you can progress as far you want to. Most foreman were ex operators, so the company likes to recruit from within if you are willing to make the effort. A very faced paced environment with lots of work.

I have worked here for three months and had an exceptional time here. Great people, very open to improving process and continually improving things.

Remember if you start as an operator you have to put you’re time in, nothing in life is handed to you for free.
Work hard and you will be recognized by management.

Thanks for the time at MTE great memories!!!
Pros
Regular hours and some great people
8 July 2019
Thanks for the time to leave a comment; we appreciate the positive feedback!
Most of the day is spent on sit-down and standup forklifts, completing whichever task the dispatcher had assigned, wether unloading or loading trucks, picking orders or putting away stock.

Upper Management is very reactive, tending to disregard supervisor and lead hand input with a "I know it all" attitude.

Spoke about safety but witnessed unsafe practices frequently.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Management thinks they know everything but they are the biggest mistake the owner made. They treat you like a number. All they care about is themselves. They dont care about their empoyees, i knew an employee that was denied a week off to get married, another employee was denied time off because her step mom passed, that was their excuse that it was not their mom haha management is a joke at this place and even worse, the people on top are even worse than the management for letting all this happen. I dont know if the owner knows that he has got jokers running his business, i have heard good things about the owner and i hope he looks into those idiots and gets rid of them because many of the employees working there dont give their best to the company because of how they are treated. Tip to owner GET THESE JOKERS OUT OF YOUR COMPANY, THEY ARE RUINING YOUR BUSINESS.
I want people to understand that I am a hard worker, and never have much to complain about when I have officially left a job. This job was different for me.
-Management was the worst I have ever experienced. I had to wait 2 hours for product to come to the pick line before.
-A few managers in particular (who have been working for 10+ years and probably won't be leaving soon) tended to "police" rules like wearing gloves, over more important issues.

-No benefits, very difficult to reach a full-time position. Friend of ours jus reached FT after 2 years, and being laid off.

-If the shift you were hired on disappears, they will lay you off and re-offer you a job with a different schedule.

-Made it difficult to apply for EI (Employment Insurance).

-They really treat their warehouse employee's terribly. I have worked for 3 warehouses, and this is the only one I can say is actually unsafe.

Example: Someone was knocked out on shift, and didn't remember what happened. First Aid then moved him before trying to help.

Overall my experience was bad. Pay was alright and plenty of chances to leave early which was nice. If it rains there will be water all over the warehouse. They are unionized and have a lot of old employees that aren't the best.

Sorry for the Essay. Really don't want anyone to be jerked around the way I was. I was just an Order Picker and always hit targets.
Pros
Opportunity to leave early
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked, bad management, unsafe, unsafe, and very unsafe.
very fast paced warehouse, high standards and union. working with union staff not being in the union can be a tough time, need to learn your union rules to make your work experience a good one.
the owner is an amazing man very thoughtful but at the same time expects productivity and a very clean wareshouse

hardest part working with the old time union boys and girls
Company does not practice what they teach, If management does not like you personally they will run you off. Instead of training there people they are quick to fire and rehire. High employee turnaround.
This company focuses on one thing only profit. They will cut programs medical wages whatever they feel like doing when ever they feel too they have no tolerance for a learning curve and fire people as soon as they mess up even though they havent been trained the CEO is a stick in the Mud emotionless
Cons
The warehouses are poorly run, unsafe racking not bolted down and even dangerous incidents have occurred in warehouses and management has still not changed anything because the focus on productivity and profit is too great. Management puts stress on zero incidents but "incidents" are classified as shipping incorrect product , being late, and employees missing days etc... Employees are stressed out and worried about their jobs on a daily basis as employees are giving no unpaid time off for sick time or medical emergencies. If an unpaid day off is taken, employees are suspended without pay for their absences.
Co-workers are mostly nice and good to work with but the culture of this company encourages employees to backstab and sell each other out to advance within the company or look good to management because of the unrealistic expectations that management has set in terms of productivity and daily tasks.
Pros
Pay is alright
Cons
You may not have a job tomorrow
A list of MTE Logistix's priorities in order:
1. Above all else - productivity

Management giving employees grief over what they deem to be low productivity
3. Gossiping, yes gossiping about co-workers. Even on other shifts
4. And finally, safety

The supervisor on my shift has two golden boy employees that were told information that was none of their business. It happened constantly and seemed to be acceptable and normal to everyone else.

The pay and benefits are good but it's amazing how much turnover there is. It's definitely not a great job. There is a LOT of heavy lifting and when OT is needed, it's mandatory.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
lack of safety, gossiping staff, very long hours when OT is needed