Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual Employee Reviews

Positive and good team work
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 September 2018
-Happy at work with my co-workers
.multitasking
.Good and fair management
.Adopt Canadian style hared working
.learn of style of Canadian
.team work positive at work
Pros
break time
Cons
Overtime
mr mikes daily shift
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the new people in our community. I like serving their food and asking how they are. Ive learned you must be on your feet and not slack on this job
Great atmosphere to work in, very busy.
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab13 September 2018
Working at the Mr. Mikes, West Edmonton Mall location was GREAT! Great tips, super busy and fast paced work environment. Upper Management kind of went down the drain when given to inexperienced workers, which is why I ended up leaving. Other than that, was one of my favorite restaurants to work at.
Pros
fast paced, great tips, enjoyed going to work
Cons
Was living in the north end, so distance.
Bad and no management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK30 August 2018
This place has gone downhill in the last half year or so. There are no managers because nobody wants to work at Mr Mikes due to it being the worst restaurant in Regina. The management that is there seems to just want to party with the staff and have a goodtime. Someone needs to shut this dump down.
Cons
Fun and safe work space but poor management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2018
Constantly changing managers/ training new managers, because they would disagree with something within the work space and then leave the rest of the restaurant in a frenzy. Very friendly and understanding people and great memories and moments are created in the store, just not a very busy atmosphere, so if you're looking for something slow this is a good beginner job.
Pros
good co-workers, fun environment, good tips, slow pace and easy going
Cons
management
An amazing experience and overall an great workspace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 August 2018
Working at Mr MIKES was one of the best opportunities I could have been given. The crew is full of so much joy and excitement that they bring such an phenomenal atmosphere to the work space.
Pros
Coworkes
Cons
Free Lance Hours
bad management
Cook (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB24 July 2018
salary is low but the work there is non stop . no breaktime and they dont tell us what time are we going to finished the work.. co workers are taking advatages to those who are new employee. they will let you to clean the kitchen everyday while they are just chatting and having a smoke break outside.
Cons
no break
pretty god job overall for understanding food and learning how to cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 July 2018
the job was a good experience to be able to take control of situations, working under pressure and for stability. also goo learning experience for cooking
Pros
employee discounts, environment, coworker
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
The management is amazing when it comes to training their staff, they are willing to do anything it takes in order for someone to be qualified for the expectations of the costumers. Costumers at this place are amazing due to the fact that people visit from different kind of places, each and one of us try and learn the culture and who are customers are.
Pros
The manager was great and considerate towards anything.
Cons
Not having bartenders on a weekday
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 June 2018
It's a great place to work, everyone is awesome to work with, lot's of great staff and the guests that come through the door are treated like family. Learned a great deal about restaurants and how they operate.
Pros
the staff
Cons
lots of hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB29 May 2018
Always doing something
Cleaning tables
Running Around
hosting
Bringing food out to customers
I loved being around people all the time
A very people person.
It was good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 May 2018
I liked working here, it was fun and it was a good environment and the food was good. I was only a teenager at the time but it was good for after school
Productive and professional work environment
Server/Host/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB1 May 2018
I started as a host here when I was 17. When I became a legal age, I got my preserve and began server training. I stayed serving at Mr. Mike's until August of 2017. An amazing place to work, great staff and management!
Fun place to work
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 May 2018
I loved working here, made lots of lifelong friends.
There was a lot of drama between some of the girl but I feel like that is expected anywhere you go. The tip out was a low number so that was a huge plus if you were a server or bartender.
Pros
Tip out, Flexible hours/shifts
fun work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 April 2018
serving customers
I learned how to seat and serve people properly
management was wonderful
work place culture was excellent
the hardest part of the job was working on busy days
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with others and making new friends
Slower Paced
Expodite (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 April 2018
When i worked at this company it was slow most of the time which ended in people getting sent home early so the hours were very little at some points. Management was ok but they do hold favorites. And the overall workplace was very cliquey.
Not a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 March 2018
People are great but management is poor and unmotivated and therefore so are the staff. Staff changes frequently do to the poor working environment and firings. Your hours get cut lots due to the restaurant not being busy and don't expect a raise anytime. The reviews for Mr mikes on the Internet are fabricated as half of them are from current employees and even the owner himself trying to drum up business. They have no OHS meetings or CPR training to ensure the safety of employees or guests. Overall there are no benefits to working here that you wouldn't be able to find at other restaurants.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Best place to work in the food industry in Fort Saint john
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 February 2018
Mangement is fantastic and so understanding. Moreover, the staff there is also so helping and friendly, and promotes
safe and fun working conditions
I would highly recommend of this place
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK21 February 2018
Just starting here and its been great. A casual place where they are also professional. Teamwork is great also. The GM is great and the benefits are awesome.
Friendly but professional establishment
Hostess & Server (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 February 2018
A typical day working at Mr Mikes would start off with our pre-shift meeting led by on duty manager. This would be going over our specials for the day, what items were currently out of stock, and expectations for the shift. Then while we waited for the rush to start we would make sure all of our pepper and salt mills were full, fresh coffee was brewing, dishes were stacked, etc. Then once the dinner rush started we focused on our tables as well as trying to help our coworkers. The management at this establishment was professional but also casual enough that you felt comfortable chatting with your mangers about day to day life. It definitely had it's ups and downs, just like any job does. Overall I am happy I was able to be apart of the little Mr Mikes family and experience the ways of the serving industry.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No breaks to eat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual. Our community is ready to answer.