Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 March 2018
People are great but management is poor and unmotivated and therefore so are the staff. Staff changes frequently do to the poor working environment and firings. Your hours get cut lots due to the restaurant not being busy and don't expect a raise anytime. The reviews for Mr mikes on the Internet are fabricated as half of them are from current employees and even the owner himself trying to drum up business. They have no OHS meetings or CPR training to ensure the safety of employees or guests. Overall there are no benefits to working here that you wouldn't be able to find at other restaurants.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
The management is amazing when it comes to training their staff, they are willing to do anything it takes in order for someone to be qualified for the expectations of the costumers. Costumers at this place are amazing due to the fact that people visit from different kind of places, each and one of us try and learn the culture and who are customers are.
Pros
The manager was great and considerate towards anything.
Cons
Not having bartenders on a weekday
Great atmosphere to work in, very busy.
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab13 September 2018
Working at the Mr. Mikes, West Edmonton Mall location was GREAT! Great tips, super busy and fast paced work environment. Upper Management kind of went down the drain when given to inexperienced workers, which is why I ended up leaving. Other than that, was one of my favorite restaurants to work at.
Pros
fast paced, great tips, enjoyed going to work
Cons
Was living in the north end, so distance.
Fun and safe work space but poor management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2018
Constantly changing managers/ training new managers, because they would disagree with something within the work space and then leave the rest of the restaurant in a frenzy. Very friendly and understanding people and great memories and moments are created in the store, just not a very busy atmosphere, so if you're looking for something slow this is a good beginner job.
Pros
good co-workers, fun environment, good tips, slow pace and easy going
Cons
management
Fun place to be
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
Overall pretty fun and engaging workplace. The management is helpful and involved with both the employees and the guests. Was able to gain more confidence in customer service. Hardest part of the job is adapting to and learning about new events.
Pros
50% off on days of work
Cons
Low hours
Love this place
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  High River, AB6 December 2018
Mr mikes in high river is an amazing place to work it feels like a family working there and I have made many new relationships with the staff and management
Pros
50% staff meals
Cons
short shifts
Bad and no management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK30 August 2018
This place has gone downhill in the last half year or so. There are no managers because nobody wants to work at Mr Mikes due to it being the worst restaurant in Regina. The management that is there seems to just want to party with the staff and have a goodtime. Someone needs to shut this dump down.
Great Environment Bad Management
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB17 January 2019
I worked for this company for almost two years, I loved each and everyone of my co-workers and enjoyed going to work each day. I was released after missing a shift on a day I had booked off months prior for a family matter and could not miss. I worked almost everyday and would never say no if needed to stay longer or come in earlier and always had an issue being approved for days off which I rarely requested
Positive and good team work
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 September 2018
-Happy at work with my co-workers
.multitasking
.Good and fair management
.Adopt Canadian style hared working
.learn of style of Canadian
.team work positive at work
Pros
break time
Cons
Overtime
bad management
Cook (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB24 July 2018
salary is low but the work there is non stop . no breaktime and they dont tell us what time are we going to finished the work.. co workers are taking advatages to those who are new employee. they will let you to clean the kitchen everyday while they are just chatting and having a smoke break outside.
Cons
no break
fun work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 April 2018
serving customers
I learned how to seat and serve people properly
management was wonderful
work place culture was excellent
the hardest part of the job was working on busy days
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with others and making new friends
Fun place to work, but my pay was poor
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB3 January 2019
Regular kitchen work
-make food
-clean
-wash dishes
-prep

Kitchen Manager was amazing
The workplace was fun, busy and co-workers were great.
A hard part was the rushes and stress

Personally I felt underpaid in which i worked there for a year in which i was usually if not always performing my hardest, always willing to work if available (frequently took others shifts). I was stuck at minimum.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Perfect job for students
Waitress & Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2018
It's a customer service job, so it definitely has bad days. However, the staff at the Regina locations are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. Even on the most hectic nights, the staff works well as a team and the management is really understanding in terms of scheduling. It has been my home for three years and counting.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, staff discount
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Productive and fun place to work with.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2018
Real people and great foods, something that I was proud of during my time at Mr. Mikes Bonnyville.

If you have charisma and excellent customer service this place is definitely worthed even just for part-time employment.
Friendly but professional establishment
Hostess & Server (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 February 2018
A typical day working at Mr Mikes would start off with our pre-shift meeting led by on duty manager. This would be going over our specials for the day, what items were currently out of stock, and expectations for the shift. Then while we waited for the rush to start we would make sure all of our pepper and salt mills were full, fresh coffee was brewing, dishes were stacked, etc. Then once the dinner rush started we focused on our tables as well as trying to help our coworkers. The management at this establishment was professional but also casual enough that you felt comfortable chatting with your mangers about day to day life. It definitely had it's ups and downs, just like any job does. Overall I am happy I was able to be apart of the little Mr Mikes family and experience the ways of the serving industry.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No breaks to eat
Fun, community place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  High River, AB28 September 2018
A typical day involved a lot of laughs and good work, and it was a very friendly work environment. Although I loved working there, one manager was not friendly or very helpful, but it did not put a damper on my experience.
Great place to work while in school
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 October 2018
The staff is incredible, it's like having more family. The hours are flexible and everyone is always understanding. Hours are mostly evening and weekends however, the same goes for any restaurant.
Pros
staff is incredible
mr mikes daily shift
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the new people in our community. I like serving their food and asking how they are. Ive learned you must be on your feet and not slack on this job
Productive and professional work environment
Server/Host/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB1 May 2018
I started as a host here when I was 17. When I became a legal age, I got my preserve and began server training. I stayed serving at Mr. Mike's until August of 2017. An amazing place to work, great staff and management!
An amazing experience and overall an great workspace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 August 2018
Working at Mr MIKES was one of the best opportunities I could have been given. The crew is full of so much joy and excitement that they bring such an phenomenal atmosphere to the work space.
Pros
Coworkes
Cons
Free Lance Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual. Our community is ready to answer.