MTE Logistix

MTE Logistix Employee Reviews

There needs to be more work to keep me busy. I was hired as full time and I do not get full time hours. I would like to have a full time job. I enjoy the work, just not enough to keep me working full time.
15 September 2020
Thanks for the feedback! We’re really happy to hear that you are enjoying the work and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. As you may know, our motto here at MTE is Flexible Client Solutions, and it’s this flexibility that enables us to provide dynamic, responsive service to our clients. This also requires flexibility from our teams from time to time, as we experience ebbs and flows of product volume, but we are constantly reviewing the forecasted business and making every attempt to ensure our staff are getting full hours.
Everyone here was very friendly, helpful and enjoyable to work with. Everyone available to help and support each other. I was only a Temp employee otherwise would have loved to stay on and continue within the company!
15 September 2020
Thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at MTE and we genuinely appreciate everything you contributed to the team in the time you were here.
Started good on the first month, lots of overtime, people don't bother you while you work. Pay was pretty low for a warehouse job, but the work is easy so I don't mind. The next months are horrible! Sometimes you only work for a few hours a day. The worst part are your co-workers, lot's of immature people. It's a warehouse job so I'd expect that but my God! The level of immaturity and the lack of values of some people! They have no values from their parent culture nor Canadian values, harassing us like dogs barking on wolves. It's not a Canadian value to be insensitive and disrespectful towards another ethnicity or culture. It's not a Canadian thing to harass other people. They grew up here, I was hoping they at least have some Canadian values. They have no idea what we 0 gen immigrants had been through, the things we've done, and how volatile our current state is. And when we snap, all of us, including Canadian born/raised immigrants will have their image stained. Also the multi-culturalism isn't working because the management don't care about their policies. One culture encourages teasing each other and it's not sitting well on most who prefer keeping to themselves. Another culture likes to pull down others above them, or step on others below them. They get offended if you are more educated/stronger/trained and interpret it as arrogance, and they would insult/belittle you if they think they are better than you. People need to tone down what they consider as "normal". But the worst part is the management not doing anything about it, it is happening in front of them - more...
Pros
easy work, easy money
Cons
management doesn't care, immature people, cultural insensitivity, harassment not being taken seriously, policies not being enforced, blind-deaf-mute coworkers, union fee, useless union, too many to mention.
15 September 2020
Although concerning, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for bringing your concerns to our attention. MTE in no way condones harassment in any of our workplaces. Disrespect or discrimination of any kind is simply not to be tolerated. We have escalated your feedback to our highest levels of management for review and serious consideration regarding the enforcement of our internal policies moving forward. We sincerely apologize for any negative experiences you encountered during your time here and wish you all the best in the future.
Be prepared hired as part-time not guaranteed your hrs even when you're full-time. When you start have to pay $150 union dues and when you don't have enough hrs still have to pay union dues. Have benefits when full-time pay $40 a month insurance. Bad management and lots of backstabbing employees. Toxic Never worked a 40 hrs always being cheated on hrs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough earnings
15 September 2020
Thanks for leaving your thoughts; we’re sorry to hear you experienced some frustrations. As a unionized workplace our employees do pay union dues; however, these rates are set by the union and are not something we have the ability to change. While we make every effort to align our staffing levels with our anticipated work volume, there will always be some fluctuation in these requirements, and we recognize that unpredictable schedules can be frustrating. Happily, with our diverse range of clients, we have been in the fortunate position of recruiting in recent months and have not seen any long-lasting reductions in hours.
Coworkers were great and made coming to work much more tolerable. Some of the supervisors were intolerable nightmares. Denying breaks, demanding mandatory OT an hour before shift end.. didnt matter what you had going on after. The pay was meh. Lack of training but reprimandeds when u didnt know how to do something.
Pros
Ya no.. cant think of any
Cons
Working for MTE
2 July 2020
Thank you for the honest feedback; we're sorry to hear that your experience working for us wasn't as you had hoped. Our seasonal requirements for overtime are outlined under our collective bargaining agreement and clearly communicated during the hiring process for this very reason; however, we understand that short notice for required overtime can be frustrating to anticipate and plan around. We do appreciate you sharing your concerns on the matters of breaks and training. We have relayed this feedback to our leadership team, and are working to develop continual improvement processes to keep making MTE a great place to work. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with the people at MTE. Our fantastic team that has been working incredibly hard and providing outstanding service over these past few difficult months and we’re so appreciative of all their efforts.
