MSi Corp
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

MSi Corp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Safe place to work

I'm a new hire and was nervous to work during the lock down. I was happy to see all of the safety measures put in place at MSi. Everyone must wear a mask if not at their desk, the training rooms have half the normal amount of employees. They have hand sanitizers all over the building. Once you finish training you can start to work from home if you have everything needed like space for a desk, internet hook up. They give you everything you need to get set up, computer, phone headset. Overall I'm happy with joining MSi, they are very supportive and want you to do well.

Pros

work from home

Cons

parking downtown during training

Efficient work environment with lot of productivity and engagement.

MSi Corp has 500 plus employees, and I feel that it helps employees to make many connections. MSi provides employees with a level based work starting from instructive training level to professionally handle calls and provide services to customers.

Plenty of Opportunity

MSi was my first office job, the training is excellent with several weeks of support upfront. You take a variety of different call types and need to be flexible. It's all on the phones, no back office work. You will get switched from inbound calling to outbound but all calls are existing customers. Unlimited opportunity to earn extra money if you sell additional products. The team environment is very supportive. I was set up to work from home after my training. Overall excellent experience, if you are ready for a supportive fast paced job then I would recommend you apply

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Work schedule can be a challenge

Great Training for New Hires

I cannot get over the excellent training MSI provides to its new hires. I joined in April 2020 and it was very intense. After each major training component there was an Academy Bay to ensure complete understanding. The Trainers, Resource Associates and everyone in training were very supportive of each other. I am slowly getting a handle on everything; I just talk one call at a time and do my best. Each day I learn something new. Love it here.

Part of the family

During the interview process and in training you are encouraged to work hard - strive for what you want for a career within MSi. There are numerous opportunities for advancement. I was hired in March and one of my team immediately was able to apply for another position and they got it. Their background proved they could do that particular job. I personally like being a call centre agent. I have noticed that other agents who started a year ago are already Resource Associates (Help Desk). This is very encouraging. Lots of additional Leadership training is available for individual development - just speak to your team leader who can process the request.

Great job

I have been with MSI for a few years now and really enjoy my job. It is stable and I know exactly what the job expectations are from Day 1. The training was very well done/presented. And there is always new things to learn. The trainers were knowledgeable and my team leader provides support daily - whether in the office or work from home Results are available daily on our Dashboard and I know what I exceed at and what I need to work on to improve. Coaching is done on a regular basis and it is done in a supportive manner. If I need assistance I reach out to the Help Desk. Great job and great company.

Worst place

This company is the worst place I have ever worked at in my entire life. It truly baffles me how management at this workplace treats the people that work there. You don't get noticed for the work you do, you get questioned when you call sick (which btw is illegal. Everyone has the right to be sick and feel ill EVEN IF WORKING HOME), you get victimized every second of being there for not doing the smallest thing. Please, save yourself some time and don't work here.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Absolutely everything

Great support during COVID-18

MSi has been amazing to all its employees; especially since COVID-19 hit the world. They made everyone feel safe and comfortable in a environment that was honestly scary. Immediately they made arrangements to send agents to work from home. When anyone was discovered to have COVID-19 it was immediately communicated so that all were aware. They continue to send agents home - i think we are at wave 6...which is a lot of agents. They provide us with all the necessary equipment to do the job easily - it is like we are sitting right in the office. If we want to come back to the office for a day or two we are quickly accommodated. Love my job and the MSI family.

You work hard and reap the benefits

I joined MSI in 2018 and have enjoyed it immensely. There are daily hypes, weekly hypes and monthly hypes. You are expected to assist the customers when they call in and if an opportunity is there upsell them products to meet their needs. Extra incentives are based on the products you sell (residential). I enjoy my job here and would recommend it to my friends. Training is long but worth every moments in class - the trainers are supportive and give you extra coaching as required. Great Leadership team.

Worst job I've had

I have worked in several call centers during my career. This was by far one of the worst. Toxic work environment, high stress and underpaid. You will be dealing with unsatisfied customers almost every call. Once I worked in other call centers I realized this one by far had the most negative amount of calls. Also if you are good in tech and 'lucky' enough to work in other departments you also get to deal with techs. Some are nice, but a lot of them are extremely rude and impatient, especially the french ones from QC. Typical office work environment where everyone is two faced, some members of management will micromanage to the point it gets unbearable. Overall the job was not worth the everyday stress especially only for 15/ hour . Apply elsewhere, thank me later.

