MSC Industrial Supply Co.

MSC Industrial Supply Co. Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
The week starts with a conference call to discuss the past week and the goal/target for the new week. It prepares one for the task ahead.
Visiting of customers, taking orders, proferring solution to customers, putting away orders, tracking back order and general house keeping
Pros
Fully serviced company car
Cons
Always on the road, driving and travelling
First job i received when i came to the country. not the typical job i would've applied for. The salary was low, management was okay, the hours where overnight so there was no work/life balance. It was alot of work to complete with little staff on duty.
wasted 3 years of my life there, management does not run the show very well and takes no accountability for it. employees left feeling defeated and under appreciated. take your talents elsewhere
Cette entreprise est moderne cependant la culture au canada n'est malheureusement pas à l'image de celle des États - Unie en raison des dirigent canadien
Pros
Service Rapide efficace très bonne inventaire
Cons
Soutien des dirigent
When I started with MSC I really enjoyed it. They assured me I would be promoted within a 6-month period, but almost 2 years later and I had been told multiple times that I would not be. I had tried multiple times to transfer regions in order to grow professionally, but was turned down for multiple reasons.

Most days the work wasn't tough, but on the busier days there was little support given. When overtime was required there was no compensation. The culture grew very ugly due to this pressure.

The travel was my favourite part of my job. I was unable to escape the various workplaces and pressures of the job.
Pros
Most expanses covered (gas/hotels/food)
Cons
Long hours with little support
Great company culture. This was not the right fit for me but I do think it is great company with awesome leadership. The feed back for improvement is, better use of technology, change the name from Class C Solutions Group to MSC Industrial Supply, and to put more focus on the Canadian Market.