MRC Global Employee Reviews

Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK19 March 2018
- great salary
-great benefits
-great business culture
-ability to grow and stay with this company
-management is committed to their employees and customers
Pros
great work environment
Cons
can experience long hours
Headed in the wrong direction
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Canada31 January 2018
The company cares more about its bottom line than it does about its employees. The Culture has changed a lot around the workplace and its just not an enjoyable place to be. Everyone seems stressed out and miserable. I believe the new managment is in way over their heads and it shows.
Inside Sales Representitive Position Review
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Working at MRC Global was busy and had many challenges from day to day to meet deadlines. I learned how to manage my time better and build relationships with clients to make my job easier. The work environment and management was good. Doing team building events help moral in the company and it got the employees to maximize their productivity. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines. This meant working late and coming in early to meet bid deadlines. The best part of the job was my coworkers and the team mentality that developed in our inside sales group.
Pros
Good pay with bonuses
Cons
long hours and short deadline times
Fun workplace
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB23 August 2017
It was a great opportunity to work with such a amazing group of people l, took on long hours and lots of new task also lots of training on the forklift
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to work.
Wheel loader, grapple (Former Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta11 July 2017
Knowledgeable staff will meet your needs within a moments notice. Dedicated to servicing the oil and gas industry with perfection. Staff is very orientated with the products provided.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
No overtime
a good company sliding fast into an abyss
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
taken over by accountants and a loss of respect for all employees not on the executive board. Canadian operations are deemed as a anchor and not an important asset.
Crat place to work. Good co-workers
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB3 January 2017
Good co-workers work good with one other,
The company is good family frist type company,
This job gave me more experience with talking to people and putting orders together and computer experience with there sims and word 2013.
Pros
Home aver night
Cons
Only weekends off
No comment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 December 2016
Thought it would be a great change in my career. Found the company has improper training, lacks professionalism from management to coworkers, and poor work and life balance.
TA Jackson
ware house /yard/sales (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC22 November 2016
every day was a hard day but work is hard learned a lot i worked with vary smart people great co-workers most enjoyable part is the end of the job when you can stand back and see all the good work you did
Pros
Really injoyed the people i worked with and vary good pay
friendly environment,safety work place, excellent package benifit
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminister Alberta Canada25 October 2016
When i was in the company i told to my self this is the job i like to keep doing it. im happy every day to come on duty even i need to extend my time its ok because im really having fun for the nature of my job as warehouse associate with nice people around me.the package benefit is awesome they make me satisfy.
Cons
unlimited Overtime

Want to know more about MRC Global?

Ask a question
ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
some of my workmates were awesome people. i will miss them. sometimes you just need a change. i felt like it was time to move on.
Great benefits but no sense of team or care for employees
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2016
Great salary but your more of a number than a person. Managed from the US and seems they have no sense of business sense in the Canadian marketplace.
Rebuild cost them a lot of quality people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 July 2016
I worked at MRC for numerous years in many different roles. When they let go of the Regional Manager earlier this year and replaced him, this is when the domino effect started. The morale was absolutely atrocious and affected almost everyone. Many managers and quality employees left soon after. I cannot wait to leave
Pros
Nothing recently
Cons
Terrible Management
Great team! Poor management!
ISR (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 July 2016
I loved the team atmosphere, until they allowed young inexperienced management to run the branch. Tore the team apart! They do not follow labour laws and try to intimidate you and threaten your job! If you chose to work for them you will be a number and another notch In Their ungrateful ways! No job security's the all!
Pros
Great employees and team atmosphere!
Cons
Regional and branch managers only care about making them selves look good to superiors!
Was great but Regional Management was awful
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2016
I loved working there but new management came in and they were not trained in change management and made it an extremely negative work environment to be in.
Pros
amazing staff, friendl
Cons
poor leadership, poor scheduling for work/life balance
productive, fun, very good team atmosphere
Warehouse and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB11 May 2016
Everyday seemed to be always fun, even tho we always had deadlines to meet with loading times, getting the "right" product to the customer the first time as returns are very costly.
There was lots of room to move up in the ranks at MRC, when I first started with them I started in shipping/receiving, within 2 years of learning the products and how the orders were picked, packaged and shipped, i was promoted into sales at the front desk where i got to deal with customers first hand while taking orders via emails, fax, on the phone or at the counter.
Pros
alot of free lunches from vendors, very understanding in time off, flexible holiday time
Cons
some days were very very long.
big company which taught me hard work and ever changing environments
Warehouse/Inside sales/ Outside sales (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 March 2016
great company to work for which introduced me to multiple learning experiences and different positions within the oil and gas industry
good group fo people to work with
Shipper/Receiver- Pick/Pack/Ship (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2015
steady environment, knowledgeable staff, good people.

its an ongoing learning environment with the wide array of products

management is approachable
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
sometimes lack of equipment available
capitol driven american company that doesnt care about canadians
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2015
MRC Global management cancelled everyone's yearly bonus cheques and Christmas parties after the FIRST year of officially purchasing Midfield Supply. That same year the company became a publicly traded company which all revenue must be posted on their official site where it was discovered that the CEO of MRC had received a 5 million dollar bonus for a year that was supposedly not profitable.
enjoyable atmosphere co-workers were easy to get along with
Technical Inside Sales Rep - Capital Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2015
The people and environment was a good place to work in. I enjoyed talking with customers and vendors. It was a high paced high stress job at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MRC Global. Our community is ready to answer.