Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
The management is amazing when it comes to training their staff, they are willing to do anything it takes in order for someone to be qualified for the expectations of the costumers. Costumers at this place are amazing due to the fact that people visit from different kind of places, each and one of us try and learn the culture and who are customers are.
Pros
The manager was great and considerate towards anything.
Cons
Not having bartenders on a weekday
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB29 May 2018
Always doing something
Cleaning tables
Running Around
hosting
Bringing food out to customers
I loved being around people all the time
A very people person.
It was good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 May 2018
I liked working here, it was fun and it was a good environment and the food was good. I was only a teenager at the time but it was good for after school
Productive and professional work environment
Server/Host/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB1 May 2018
I started as a host here when I was 17. When I became a legal age, I got my preserve and began server training. I stayed serving at Mr. Mike's until August of 2017. An amazing place to work, great staff and management!
Fun place to work
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 May 2018
I loved working here, made lots of lifelong friends.
There was a lot of drama between some of the girl but I feel like that is expected anywhere you go. The tip out was a low number so that was a huge plus if you were a server or bartender.
Pros
Tip out, Flexible hours/shifts
fun work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 April 2018
serving customers
I learned how to seat and serve people properly
management was wonderful
work place culture was excellent
the hardest part of the job was working on busy days
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with others and making new friends
Slower Paced
Expodite (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 April 2018
When i worked at this company it was slow most of the time which ended in people getting sent home early so the hours were very little at some points. Management was ok but they do hold favorites. And the overall workplace was very cliquey.
Not a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 March 2018
People are great but management is poor and unmotivated and therefore so are the staff. Staff changes frequently do to the poor working environment and firings. Your hours get cut lots due to the restaurant not being busy and don't expect a raise anytime. The reviews for Mr mikes on the Internet are fabricated as half of them are from current employees and even the owner himself trying to drum up business. They have no OHS meetings or CPR training to ensure the safety of employees or guests. Overall there are no benefits to working here that you wouldn't be able to find at other restaurants.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Best place to work in the food industry in Fort Saint john
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 February 2018
Mangement is fantastic and so understanding. Moreover, the staff there is also so helping and friendly, and promotes
safe and fun working conditions
I would highly recommend of this place
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK21 February 2018
Just starting here and its been great. A casual place where they are also professional. Teamwork is great also. The GM is great and the benefits are awesome.
Friendly but professional establishment
Hostess & Server (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 February 2018
A typical day working at Mr Mikes would start off with our pre-shift meeting led by on duty manager. This would be going over our specials for the day, what items were currently out of stock, and expectations for the shift. Then while we waited for the rush to start we would make sure all of our pepper and salt mills were full, fresh coffee was brewing, dishes were stacked, etc. Then once the dinner rush started we focused on our tables as well as trying to help our coworkers. The management at this establishment was professional but also casual enough that you felt comfortable chatting with your mangers about day to day life. It definitely had it's ups and downs, just like any job does. Overall I am happy I was able to be apart of the little Mr Mikes family and experience the ways of the serving industry.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No breaks to eat
Perfect job for students
Waitress & Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2018
It's a customer service job, so it definitely has bad days. However, the staff at the Regina locations are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. Even on the most hectic nights, the staff works well as a team and the management is really understanding in terms of scheduling. It has been my home for three years and counting.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, staff discount
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Good team work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2018
A typical work day involves familiarizing myself with my section and helping stock for the shift. It overall is a good company to work for. Sometimes find it immature and cliquey. I love interacting with the public.
Great Managers and great people
Server/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 January 2018
I had roughly 6 different managers while working at Mr. Mikes, all of which were extremely friendly and great to be with. The workers were all very nice and all seemed to enjoy being there. The environment Mr. Mikes set out was great for anyone wanting to join the restaurant business.
Fun amazing environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON7 December 2017
everyone who works at Mr.Mikes has an outgoing personality and are really easy to get along with. New company to Ontario, everyone is learning how to run a restaurant and how work with everyone.
Coworkers are amazing
Server (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK24 November 2017
enjoyed working with my coworkers
enjoyed being around customers
I have learned a lot about managing other people
improved a lot in my public communication skills
The Overall Area
Cook & Dish-Pit (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK10 November 2017
Friendly people with even better customers. Everyone always made it their goal to keep everyone happy but with patience and the help of others. It was always a happy time there.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Hours
productive, fast pace and fun work environment.
PREP/LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 November 2017
always challenges each day, have it be properly enforcing FIFO habits or keeping the busy hands persistence. learned how to execute time management in a efficient and sanitary manner, while prioritizing various tasks needing be done for the day. communication amoungst leaders could be better. Overall atmosphere of peoples attitude towards the business can be uplifting. The days workload is hardly efficient if the workers aren't compliant with one another, always a smoother day when a great deal of team work is put into action.
Pros
great tipout when lowered labour costs, awarded staff parties when customer satisfaction is at a high
Cons
shortened hours. miscommunication
worked as line cook for more than 8 months
Cook (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 November 2017
i was worked as a line cook for more than 8 months in last year 2016, its a good place to learn and get work experience,because its is a franchise , we are been under training and also to follow the procedures
good place to work, friendly staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 October 2017
As a current worker there, I have experienced great times and super busy nights. I love the restuarnt industry, but want to try out a few more jobs before i make a set goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual. Our community is ready to answer.