Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

I’ll be working here for life
Plumber/Gasfitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2019
Extremely friendly and easy going staff and management! The work keeps your brain working everyday, my coworkers are a blast to work with, management is very understanding, patient, personable, encouraging, and overall fun to be around. Pay is great, and you’re helping people out every day. I’ve heard super negative things about the previous management, but since it’s been taken over, honesty is first, making money is second. I’m excited to go to work for once! If you’re an honest plumber, and can play well with others, you’ll do great!
Pros
Great pay, great atmosphere, great boss!
Cons
Can’t think of anything other than my boss’ farts are rancid.
Good stable work force
Part Time from May 2019 (Current Employee) –  4-1955 Logan Ave13 March 2019
Have worked here for 5 years so a stable company. Local family business. Overall a pleasant environment for people. Cannot think of anything else to add.
Pros
Free lunch on paydays
Cons
Na
Excellent company to work for
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 October 2018
I started my apprenticeship here and it was a great way to get into the trade, the pay here is excellent and the people were great to work for. They provided training and uniforms.
Bad job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
If I could there would be no stars.. I almost killed myself via tormented by the manager.. worst job ever.. I'm a journeyman my first check was 180 dollars for 2 weeks... they said you'll make 3000 a check no problem.. they are snakes.. they want you to pressure vulnerable people into huge plumbing costs... he once almost fired me because he wanted me to scam a pensioner for 10000 on a sewer replacement for roots... I told them buy a 20 dollar bottle of root killer and ur done... that's all the money they get for the years she prolly died after 2 months.. not worth your life..
Not a place to learn
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
I overall enjoyed my time working for Mr Rooter but there are NEGATIVE parts about working here as an APPRENTICE who is willing to learn and work hard. Majority of the journeymen have the patience and are really willing to teach the apprentices who are there to learn and gain experience in the trade. But the management have the thoughts to rush you into your own truck, run you’re own calls even if you are not qualified to do so. This is NOT the place to learn.
benefits
Cons
Rushed into solo work, disorganized management
Great staff and customers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 June 2018
The average day consisted of arguing with the owener due to his lack of concern for the customers and also due to the lack of care for his employees..
if we work with dedication , make bond with our customer and team member ,i think
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault site Marie6 May 2018
I think salary just for fulfillment of basic needs ,but to meet with newer person gives good lesson , provide chance to meet and deal new culture .which make bond strength between customer and company.
Pros
lunch .
Cons
10 hours
Very hapily employed
Plumber/Gasfitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2018
As soon as I sat down with the new owner (who is at the office from 7-5:30 6 days a week) I was pretty sure I was taking the job. I'm treated very well and have about as much support from the office and management as you could ask for. I'm happy to be a part of the future with Mr. Rooter.
Pros
Management/office staff
Cons
Too many sweets in the office. Glad I have benefits
Fun and friendly staff to work with.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2018
The positive atmosphere here is amazing. The new management has really made a difference. The plumbers on board are friendly and knowledgeable. The office staff is polite and helpful.
Pros
Luncheons and all around good employees.
Cons
Lack of parking in outside lot.
Fun Work Place horrible management
Accounts Manager For all Commercial Accounts (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2018
Work place is fun and employees get along, Management is the worst of all the Owner has no clue how to run a company or manage an office, plumbers and staff huge turnover as they are promised things and never pans out.
Pleased
General labour / Apprentice plumber (Former Employee) –  Streesville20 October 2017
Overall i had a very positive work experience while i was employed by Mr. Rooter plumbing. I learned a lot working with the journeyman plumbers on job sites of all sizes.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Rushed into solo work
Incredible Work environment and outstanding Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Working at Mr. Rooter plumbing has set high expectations for further employment positions. The friendly staff, amazing work environment and customer service offered was beyond anything I've ever seen before.
Good
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
This is a good place to work. A Family run company. Flexible and overall very good. Have been here 3 years. Techs are great to work with. The prople in the office are also just as great, overall all is good. Just wish it was closer to home.
Pros
Free Lunches, Hockey Game Tickets
Cons
Not close to home
Staff were like family
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2017
I was able to learn a lot from my experience with Mr. Rooter. Staff were always helpful and great to work with. I was able to learn about government functions as well as safety issues within the work place.
No respect for family life
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
I would never want to not be paid to be on call ever again. Get ready leave at 2am and have the customer say no and receive no wages. Paid commission or hourly whatever suits the company and pays you less. All the franchise's are like this. They line their pockets with 500 dollar calls and you starve on the crumbs if you only get a call per day or less. Won't ever work for commission or crooked companies again. What a waste of years. If there was a negative stars for family life I'd apply it. Expect you to leave home in an instant whenever or wherever you are. Awful.
Pros
Cons
No life family or future
Good starting apprenticeship position
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 August 2016
Enjoyed working here. Lots of friendly people, and good management.
However the job security was not good.

Was placed with a senior plumber to assist him in any heavy lifting. He was an extremely knowledgable individual and taught me all of his neat tricks of the trade.
Most days were enjoyable. If not, they were at least educational.
Not my place to work
plumber (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
Hated that had to sign everyone up for a 'membership'
Regular 5 min jobs which any normal plumber wouldn't charge for if he had any morals cost clients in excess of $300.
Hated ripping people off because they didnt know better,
if this is something you can sleep at night doing then its the job for you.
Pros
new van
Cons
very hard to sell services, overpriced products and services, hard to make a wage some weeks.
productive and a good place to work
Plumber (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 March 2016
show up for work
wait to get a call to go on
get materials for job
drive to job
help customer out and complete job
paper work and then go to another job

i learn how to deal with customers and work in a more chaotic work environment.
Horrible job
staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta10 June 2014
It was a very horrible experience, worst job ever, promises were made but not kept.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
I have gained extensive office experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 May 2013
My typical day at work at Mr. Rooter consisted of booking clients for appointments and ensuring that the plumbers would arrive on time. I worked with about 8-10 plumbers at a given time so I had to ensure that every appointment was assigned to each plumber. I have learned and gained a lot of office experience from working there. I have learned HR, payroll, filling out worker's claims and sending them off to worker's, I have completed T4's for 2 consecutive years there, and have learned the everyday office duties such as filing, faxing, email, etc.
the most enjoyable part of that job was the people I have worked with. They were all so easy going and were very manageable.
Pros
Gained experience in all aspects of business
Cons
The job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.