MSC Industrial Supply Co.

MSC Industrial Supply Co. Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Great job working from home just didn't pay very well.

Great job working from home just didn't pay very well.Also after working their 3 years, they made changes to perks, and how expenses were paid, which cost me $7,200 year out of pocket/less pay.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Lots of unpaid overtime

Awful management, bad work environment

This place is pretty toxic. I would avoid it and find something better. Pretty much anywhere else is better, unless you want to be treated like a number instead of a person. Management made promises they had no intention of keeping. They have unreasonable quotas. People keep getting hired and either fired or finding something better immediately and leaving.

Insights into MSC Industrial Supply Co.

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

First year was rough, Second year was OK

I worked here for almost 2 years. The first year was rough, I almost walked out of few times. The job itself is easy and basic. But the employees were difficult to get along with. One person will tell you do to something, while another employee with tell you the opposite way of what you were told and get mad at you for not listening. They run to the lazy manager watching Youtube all day, (when he is actually in the building) to complain about you as an employee. Despite how much more work you are doing over others. I got pulled into the office for taking 5 min near the end of the shift to sweep an area I was told I was responsible to maintain clean of debris. The Manager told me since I was the youngest in the building it was my responsibility to make up the work of the older guys who cant physically do there job as well. He told me I was also not a team player and I need to get along better with the employees when I barely said a word to any of them.I was there for almost 2 years. and I wasn't trained on how to use basic computer programs used for their inventory to short items on orders.(which everyone could do) Any time it got brought up, it got ignored. Also the other employees spoke down to you, assuming it was because I was from a younger generation. They would say things like, "Are you stupid or something?" and spoke to you with an unacceptable tone of voice. They would talk behind your back when they didn't think you could hear and complaint to each other about tiny things you did that annoyed them. Not realizing that they literally do the exact same thing. All -

Pros

Consistent hours, shared bonus every 6 months

Cons

Expected to do more than others, No room for advancement

Collaborative and educative place to work

The week starts with a conference call to discuss the past week and the goal/target for the new week. It prepares one for the task ahead. Visiting of customers, taking orders, proferring solution to customers, putting away orders, tracking back order and general house keeping

Pros

Fully serviced company car

Cons

Always on the road, driving and travelling

Lots of general Labour

First job i received when i came to the country. not the typical job i would've applied for. The salary was low, management was okay, the hours where overnight so there was no work/life balance. It was alot of work to complete with little staff on duty.

toxic management and terrible hr department

wasted 3 years of my life there, management does not run the show very well and takes no accountability for it. employees left feeling defeated and under appreciated. take your talents elsewhere

Très Bonne compagnie

Cette entreprise est moderne cependant la culture au canada n'est malheureusement pas à l'image de celle des États - Unie en raison des dirigent canadien

Pros

Service Rapide efficace très bonne inventaire

Cons

Soutien des dirigent

Little To No Advancement Opportunity

When I started with MSC I really enjoyed it. They assured me I would be promoted within a 6-month period, but almost 2 years later and I had been told multiple times that I would not be. I had tried multiple times to transfer regions in order to grow professionally, but was turned down for multiple reasons. Most days the work wasn't tough, but on the busier days there was little support given. When overtime was required there was no compensation. The culture grew very ugly due to this pressure. The travel was my favourite part of my job. I was unable to escape the various workplaces and pressures of the job.

Pros

Most expanses covered (gas/hotels/food)

Cons

Long hours with little support

Great culture

Great company culture. This was not the right fit for me but I do think it is great company with awesome leadership. The feed back for improvement is, better use of technology, change the name from Class C Solutions Group to MSC Industrial Supply, and to put more focus on the Canadian Market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSC Industrial Supply Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MSC Industrial Supply Co. with

• MSC Industrial Supply Co.