MRC Global Employee Reviews

nice work enviroment awesome people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB2 May 2019
Good company to work,people are awesome,I learn a lot from this experience as my first job as a warehouse associate, i will highly recommend this company to my friends.
Thankful
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2019
MRC is good.
We provide product solutions to our customer portfolio.
Learned to quote, sell, package goods.

I think they have a lot of good things working for them.
Pros
lunches, hockey games
Cons
long hours, operations management
Could be great if they removed the 2 or 3 people at the top.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB27 March 2019
This could be a great place to work but anyone who works there will quickly realize that the entire Canadian operation is run negatively by 2 people. These 2 are not open to original ideas from staff that aren't thier own. If you do speak up you are labeled and removed in the next round of layoffs. I worked there 2 years and in that time they had several rounds of layoffs and branch closures. The Canadian operation is so mismanaged that even 1 slow month they are not able to weather and will always cut staff. I saw no other cost cutting measures while there except cutting staff and closing branches. All while hiring sales people and giving them brand new trucks. I was an upper level manager and was not given any decision power, it all goes through the 2. Took 5 months to backfill a $20/hr person and then I had to hire them through a temp agency so some VP in the US didnt see a headcount increase. It's all about the bottom line at MRC. Another US company that is out of touch with its Canadian operation and market. Raises were barely cost of living if you got one at all. In the end they let me go just before raise time so they wouldn't have to give me one and then the next day advertised my position online. They will pay someone much less to do my same job. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Nice Co Workers.
Terrible place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 March 2019
The management is terribly uncoordinated and out of touch with the people on the floor. They don't care about their employees if you get laid off don't expect to be called back when they need people again. No room to advance unless you're friends with management. No room to get a raise they will always tell you raises are improvement based and you haven't improved enough to deserve it. I worked there for 4 years and was laid off while on doctor ordered light duty because they decided I wasn't worth their time anymore I was cleared for work the next day. They treat you like scum of the earth for every incident instead of working with you to improve their process. Not worth your time or energy.
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Management, pay scale, no advancement, treatment, attitudes
Dont even waste your time
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 August 2018
I worked for MRC for 5+ years in multiple roles, in that time never seen a raise/bonus, management is a joke, the overall morale of the employees has gone out the window, the regional and managers think buying pizza every so often makes up for their lack of being present on the floor, or their lack of listening to their employees problems/issues. Unless your friends with the management there will be no advancement in this place. DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME!! way better companies out there! Disappointed in myself for even staying as long as I did, hoping it would get better.. loved my coworkers but it doesn't make up for a bad work environment...
Pros
Fellow coworkers, benefits plan
Cons
Management, no raises/bonuses, lack of work/life balance
Inside Sales Rep Position at MRC Global
Thermal Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB17 August 2018
Worked at MRC for 6 years and when new management took over 4 years ago (2014) things went downhill fast. In the position in North East Alberta management made it nearly impossible to succeed and service clients the way they should be serviced.
The requirement is 12 hour days and every third weekend which made work life balance non existent.
If you have a family or value any kind of life outside of work, don’t bother applying for an inside sales/technical sales position with this company.
Pros
Pay is just alright
Cons
Everything else
Very busy and high energy enviroment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 May 2018
typical day includes coordinating freight, scheduling deliveries and sales calls to customers.Take telephone calls from customers procure items as needed and arrange shipment. Prepare quotes as needed. Meet and exceed sales budgets. Provide excellent customer service. Sometimes required to work evenings and weekends if there is a turnaround or emergency.
Pros
team environment
Cons
not enough hours in a day
Great Place to Work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK19 March 2018
- great salary
-great benefits
-great business culture
-ability to grow and stay with this company
-management is committed to their employees and customers
Pros
great work environment
Cons
can experience long hours
Headed in the wrong direction
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Canada31 January 2018
The company cares more about its bottom line than it does about its employees. The Culture has changed a lot around the workplace and its just not an enjoyable place to be. Everyone seems stressed out and miserable. I believe the new managment is in way over their heads and it shows.
Inside Sales Representitive Position Review
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Working at MRC Global was busy and had many challenges from day to day to meet deadlines. I learned how to manage my time better and build relationships with clients to make my job easier. The work environment and management was good. Doing team building events help moral in the company and it got the employees to maximize their productivity. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines. This meant working late and coming in early to meet bid deadlines. The best part of the job was my coworkers and the team mentality that developed in our inside sales group.
Pros
Good pay with bonuses
Cons
long hours and short deadline times
Fun workplace
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB23 August 2017
It was a great opportunity to work with such a amazing group of people l, took on long hours and lots of new task also lots of training on the forklift
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to work.
Wheel loader, grapple (Former Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta11 July 2017
Knowledgeable staff will meet your needs within a moments notice. Dedicated to servicing the oil and gas industry with perfection. Staff is very orientated with the products provided.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
No overtime
a good company sliding fast into an abyss
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
taken over by accountants and a loss of respect for all employees not on the executive board. Canadian operations are deemed as a anchor and not an important asset.
Crat place to work. Good co-workers
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB3 January 2017
Good co-workers work good with one other,
The company is good family frist type company,
This job gave me more experience with talking to people and putting orders together and computer experience with there sims and word 2013.
Pros
Home aver night
Cons
Only weekends off
No comment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 December 2016
Thought it would be a great change in my career. Found the company has improper training, lacks professionalism from management to coworkers, and poor work and life balance.
TA Jackson
ware house /yard/sales (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC22 November 2016
every day was a hard day but work is hard learned a lot i worked with vary smart people great co-workers most enjoyable part is the end of the job when you can stand back and see all the good work you did
Pros
Really injoyed the people i worked with and vary good pay
friendly environment,safety work place, excellent package benifit
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminister Alberta Canada25 October 2016
When i was in the company i told to my self this is the job i like to keep doing it. im happy every day to come on duty even i need to extend my time its ok because im really having fun for the nature of my job as warehouse associate with nice people around me.the package benefit is awesome they make me satisfy.
Cons
unlimited Overtime
ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
some of my workmates were awesome people. i will miss them. sometimes you just need a change. i felt like it was time to move on.
Great benefits but no sense of team or care for employees
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2016
Great salary but your more of a number than a person. Managed from the US and seems they have no sense of business sense in the Canadian marketplace.
Rebuild cost them a lot of quality people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 July 2016
I worked at MRC for numerous years in many different roles. When they let go of the Regional Manager earlier this year and replaced him, this is when the domino effect started. The morale was absolutely atrocious and affected almost everyone. Many managers and quality employees left soon after. I cannot wait to leave
Pros
Nothing recently
Cons
Terrible Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MRC Global. Our community is ready to answer.