It Union but management does not cares, they will lie and mislead you to benafit them and the company. Watch your own back because most people there only care about themselves. The lazy and the unfriendly get away with doing whatever they want and get special treatments, this means they never get in trouble no matter how bad of a thing they did. The hardworking get treated like trash, I would say try not to make mistakes but with little to no training on how to deal with all of their paperwork from all the different companies they deal with good luck. If you don't know or care what you are doing and you can become one of the lazy or unfriendly ones this is the job for you, if you are a hard worker and want to be treated like you don't matter this is the job for you also enjoy being thrown under the bus by the lazy unfriendly ones.
10 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback; we are sorry to hear that experience fell short of expectation. Typically, MTE’s workplaces are characterized by engaged and high performing teams and we appreciate you providing your thoughts. Such perspectives serve to remind us to be constantly monitoring and improving and challenges us to recommit to the ongoing process of cultivating a positive work environment that is respectful and inclusive for all.
It Was challenging I was Operating a single pallet jack unloading and loading truck Picking orders wrapping skids And doing other household chores Like cleaning
11 March 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback; we're really happy to hear you found the position both fun and challenging. All the best in your future endeavors!
Here is the most recent “ask” from management (happened on 02/05/20), “please try to schedule doctor and dentist appointments on your vacation time”. That should say it all but nope this is just a sample of what you can expect. Company is so toxic and really bad management. Not worth your time. Mandatory overtime, change your hours and too bad for you if you’ve got kids. They will fire you for going to the hospital to have stitches for cutting your hand. It’s not worth your sanity and the hey don’t deserve you.
11 March 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We revised some of our company policies recently, but it sounds like we could do a better job of explaining those changes to our teams. Thanks for letting us know. Our operations leaders are always working to identify improvement opportunities and create positive workplaces for our valued employees, and we appreciate your feedback. One of MTE’s foundational commitments is to provide a safe work environment and we take that very seriously. We uphold, and are committed to, workers’ rights under WCB policies, and would never contravene WCB policy by terminating a worker who was hurt and went to the hospital. If you have any concerns you’d like to discuss, please connect with us at (780) 944-9009 so we can learn more about your experience.
With consistency and perseverance, MTE Logistix has been investing in people, physical infrastructure, as well as new and innovative ideas. This is how our group of companies are constantly winning the appreciation of our customers, who put their trust in us, every day.
10 June 2020
Thank you for your review; we are happy to hear of your positive experience with us.
Revolving door, union, no one listens to you, management does not care, HR does not care. They will make you steel time from their clints. All the gossip you will ever need and more. No proper training.
11 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns; we apologize that we missed the mark with your employment experience. MTE has been successful in the marketplace since 1925 because we work hard to meet our client’s business needs. Part of this involves scaling up our team roster in the spring and summer and adjusting staffing levels throughout the year to align with client demand. This seasonality is unavoidable, but we understand that the experience can be frustrating for employees, especially if our policies and expectations weren’t communicated clearly. We will work to improve this. We would like to assure you that we are listening and that every level of management, particularly HR, cares greatly about the company culture.
Worst place to work for the turnover rate is crazy management has no time for the employees they only see what you did Wrong and not what you did right the training is a joke
Pros
Wage
Cons
Bad Management
10 June 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to make our sites great places to work for our dedicated employees, and we continue to work diligently with our leadership teams to identify areas for improvement. Our in-house training undergoes continual review and revision, and we appreciate feedback from our employees on where we can do better.
Completely unorganized. Safety rules are only enforced when they know they got someone they don't like or it's someone who has been with the company for a long time as they are weeding out the older contract because of higher pay. They write you up for driving too fast in the parking lot with no ability to actually determine your speed. They union takes the companies side on nearly all disciplinary actions "Company has the right to do what they want" They say. So far, just the foreigners have been hit with this despite white people admitting to speeding. Waiting in the lunch room for my ride in -30 weather and they came in and told me i couldn't wait inside. They really pick on foreigners, specifically the ones that have a hard time with English. This is not a job you work at for anything other then to pay the bills. Don't care about anything there. Some old time employees are alright, the others will go to management about you for anything and everything to look special to management only to still be treated like garbage them selves. Part timers get kicked out at the drop of a hat when it's "slow" and laid off every January/February
Pros
They pay you ever 2 weeks
Cons
You will hate life if you rely on this job.
11 March 2020
MTE takes the suggestion of discrimination very seriously. We have absolutely no tolerance for discrimination of any kind within our organization, and we are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive work environment to our very diverse employee group. If you’re open to discussing this further, please call us at (780) 944-9009 and ask to speak with our HR manager. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your concerns.
It is a slack warehouse. Very unorganized. Not enough space. Cheep. refuse to update system. Bad moral within employees. Hire people with no skill, and get the ones who do, do the work. struggle to get a machine. Rushing to get orders done because the people are not bright.
Pros
no standards. old school .
Cons
work with dumb people
10 June 2020
Thanks for providing your perspective; we appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts. MTE is one of the largest 3PL providers in Western Canada, and as such, we one of the largest training providers for Albertans starting out in the warehousing and distribution industry. Our company invests heavily in the training and development of new employees and we are proud of the people we employ. MTE takes great pride in offering a world-class training ground where employees can develop their skillsets and we stand by our teams. We're sorry to hear it wasn't a good fit for you and wish you all the best in the future.
They need to start considering people who gives their effort and love their job over there. more recognition and salary should be appropriate with the amount of work.
11 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is such an accomplishment to have employees say they love their job; it sounds like we lost out in this case. We are in the works on developing better recognition and retention programs; we value our employees and want to show it!
I worked for this place in 2017 and I got hurt at work and not even a week till I was at my thread months they let me go! The manager is a punk such a awful experience real nice to just let someone go because of a injury I hope karma comes back to you people you had really put me in a awful situation and I worked my butt off and this is how you treat people? Look elsewhere
28 August 2019
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We’re sorry to hear you felt the experience was negative; however, we would like to take this opportunity to respond your comments. MTE Logistix offers a three-month probationary period during which time 30, 60, and 90 day employee performance reviews are conducted. Employees that are not achieving the company standards set by our organization are not retained for continuing employment. MTE does not condone the termination of employees due to injury under any circumstance.
During busy season they have the right to demand overtime in accordance to their union agreement?!?! Everyone is hired P/T so no benefits, & the opportunity for F/T is slim. During slow periods, generally only work 4 hour days. Staff are generally treated like garbage & Sr. management will not accept responsibility for their errors
Pros
Ok wages
Cons
Staff treated very badly. No work - life balance.
great co-works, arrive at work, complete tasks that were not completed on the preivouse shift. Complete tasks to help the day go by. Answer all e-mails and phone messages. Answer all e-mial, phone, or verbal requests. orginize and book all appointments and task that come along.
Pros
great co-works
Cons
lack of communication
Alright for a job, not much for a career though. Not a lot of room for advancement. Only hire part time now and a lot of them have little exp. Operating lifts so a lot of stuff gets hit and or damaged .
Pros
Steady partime hours
Cons
Cheapskate owners
11 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t feel advancement/career opportunities were available, as we take great pride in helping our employees grow and develop professionally. In fact, we are really proud to say that almost half of the leadership team at our newly built warehouse in the west end was promoted from within. That said, your feedback suggests that establishing clear avenues of career advancement for our warehouse staff would be valuable – thanks for pointing that out!
Clean warehouse, great people, but got laid off after three months. This would be great for summer time work or students Not a place to rely on work.
Pros
Beautiful warehouse
Cons
No job security
Management pays lip service to improving job culture and safety, but falls short in favour of productivity every time. This company's only interest is the bottom line. They use and burn out employees with no regard for the people that work for them.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Long hours when busy, Sent home at the drop of a hat when slow, No respect for personal life outside of work, Outdated business practices and technology, Poor quality material handling equipment
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re surprised to hear you felt our material handling equipment is poor, as we have very updated equipment in all of our facilities and an in-house team of Heavy Equipment Techs that operate a rigorous preventative maintenance program to ensure our equipment always operates at peak performance. We recognize that the position is demanding and that shift adjustments can be difficult to anticipate and plan around. We value the exceptional work that our people do very highly, and in return, we offer one of the highest starting rates of pay in the market for our warehouse operators, in addition to providing extensive on-the-job training.
I worked for MTE for three months had a great time. People were extremely friendly and very professional. Very organized place to work and great employees. Would recommend MTE for anyone wanting to learn about warehousing and 3 PL. Keep doing what you’re doing MTE!!!
Pros
Everything and Everyone there
Cons
None at all
10 June 2020
WOW, thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your time at MTE! We really appreciate your review.