MSB PLASTICS MANUFACTURING LTD Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 May 2019
MSB is a fast paced work environment. It is a fair place to work. Management and take the time to listen to your concerns and correct them. The benefits are good. Bonus plan is above average. Majority are long term employees, which is always a good sign. employees appreciation activities are held often. Employees are promoted within in recognition of their work and attitude. Your ideas are accepted.
Pros
Management is easy and fair to work with. Good benefits. Growth potential is good
Cons
Long hours.
Love working at MSB.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 December 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Everyone knows everyone and it is a friendly welcoming environment.
Work is good and there are great managers to guide you. You feel as though you are in safe hands.
Starting with the million dollar smile HR manager, is an amazing person. She is open to teaching you about everything she does and very easy to work with.
At MSB, you get noticed for the positive things you do not only the negative. Everyone is treated with respect and management is really involved with all their employees.
Would work here again.
Cons
Only transportation was an issue, but they were very accommodating with the times I could start working at.
Fast paced environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 December 2017
It is a decent place to work.The speed is above average but manageable. There is a clear disconnection between the floor workers and management, you can see it by the way they speak to one another. Highly stressful but lots of room to grow if you can handle the pressure.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Mandated overtime on peak season
Not the best place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 September 2017
GM on strike with no warning to us we have no job. We have to call and listen to an IVR everyday. No option to go on EI, just need to sit and wait unpaid. They could have informed us about this.
Benefits
Cons
No work like balance
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 February 2015
My day goes very nice and slow. I enjoy working with my co-workers that work close to me while I am working. I also like the fact that I get to spend a little bit of time with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job and the part I don't like is when the stacks get overloaded and we have to start working very hard to get done in time, but luckily that doesn't happen very often anymore. You need to know the following, safety regs for your work environment in general, know your machines maintenance requirements (grease points, oil and filter change hrs etc.) Be able to use an engineers rule and peep site. Be able to read a grade stake and understand it top to bottom. Be drug free. Show up to work on time everyday.give your employer 100% every way everyday. Be honest about your abilities (don't get in over your head). These are tough times right now and work is hard to get so be patient. If the will is there, there is always a way.
Pros
fine and nice environment
Cons
sometimes gets boring
not a fun working environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2014
we used to do the same kind of work everyday. management was not very friendly, they mostly cared about highest production everyday they dont pay to much attention to the safety of their employees. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the speed of the production machine.
Pros
employees were friendly