MTD Products Limited

MTD Products Limited Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
fun and out going
very good company to work for. have a family focus and are willing to train and listen to employees. co workers are great and fun to be around, learn and updates skills on a regular basis.
Terrible Experience
The workplace is a chaotic mess that treats its employees poorly. Some people are good but the management is not. They micromanage daily and limit your use of vacation. Lacking in flexibility and understanding working there was a terrible experience.
Fantastic place to work!
Working at MTD is definitely a breath of fresh air. A very established company with an excellent culture that does truly feel like a family. Everyone comes to work to be successful and is supported all along the way by their managers and senior leadership at the company.

Leadership at MTD is very down to earth and works with you to help achieve your goals and ensure you are successful. They recognize that much of the company's success is driven by hard work and contributions of all the employees.
Pros
Great benefits & overall comp package
Cons
Building is a little dated, but new renovations are helping
I enjoyed helping the tenants and the building became like a family
I love dealing with the public. I have a natural repor with people and was liked very much. With both jobs i excelled in customer service and my responsibilities.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Anger people but was able to handle it with no problems
Great company, welcomes personal growth
Great company to work for, the work with their employees to expand personal growth. Team player enviroment and open to changes that will benefit the growth of the company.
a job
it was an ok place to work, i would only be in the office once every 1-2 mouths, the rest of the time i would be on the road. i had to be willing to travel half the month.
Pros
did what had to be done.
Cons
had to do it by myself.
Customer Service Clerk Temp position
A lot of knowledge and information to learn and provide customers with. Fair hours but minimum wage. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Software is older but does the job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything is constantly changing but manageable
A wonderful work environment selling great consumer products.
Professional, caring organization that still believes that the customer is still #1. Advancement through hard work and commitment. Well-managed, smart business people. Co-workers are all my friends. Hardest part of the job was travel time away when my family was young. The most enjoyable part was being part of a team that cared about you and the success of the business, equally.
Pros
Work environment and variety of daily tasks.
Cons
Fast pace of a seasonally-based business
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MTD Products Limited?
Excellent place to work
Typical day at work would find me assigning personnel to production lines. I learned how to get the most from people by using their strengths to overcome some weakness. Management was for the most part very good to work with, would listen to your idea's and offer advice. Co-workers were great to work with, would help each other out to keep the line moving.The hardest part of the job was suspending a friend for three days for breaking the rules regarding smoking in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was the look on employee's faces when I would make it a point to thank them for a job well done.
Pros
great place to work, good people, free t-shirts, jackets and free lunches.
Cons
union had strong hold over the company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTD Products Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2