MSA Security Employee Reviews

Lots of fun people to work with.
K9 Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 April 2019
Met a lot of good people working at different sites. Different locations. Opportunities to travel to other cities. opportunity to deploy overseas. Get to take your dog home every day and bond with them.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Managers had preferences.
MSA do NOT care about the dogs and handlers
edc (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 January 2019
I worked 3 years at MSA and loved the job, working with my dog. After 3 years and working between 80 and 160 every 2 weeks, I was fired for bs reasons, because of a supervisor who did not like me. I work 30 days straight with no days off, and many weeks straight, and never complaint but MSA doesn't care, you are only good at your last 5 mns at MSA, they took my dog after 3 years, they don't care, if you love your dog and your job don't go there.... you are a tool for them, and the dogs $$ maker not an employee.
Pros
working with a dog
Cons
too many
great company
K9 Handler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 December 2018
I love working with my k9 partner. I took this job to escape TSA. I was promised Full time hours, but never got it. Only in the summer did I get 40 hours.
Pros
partner
Cons
lack of hours
Working for MSA
Executive Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  where ever they need me.20 December 2018
I really like what I do when I'm working. Covering Multiple locations,and Securing Properties,Clients,Clients Residents.Working with a partner is very helpful Idea's are thrown around,keeping the Administration updated with current events.The hardest part of this job is going from location to location in the City TRAFFIC is Horrendous!!!.The enjoyable part of the job is making everyone happy & Comfortable.
Pros
if your working the pay is very good.
Cons
it's hard to get steady work.
An opportunity for young vets to get employed while in search for a long time career
Explosive Detection Canine Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NY31 October 2018
Looks good on a resume, working with the canine is fun. Although it should be used as a stepping stone to another more long term job. MSA like to use their military employees as work horses while giving their former police employees easy permanent locations early on after being hired
Pros
Canine Partner
Cons
No breaks, Unreasonable hours and raise, No union
Productive place to work, employees are receptive as it relates to employee safety in the work environment. Employees participate in emergency drills
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WI7 August 2018
A typical work day involves meeting with uniform security as it relates to daily orders. Information is shared to ensure overall safety to all employees.Management plays a large role, allowing employees to attened safety meetings during the workday.The hardest part of the job is making sure information is being shared. I enjoy making a difference in the safety of others.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
commute
okay
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  whitehall ferry25 July 2018
Not that bad, co workers act like highschoolers sometimes money is good can be a bit borring depending on which job you have but its alright all around.
Okay job
Explosive Detection K9 Handler (Current Employee) –  United States21 July 2018
Can be a fun job. Hours always vary. No benefits but hopefully soon to change. Training is good but management is so-so. Clients are good to work for.
Working for M.S.A. was a good learning experience.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York County, NY14 July 2018
Working with M.S.A. security is a pleasure, they treat you with respect and professionalism. The only negative thing working For M.S.A. would be getting your week to week scheduling.
Rewarding
Explosive detection canine handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 July 2018
Good job and very rewarding working with the canines. Take Canines home to family every night. Have to train the dog every day at home and at work. friendly dogs.
developing industry
Head of representative office (Current Employee) –  Kiev, Ukraine20 June 2018
business overview of market share and customer requirements
every day some sales experience and chalanges
manage daily issues and all offic issues
company ethics
bureaucracy
new challenges
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
helht care;Career growth
My first security company
Senior Static Guard (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 May 2018
Loved everything about the company friendly happy organised good hours , they were family orientated and for me that was ideal as I had 2 young daughters at the time.
Pros
good management and hours to suit
Cons
The company shut down
Slow paced job experience
Explosive Detection K-9 Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 February 2018
Although you get a lot of hours at this job, the typical day would be either sitting at a desk in an office waiting for trucks to unload so you and your K-9 can search through it or walking around airports. some perks from this job would be the events you get to attend and the benefits they give.
Explosive Detection anine Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN8 February 2018
Fast paced and stressful is one way to descrbe this job, but at the same time it is a good job that you will see new places weekly, you are sent to new york to train.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job Security
Horrible management
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 January 2018
This company would be amazing if they would stop hiring manager based off people they work in the police dept. with. Poor management had lead to horrible morale
Msa
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 January 2018
MSA is a well paid job that benefits veterans such as myself. Inspecting vehicles can be stressful at times but the job is needed for the site to prevent any harm from happening in the location. I enjoy the job and the idea of being able to help those around.
Well run company
Hostile Surveillance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 November 2017
The company has grown to be a major international player in the security marketplace and for good reason. They are adaptable and tech savvy. The only shortcoming would be in scheduling and lack of pay increases for current employees.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Explosive Detection Canine Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 October 2017
Work is good, handlers are good, management at the time was awful. Although a good change came through and the management is now on a good path. Overall a good place.
Pros
Dog handling
Cons
Having to go to Connecticut to train.
Startup location for company in the National Capital Region
Director Contracts, Compliance (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA17 October 2017
Good company to work for; Trying to diversify their portfolio to break into the Federal space; one anchor contract with United States Government; Building out an office in Arlington as a showplace, which should be complete in 2017.
Pros
Supportive of staff
Cons
Not familiary with Federal Contracting cycles
Disrespectful and incompetent management
Logistics Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA16 October 2017
As a logistics technician, one will have too many bosses with competing and contrasting egos and requests, making it impossible to complete tasks efficiently. Logistic technicians are stepped on and constantly blamed for issues that had nothing to do with their department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSA Security. Our community is ready to answer.