Mr. Pretzels Employee Reviews

Welcoming and Kind environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2018
Working at Mr. Pretzels was a great experience for people with little to no work experience. The other employees were all kind and welcoming of any new members. Hours were fairly generous and the environment was quite organized and everyone worked well as a team.
Pros
Free Pretzels
Enjoyable and friendly work space.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 July 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and I enjoyed the different change of paces.
I learned how to work with different personalities and how to be a leader when need be.
The management was accommodating to the employees needs.
The workplace culture was good, everyone knew where the company started.
The hardest part was dealing with the difficult customers but that happens on a rear occurrence. Having those experiences were a learning lesson every time and I have more of a knowledge dealing with those sorts of customers.
The most enjoyable were the employees. They made work fun and I have made life long friends.
Pros
Free pretzels on lunches and free waters
Cons
15 minute lunches for 8 hour work days.
not enjoyable at all, management was not very good and disorganized
Part-time worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
I thoroughly didn't enjoy working there, management was unorganized and didn't deal with problem solving well. equipment malfunctions were frequent, However the Calgary branch was new and had many things to get right as it was brand new when i began working there.
Cons
management, worker engagement
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2018
Mr.Pretzel is a unique field of work. You get to see people smile for the product you sell and that makes me happy seeing my customers satisfied. A typical day at work is calm sometimes rush. I learned a lot in peoples characters, their point of views, etc. The hardest part is to make sure we don't have a big rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is get to meet new people, have their opinion how to make the food even better, what they would like to see in the menus, etc.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  6801 Trans-Canada, Pointe-ClaireH9R 5J210 February 2018
I worked there for a brief 4-5 months , while i worked i got along with my coworkers the management was alright the job was good. The hours weren't too long nor was the job hard.
fun work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 January 2018
a typical day at work was very busy but fun. i've learned how to deal with a busy work enviroment. the management wasnt really my cup of tea but the employees made up for it
Pros
enviroment
Cons
management
Simple et agreable
Caissier/Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC18 December 2017
Le travail aux Pretzel est simple il suffi de suivre des instructions simple, les employer sont souriant et investie dans la tache ce qui rend le travail plus agreable.
Pros
Pretzel gratuit
Cons
mauvais management
Great Team but Bad Franchisee
Part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
The people I worked with are extremely friendly and outgoing. They were helpful and patient when I was still learning the ropes. I learnt how to make the dough for pretzels, how to roll them, how to cook them in the oven as well as how to dress and serve them to customers. The hardest part about the job was having to deal with the franchise owner who was at times, rude not only to customers but also to my coworkers and I. Another hard part was keeping up with the weekend rush where the line up and become as long as 20 people or even more. Other than that, everything about the job was great.
Pros
Free Pretzels, Great People
Cons
Insane Rushes, Rude Franchisee
Fun workplace with a young crowd
Part-time employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2017
-work load varies with certain days and the crowd in the mall
-work environment very friendly and welcoming
-management not as efficient and understanding as in the past
Approved
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Its a good place to work to start your experience in the food industry and improve your costumer service skills. Very fast pace during a rush which in my opinion is a great way to learn multi-tasking and patience.
Highly confusing
Operations (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC21 October 2016
The only thing I learned, was what never to do.
Too much negativity, yelling.
I believe I was only there to come up with guidelines etc...and once they got what they wanted I was no longer needed.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Very negative
Fast pace job and very sociable clients
Commis au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2016
Fun place to work at , very fast and always have something to do !
Hardest part of the job is the opening to prepare everything in 30 minutes :)
Cons
The smell of butter sticking to your clothes
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 May 2016
I had a very friendly welcome at Mr. Pretzels. Everyone working there was very young and energetic, and it was quite easy for me to get used to the work. The supervisors were very nice and understanding as well, they would help us correct our mistakes and improve our work, and they would always appreciate our accomplishments of the day. It was overall a good experience, especially for a first job. I learned to be more patient and how to deal with different types of customers. This job gave me a lot of good experience, that will come in handy for my future career.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rosemere28 July 2015
Company taught me how to better work and communicate with the public. Learned how to properly serve and treat customers.
Pros
Ability to work with the public