Pros

occasional free food

Cons

toxic work environment, gossip, poor management, underpayed, high stress, low reward, unhappy customers

I've learned so much!

I've never worked in a call centre before, so this was a real change for me. I really like how supported I am by the team lead and the assistants (RA). it's pretty quiet in the office now because almost everyone is working from home, and I am waiting for the next bunch as I am on the list. Not bad for only being here a few months. My leader is really patient, understanding, and she is very helpful. Any problems, I reach out to her. If she's not here, there are always other leaders I can go to for help, or her manager who is also really great. They are setting up zoom activities too - like a virtual paint night, so I'm super excited, and they delivered lunch to our houses last week.

Pros

team environment

Cons

quiet

Poorly Managed

Poorly Managed Poorly Managed,Poorly managed, certain employees are treated better than others, they lie to your face, not stable or long term job. dont do it

Horrible call centre

I started work with little to no training, the management was awful and the systems were faulty. Nobody seemed to be trained for the job and you were left to figure it out for yourself. I highly don’t recommend it’s GHETTO

Northing good to say

The absolute worst place to work in the world. Harassment and discrimination are common and management try their very best to make your life awful. A typical day at work would be the worst possible experience one could ever expect. The managers are ill trained and unacceptable to deal with. The hardest part of the job is knowing if you do not succumb to the harassing atmosphere you are in, you will lose your job. There is nothing enjoyable about working for msi..you are never proud of your work, and you have no opportunity for advancement unless you know the managers or related, or you treat people like dirt - the way they want you to behave - without ethics.

poor covid management.

they treat us like new age slaves during covid. when 5 agents are infected they hide it and lie about it, then we get threats from the managers, they bully poor employees with termination ...very very bad stay away, you are just a number.

Chance to work remotely

I was hired and did a 3 week training class, and then an on-the-floor class to assist before working in a team but still more on my own. I've been here since February and am now working from home! They set us up with our full computer from our desks, and I was able to bring my chair to my house so I wouldn't have to sit on my kitchen chair for my shift. Still have the same support from my team leader or support agents - I just have to call or we have an online chat. Love it - they really worked hard to get so many out of the office and set up at home. I do miss working with others around me though.

Pros

Very supportive

Cons

Not working with collegues anymore

They are harassing us because we're on leave

I receievd a call from my manager basically telling me that being worried about spreading a deadly illness to my family is not good enough reason not to come to work. our prime minister, mayor, and ford are telling us not to leave our houses, meanwhile we have to choose between feeding our familiar or kiling them at msi. not that this isn't hard enough, they are makign us all feel guilty for having underlying illnesses. they are sayig they are having people work from home, meanwhile all the managers that canw ork from home, or other support, are still coming in, when we know they have the means to work from home. we are already risking our lives going into a building that is already infested with illness but they are still coming in and breathing the same air as this. i already knew msi does not care at all for their staff but this jst proves we are all a number to them. they don't care if we live or die, they just care if calls are answered on time. we have one manager saying in an email don't worry if you don't feel comfortable coming to work your job will be waiting for you, ad another manager calling all her staff and harassing them. the deadly illness is not covid 19 the deadly illness is putting these people as leaders

I would recommend

I would recommend anybody to work at MSi. The only reason I left was to pursue a higher education, otherwise I would still be there. The wages are pretty hard to beat, and they certainly pay you more than any other call center around here

great platform

If you want to start your career and give a new shape then MSi is a fun place and great platform to get recognized and get a higher position in short time. I would recommend it for the people who have recently moved to Ottawa or who’d like to transition into a career.

career driven

Working at MSi with a large group of colleagues has been a great experience. there's many internal departments and a continued amount of positons that open up for advancements

Great team! Fun environment!

MSi is definitely not a typical call centre. It is completely different then any centre I have ever worked at before. The culture is fun and energetic, the entire team is very supportive. Management wants to see you succeed, they expect your best effort and will do everything they can to help you excel. Very fast paced and a growing organization, which opens up a lot of opportunity for personal growth. Apply, if you get hired, your going to love it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSi Corp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement