Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual Employee Reviews

fun work place
Server/Hostess and Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2019
A typical day at wok as a Server. Check in at the front with Hostess Check your Section make sure everything looks good! Most enjoyable part is seeing our guest happy & full.
Pros
busy work place
Cons
bad communication
good place to work and come for a casual dinner
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB18 March 2019
I had fun working here. Helped me grow as an individual. Management was more like friends then a authority figure.
Everyone was nice and got along.
fun place to work.
Good place to work with a good work family feel
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC23 February 2019
I would come to work and enjoy what I was doing. I would start by making sure that my side of the line was stocked and the cook for the rush. I would then shut down the appetizer side of the line. The management was pretty good and made sure that you were treated fairly. Most of the front of house got along well with the back of the house, except a few because some of the kitchen workers were very rude to waitress'. The hardest part of the job was getting all the orders out on time, but even that it was not too hard. The best part was getting to see my co-workers and enjoying my time working with them.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
It's a kitchen... pretty crude sometimes
would not recommend
Bartender/Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB26 January 2019
you "work" 5 days a week but get sent home early every shift. so the managers end up taking tables. and you end up making less then 400$ in a two week period
Not the worst for management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada24 January 2019
Being an AGM was very rewarding and lucrative for the work involved. Lots of admin work, plenty of late nights and constant training of staff made it a pretty diverse position.

If I had the opportunity to go back to do it over again, I would.
Pros
Staff was amazing, great customers, supportive owners
Cons
Consistently got differing orders from each boss, the location did poorly in sales, labour budgets were too small.
Fun team to work with
SERVER & SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK22 January 2019
When I worked at Mr. Mikes the team I worked with was very helpful and supportive. Everyone helped each other and worked well with one another. However that team has sense left.
Great Environment Bad Management
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB17 January 2019
I worked for this company for almost two years, I loved each and everyone of my co-workers and enjoyed going to work each day. I was released after missing a shift on a day I had booked off months prior for a family matter and could not miss. I worked almost everyday and would never say no if needed to stay longer or come in earlier and always had an issue being approved for days off which I rarely requested
Fun place to work, but my pay was poor
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB3 January 2019
Regular kitchen work
-make food
-clean
-wash dishes
-prep

Kitchen Manager was amazing
The workplace was fun, busy and co-workers were great.
A hard part was the rushes and stress

Personally I felt underpaid in which i worked there for a year in which i was usually if not always performing my hardest, always willing to work if available (frequently took others shifts). I was stuck at minimum.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Love this place
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  High River, AB6 December 2018
Mr mikes in high river is an amazing place to work it feels like a family working there and I have made many new relationships with the staff and management
Pros
50% staff meals
Cons
short shifts
Productive and fun place to work with.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2018
Real people and great foods, something that I was proud of during my time at Mr. Mikes Bonnyville.

If you have charisma and excellent customer service this place is definitely worthed even just for part-time employment.
Fun place to be
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
Overall pretty fun and engaging workplace. The management is helpful and involved with both the employees and the guests. Was able to gain more confidence in customer service. