Mr. Rooter Plumbing

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Make as much as you want

If you’re a rough in or commercial plumber this is probably not suited for you. This is a fast paced service company with endless amounts of money to be made if you’re willing to put the time in. You MUST have superior customer service mentality and patience with people to be successful at this job.

Pros

You are basically your own boss...management doesn’t bother you too much.

Cons

On Call a lot, not much family life.

Unreal place to work

Best place I’ve ever worked, every one here is a beauty, whole crew of guys and the office people as well are all down to earth people. Yeah it’s a little hectic sometimes but nothing a person can’t handle. Anyone complaining about pay (isn’t very good at their job), probably one of the best paying service company’s in Edmonton. We take care of our customers here, providing repair options all the way to full replacement to just and basic fix, customer picks the repair they want, being good at customer service is definitely required here as you deal with people all day, some people don’t like that aspect of the job but once you get better at it it’s a breeze, and if you hate the customer service side then I would recommend doing new construction and roughing in toilets for 8 hours a day.

Pros

Everyone’s cool and chill

Cons

I get beat at darts every time

The worst company I have ever worked

Stay away from this franchise as a customer or an employee. Rooter plumbing won't give a price over the phone so it forces the customer to agree to a visit which will cost /be which as far as I'm concerned shows the company has no interest in look after its customers it actually see customers as a potential to max profits beyond what is reasonable.

Pros

Cons

Rip of customers and employees

Great place to learn and grow

I enjoyed my time at Mr Rooter. The management was always there for you when you needed help. They also pushed me to keep learning to become a Great plumber. Great work life balance. Overall a great place to work.

Little direction and less training

They seems to think everyone just knows what to do even on the first day. No one seems to care about teaching or directing apprentices and it’s all about money for the plumbers in vans

Pros

Good tools

Cons

Don’t work here if you want to learn

Highly demanding/rewarding Job

They pay the going rate, I gave 1 star to salary because if you are a first year or a second year that doesn't have a lot of service experience you will be doing excavations all the time, which is not worth the pay. they just got an excavator so now they dont even subcontract out the outdoor excavation, a plumbing apprentice has to do it, for a first year wage that's unbelievable in my opinion. the technician making the commission does not actually do the work, just sells the job and then the grunts do it. some of the guys make a small flat rate on those jobs, but not everyone which causes some serious problems. This place can be great for the right person, lots of money to be made, the service techs are for the most part a really good group of guys that are helpful towards each other, very friendly group. It sink r swim at this place.

Pros

Good Group of Plumbing Techs

Cons

Sink or Swim mentality

Poorly managed company, a lot of empt promises. No learning of the trade

Poorly managed company, a lot of empty promises. No learning of the trade. No sense of company, we never even had a outing or company party for any holiday

Best place I've ever worked.

I've worked for 2 other service plumbing companies and I have NEVER been treated so well. All the plumbers push eachother at being the best plumbers they can be while still having plenty of time to joke around. Also the new management seems to be always trying to find ways to make the plumbers job easier for them such as new tools, pizza parties and always LISTENING to their guys. I have only good things to say about this company they really know how to make the new guys feel apart of the crew!

Pros

Everyone has the best interest to make this company strive.

Cons

Ice cream sandwiches get eaten too quickly before you get a chance to eat some

an amazing place to work with an incredible management team

This is the best job i have ever had by a lot. The attitude here is always good and the management and support team are top tier. The entire team here is always willing to help, teach, learn and listen. At the end of the day you actually don't want to leave.

Pros

if you have a good attitude and drive you will laugh all the way to the bank.

Cons

out dated gaming console in the lounge

nothing positive to say

Long shifts with varying finish times. Not enough management creating stressful environment. too much employee turnover low moral no employee incentives

Super Boss

great place to work family owed business, always helpful and very generous . it was a fast paced environment at times and lots of people coming and going.

I’ll be working here for life

Extremely friendly and easy going staff and management! The work keeps your brain working everyday, my coworkers are a blast to work with, management is very understanding, patient, personable, encouraging, and overall fun to be around. Pay is great, and you’re helping people out every day. I’ve heard super negative things about the previous management, but since it’s been taken over, honesty is first, making money is second. I’m excited to go to work for once! If you’re an honest plumber, and can play well with others, you’ll do great!

Pros

Great pay, great atmosphere, great boss!

Cons

Can’t think of anything other than my boss’ farts are rancid.

Good stable work force

Have worked here for 5 years so a stable company. Local family business. Overall a pleasant environment for people. Cannot think of anything else to add.

Pros

Free lunch on paydays

Cons

Na

Good place to learn

> Everyday its a new learning at work. > Developing new skills > Management is kind of ok, not to good nor to bad > Hardest part of the Job is to shovel deep holes > The most enjoyable part when you operate new equipment and working with technician which will going to help you in your future.

Pros

5 days working

Cons

1/2 hr break

Excellent company to work for

I started my apprenticeship here and it was a great way to get into the trade, the pay here is excellent and the people were great to work for. They provided training and uniforms.

Bad job

If I could there would be no stars.. I almost killed myself via tormented by the manager.. worst job ever.. I'm a journeyman my first check was 180 dollars for 2 weeks... they said you'll make 3000 a check no problem.. they are snakes.. they want you to pressure vulnerable people into huge plumbing costs... he once almost fired me because he wanted me to scam a pensioner for 10000 on a sewer replacement for roots... I told them buy a 20 dollar bottle of root killer and ur done... that's all the money they get for the years she prolly died after 2 months.. not worth your life..

Not a place to learn

I overall enjoyed my time working for Mr Rooter but there are NEGATIVE parts about working here as an APPRENTICE who is willing to learn and work hard. Majority of the journeymen have the patience and are really willing to teach the apprentices who are there to learn and gain experience in the trade. But the management have the thoughts to rush you into your own truck, run you’re own calls even if you are not qualified to do so. This is NOT the place to learn.

benefits

Cons

Rushed into solo work, disorganized management

Great staff and customers

The average day consisted of arguing with the owener due to his lack of concern for the customers and also due to the lack of care for his employees..

if we work with dedication , make bond with our customer and team member ,i think

I think salary just for fulfillment of basic needs ,but to meet with newer person gives good lesson , provide chance to meet and deal new culture .which make bond strength between customer and company.

Pros

lunch .

Cons

10 hours

Very hapily employed

As soon as I sat down with the new owner (who is at the office from 7-5:30 6 days a week) I was pretty sure I was taking the job. I'm treated very well and have about as much support from the office and management as you could ask for. I'm happy to be a part of the future with Mr. Rooter.

Pros

Management/office staff

Cons

Too many sweets in the office. Glad I have benefits

Fun and friendly staff to work with.

The positive atmosphere here is amazing. The new management has really made a difference. The plumbers on board are friendly and knowledgeable. The office staff is polite and helpful.

Pros

Luncheons and all around good employees.

Cons

Lack of parking in outside lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement