MSi Corp

MSi Corp Employee Reviews

Canada427 reviews
Featured review
MSi Corp selected this as a representative review
I work in the outbound division and we have a list of customers we are to call daily. They are existing customers so it's a warm call to offer them more products at a better price. We usually work afternoon / evening shifts and some weekends. They teach you all the skills you need to provide great customer service and Sales techniques. My team is so fun, you have to be open minded to work in outbound sales but the payoff can be amazing. Our bonus structure is very nice, we could walk out with 50" tvs, gift cards, a VIP dinner etc. My Team Leader is supportive also.
I've never worked in a call centre before, so this was a real change for me. I really like how supported I am by the team lead and the assistants (RA). it's pretty quiet in the office now because almost everyone is working from home, and I am waiting for the next bunch as I am on the list. Not bad for only being here a few months.
My leader is really patient, understanding, and she is very helpful. Any problems, I reach out to her. If she's not here, there are always other leaders I can go to for help, or her manager who is also really great.

They are setting up zoom activities too - like a virtual paint night, so I'm super excited, and they delivered lunch to our houses last week.
Pros
team environment
Cons
quiet
Poorly Managed Poorly Managed,Poorly managed, certain employees are treated better than others, they lie to your face, not stable or long term job. dont do it
I started work with little to no training, the management was awful and the systems were faulty. Nobody seemed to be trained for the job and you were left to figure it out for yourself. I highly don’t recommend it’s GHETTO
The absolute worst place to work in the world. Harassment and discrimination are common and management try their very best to make your life awful. A typical day at work would be the worst possible experience one could ever expect. The managers are ill trained and unacceptable to deal with. The hardest part of the job is knowing if you do not succumb to the harassing atmosphere you are in, you will lose your job. There is nothing enjoyable about working for msi..you are never proud of your work, and you have no opportunity for advancement unless you know the managers or related, or you treat people like dirt - the way they want you to behave - without ethics.
they treat us like new age slaves during covid. when 5 agents are infected they hide it and lie about it, then we get threats from the managers, they bully poor employees with termination ...very very bad stay away, you are just a number.
I was hired and did a 3 week training class, and then an on-the-floor class to assist before working in a team but still more on my own. I've been here since February and am now working from home! They set us up with our full computer from our desks, and I was able to bring my chair to my house so I wouldn't have to sit on my kitchen chair for my shift. Still have the same support from my team leader or support agents - I just have to call or we have an online chat.
Love it - they really worked hard to get so many out of the office and set up at home. I do miss working with others around me though.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Not working with collegues anymore
I dont want to fill this out but this website wont let me move on until i have 150 characters so here i am, writing nothing of value and wasting my own time
I receievd a call from my manager basically telling me that being worried about spreading a deadly illness to my family is not good enough reason not to come to work. our prime minister, mayor, and ford are telling us not to leave our houses, meanwhile we have to choose between feeding our familiar or kiling them at msi. not that this isn't hard enough, they are makign us all feel guilty for having underlying illnesses. they are sayig they are having people work from home, meanwhile all the managers that canw ork from home, or other support, are still coming in, when we know they have the means to work from home. we are already risking our lives going into a building that is already infested with illness but they are still coming in and breathing the same air as this. i already knew msi does not care at all for their staff but this jst proves we are all a number to them. they don't care if we live or die, they just care if calls are answered on time. we have one manager saying in an email don't worry if you don't feel comfortable coming to work your job will be waiting for you, ad another manager calling all her staff and harassing them. the deadly illness is not covid 19 the deadly illness is putting these people as leaders
This was by far the worst job I have ever worked at. There's a strong high school mentality here, and noone knows their left from right. This job is perfect for someone that is desperate to get something right away. The staff treats you poorly, and you'll notice they tend to promote a certain demographic of people. My best advice to all the newcomers... don't let them treat you like dirt, and make sure you document everything! It will pay off in the long run.
Pros
Swirling chairs
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MSi Corp?
I would not have joined MSI had I known the truth. Team Leaders and RAs ( supervisors) act like gods. Harassment is rampant. So is abuse. Avoid them !
I would recommend anybody to work at MSi. The only reason I left was to pursue a higher education, otherwise I would still be there. The wages are pretty hard to beat, and they certainly pay you more than any other call center around here
Great learning and growth opportunities. Client focused and high expectations of professionalism and adaptability.

Excellent opportunity for new graduates
Relaxed environment with a twist for competitive sales. Help is readily available when necessary. Staff and supervisors are friendly and easy going. Calls are majority inbound and some outbound. Overall a decent place to work.
If you want to start your career and give a new shape then MSi is a fun place and great platform to get recognized and get a higher position in short time. I would recommend it for the people who have recently moved to Ottawa or who’d like to transition into a career.
A great place to learn customers service skills while providing effective technical support. They have a supportive staff to help achieve your requested goals. Sales bonuses are available
great job, lots of social sports activities-volley ball, soccer and basket ball. co-workers are fantastic-they make the day go by fast. Supportive environment with room to grow.
Working at MSi with a large group of colleagues has been a great experience. there's many internal departments and a continued amount of positons that open up for advancements
Started working at MSi in 2017. Enjoy the work - once trained continuation training is offered. Opportunities for advancement and also leadership training for career pathing.

Upper management is solid. Training team is very knowledgeable.

Incentives and Hype programs are good - just need to work hard to achieve the $$.

Overall great place to work at.
MSi is a super place to work at. Good incentives. Strong work ethics. Management is very supportive. The training program is intense but you learn a lot - trainers know their stuff.
Working at MSI is a great experience. Everyone is welcomed into the family at MSI. Lots of opportunity for development and advancement within the company. Very professional and everyone is treated with respect. Workforce is in charge of scheduling and they work with all agents to make it work best for both the business and employee. Starting salary is $16 and overtime is offered quite frequently. Office environment is very pleasant and everyone is supportive. Overall a wonderful company to work for and learn about call centers.