Mr. Rooter Plumbing

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
If you’re a rough in or commercial plumber this is probably not suited for you. This is a fast paced service company with endless amounts of money to be made if you’re willing to put the time in. You MUST have superior customer service mentality and patience with people to be successful at this job.
Pros
You are basically your own boss...management doesn’t bother you too much.
Cons
On Call a lot, not much family life.
I've worked for 2 other service plumbing companies and I have NEVER been treated so well. All the plumbers push eachother at being the best plumbers they can be while still having plenty of time to joke around. Also the new management seems to be always trying to find ways to make the plumbers job easier for them such as new tools, pizza parties and always LISTENING to their guys. I have only good things to say about this company they really know how to make the new guys feel apart of the crew!
Pros
Everyone has the best interest to make this company strive.
Cons
Ice cream sandwiches get eaten too quickly before you get a chance to eat some
Mr Rooter plumbing is an amazing place to work. They don’t judge you for your lack of knowledge instead they take the time to train you properly. Enjoy coming into work in the morning.
Pros
Great environment to work in. Always end the day with a smile and a laugh.
Cons
Too many treats at the shop. Gaining weight too fast.
This is the best job i have ever had by a lot. The attitude here is always good and the management and support team are top tier. The entire team here is always willing to help, teach, learn and listen. At the end of the day you actually don't want to leave.
Pros
if you have a good attitude and drive you will laugh all the way to the bank.
Cons
out dated gaming console in the lounge
Get treated like and told you are a slave and they call you a bi***. Not good unless you are a greedy plumber looking to make commission off of scaring people into buying sewer replacements. Workplace harassment and verbal abuse are rampant.
Long shifts with varying finish times.
Not enough management creating stressful environment.

too much employee turnover low moral

no employee incentives
great place to work family owed business, always helpful and very generous . it was a fast paced environment at times and lots of people coming and going.
Extremely friendly and easy going staff and management! The work keeps your brain working everyday, my coworkers are a blast to work with, management is very understanding, patient, personable, encouraging, and overall fun to be around. Pay is great, and you’re helping people out every day. I’ve heard super negative things about the previous management, but since it’s been taken over, honesty is first, making money is second. I’m excited to go to work for once! If you’re an honest plumber, and can play well with others, you’ll do great!
Pros
Great pay, great atmosphere, great boss!
Cons
Can’t think of anything other than my boss’ farts are rancid.
Have worked here for 5 years so a stable company. Local family business. Overall a pleasant environment for people. Cannot think of anything else to add.
Pros
Free lunch on paydays
Cons
Na
> Everyday its a new learning at work.
> Developing new skills

> Management is kind of ok, not to good nor to bad

> Hardest part of the Job is to shovel deep holes

> The most enjoyable part when you operate new equipment and working with technician which will going to help you in your future.
Pros
5 days working
Cons
1/2 hr break
I started my apprenticeship here and it was a great way to get into the trade, the pay here is excellent and the people were great to work for. They provided training and uniforms.
If I could there would be no stars.. I almost killed myself via tormented by the manager.. worst job ever.. I'm a journeyman my first check was 180 dollars for 2 weeks... they said you'll make 3000 a check no problem.. they are snakes.. they want you to pressure vulnerable people into huge plumbing costs... he once almost fired me because he wanted me to scam a pensioner for 10000 on a sewer replacement for roots... I told them buy a 20 dollar bottle of root killer and ur done... that's all the money they get for the years she prolly died after 2 months.. not worth your life..
I overall enjoyed my time working for Mr Rooter but there are NEGATIVE parts about working here as an APPRENTICE who is willing to learn and work hard. Majority of the journeymen have the patience and are really willing to teach the apprentices who are there to learn and gain experience in the trade. But the management have the thoughts to rush you into your own truck, run you’re own calls even if you are not qualified to do so. This is NOT the place to learn.
benefits
Cons
Rushed into solo work, disorganized management
The average day consisted of arguing with the owener due to his lack of concern for the customers and also due to the lack of care for his employees..
I think salary just for fulfillment of basic needs ,but to meet with newer person gives good lesson , provide chance to meet and deal new culture .which make bond strength between customer and company.
Pros
lunch .
Cons
10 hours
As soon as I sat down with the new owner (who is at the office from 7-5:30 6 days a week) I was pretty sure I was taking the job. I'm treated very well and have about as much support from the office and management as you could ask for. I'm happy to be a part of the future with Mr. Rooter.
Pros
Management/office staff
Cons
Too many sweets in the office. Glad I have benefits
The positive atmosphere here is amazing. The new management has really made a difference. The plumbers on board are friendly and knowledgeable. The office staff is polite and helpful.
Pros
Luncheons and all around good employees.
Cons
Lack of parking in outside lot.
Work place is fun and employees get along, Management is the worst of all the Owner has no clue how to run a company or manage an office, plumbers and staff huge turnover as they are promised things and never pans out.
Overall i had a very positive work experience while i was employed by Mr. Rooter plumbing. I learned a lot working with the journeyman plumbers on job sites of all sizes.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Rushed into solo work
Working at Mr. Rooter plumbing has set high expectations for further employment positions. The friendly staff, amazing work environment and customer service offered was beyond anything I've ever seen before.
This is a good place to work. A Family run company. Flexible and overall very good. Have been here 3 years. Techs are great to work with. The prople in the office are also just as great, overall all is good. Just wish it was closer to home.
Pros
Free Lunches, Hockey Game Tickets
Cons
Not close to home