MSi Corp Employee Reviews

Don't bother wasting your time
Bell and Virgin Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2019
I worked for this company for over a year and a half. I was always making sales targets and incentives was a very good employee and extremely loyal to the company

Yet one day I was randomly pulled into HR and fired after over a year and a half of working for them. no warning nothing. This company does not give two sh*ts about you . When it comes down to it you are just a number.

Also they try say there are always opportunities for advancements Unless you are close friends or flat out related to the management good luck.
Overall don't reccommend
Outbound/inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2019
A typical day would to login to the dialer and start taking calls from customers. I developed thick skin from this job. On the contrary, management rules are way too strict they track every second of your breaks and lunches (sucks). Schedules are not flexible and they stress need to sell unuseful products. Personally wouldn't recommend this job for anyone!
Pros
Free meals sometimes
Cons
repetitive, long hours, way too strict
Typical Corporate Survival Of The Most Connected
Active member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2019
Before going in, just understand that most managers only got their jobs because of family members working in similar positions. The number of times a family member of someone known was chosen over someone who can do the job 10 times better is sad. Doesn't matter how hard you work, your efforts are going down the drains. And don't let any higher manager see that you are a free thinker with a mind of your own because they will consider you a threat and surely get rid of you and hire 3 more classes. MSI goes through employees like a Saudi royal going through political activists. If you know what's best for you, i urge you to turn around and run the other way. There is nothing this place offers and i do mean NOTHING.
Pros
When you finally finish work
Cons
That they exist
Multiculturel
Live Order Entry Small Business Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2019
Environnement decontracte et multiculturel, environnement tres bilingue
Fun working place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2019
The job is great with lovely co-workers. My job is to help customers efficiently, in a friendly manner. It's essential to be able to handle issues for customers and to do your best to ensure they are satisfied. Providing good service is one of the most important things that can differentiate your business from its competitors.
weekly hypes create friendly competition
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2019
this is job has a good work culture. people are really friendly and helpful. You learn a lot about effective sales tactics and everyone is willing give constructive criticism and you learn a lot about the telecommunication industry not to mention the management staff is really understand.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no work benefits
If you are a student then do not bother applying.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2019
The HR department is very unprofessional , they tend to make one too many mistakes with payroll.
The Team Leaders are so incompetent and ineffective.
Where do i begin, they are very unprofessional because all the TL'S (TEAM LEADER) is gather up and all they do is walk around in a group and speak in their language. They always act like their working.
Just like any other jobs we have a "No eating at the desk" policy , however the team leaders wold order food and eat at their desk and tell us we can eat and on top of that they pick and choose who can eat at their desk and who can't ( Way to set an example).
Oh and wait till hear you hear my favorite part ... so MSI CORP has a help desk and they are the rudest people I've ever spoken too.
It's called help desk for a reason ... when you call them they will mock you and tell you to handle the call by yourself.
Plus base sur l'avancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2018
L'un des points les plus importants est d’être a l'heure de préférences 15 min avant ,un bon environnement bien fun le monde a toujours le sourire malgres l'intensité que la job donne a chaque jour
Pros
Multitâches
5+ year employee
MSi Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2018
- Great team, positive work environment and diverse staff with people of all ages

- Company has been booming in the past 5 years, from 50 to 500+ employees. This creates more opportunities in the long run.

- Entry level positions with paid training, some of these agents have already been promoted to higher positions within their first year of work

- Room for growth for advanced positions, recently this has been shown with people looking for management, HR, stats/analysis, IT, communications, web development positions and more.

- In the heart of downtown, very lively!
Pros
Posted in review.
Cons
Since it's downtown, parking can be somewhat problematic if you don't have an assigned spot.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2018
I used to work at MSi, and overall had a good experience.

- The pay was amazing, better than most call centers
- The management made sure that you were enjoying your job by asking each individual worker
- Quick to move up and become a supervisor
- Always a chance to win something (TV, gift cards, passes to Nordik and more) of course you will have to sell in order to qualify
- Great way to enhance your sale skills
- Opportunity to grow and learn

If you like sales, a good salary and an opportunity to grow in a company, I would recommend MSi for you.
Pros
Free lunches, gift cards, ability to work overtime, fun activities
Just disgusting.
Assisted Install (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if the people that rated this place over 4 stars were being pushed to write something nice.

Just about everything about this job is horrible.

*The management is atrocious.
*The schedule is awful( they'll schedule you to work 12pm-8pm and expect you to work the following day at 6:30am even though you've signed and advised countless of times what hours you can do)
*Pay is awful
*Payday is even worse. You get paid on the 7th and 22 each month
*They say they offer commission but some people haven't even seen their commission since they started and they've been promised for over 5 months that they'll get it
*nepotism is all too real. Take a look at all the staff members in the building and look at the people in management. You'll notice that the people in management are somehow related to one another or from the same race even though the majority of workers are visible minorities.
*if you're a student don't bother applying they won't work around your schedule like they say they will
Pros
I would recommend this job to my worst enemu
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2018
Unlike other companies that have standards on the looks or the age of their applicant, this one accept all kinds of people from all walks of life. It is a common occurrence for anyone working in this industry to see people of all ages. This is because of the fact that they don’t really care about what you look or how old you are.
Fine
Outbound Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 August 2018
I am currently working with them and have had no complaints. The location is great and my coworkers and team leaders are great. Sales are not natural to me but the bring the best out in me.
Would never work here again...
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2018
Terrible place to work. Only good if you are desperate for an income. Very unprofessional management/ HR. Team leads were disrespectful and had no interpersonal skills. Employees are hired and fired very quickly, treated as extremely disposable. The culture is very young, loud and inappropriate. Very little support offered on the floor. Employees are treated like children who have a 10 minute max for washroom time throughout the day. Would not go back to work here again. No compassion for any forms of illness, no respect for mental health. No benefits.
Good and friendly environment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
Good and friendly environment. Great place to work at. Management is great, very organized and makes sure that everyone is treated equally. Everyone at Msi Corp has made my 3 years employed there very enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganization and turnover at its worst
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Training was minimal and you are left to learn how to use their outdated tools on your own with criticism if errors are made. Have to deal with horrible tools to try and help Bell agents that are rude and try to steal sales from the MSI group. Schedules are random and do not leave weekends or days off as promised. Sales incentives are minimal (1$ per sale on most occasions) and HR is quick to get rid of people as they feel the need to and hire massive classes to which they fail a lot of members. My class did pass as we were given the test answers. If your looking to be harassed on a phone and be disrespected by angry customers to which you can not provide assistance then this is for you.
Cons
Disorganized, hostile environment, overly empowered management, poor workplace tools.
Efficient, professional and relaxed office environment
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario11 March 2018
Overall working for MSI was a great experience for myself. The management was amazing and understanding. My colleagues were very comfortable as well. I was motivated and always in a positive mood the morning before my day begun for these very reasons.
Pros
Company paid prizes, and bonuses to reward performance.
Used to be a fun workplace..
Outbound sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa11 March 2018
I enjoyed working there, but management and the client itself are the worst thing in that company... Threats after threats, there’s no job security, and trust me if you are not friend with the managers/TL you are done my friend.
It used to be a great place to work but now it is not. Let me save your energy and tell you that if you want happiness and some peace of mind, don’t apply there...
But other than that, coworkers are the only positive thing about that company.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Managements seeing employees as just numbers/stats..
fun and professional work environment
Assisted Install agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2018
a typical day for an AI agent is to provide support to customers and technicians who are on an install. learned to cope with multiple personalities. great management team. a fun work place.
Fun place
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2018
It's a call center based environment. A fun and friendly place that make the job very interesting. Choice of morning or evening shifts. Diferents departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSi Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

MSi Corp Reviews by Location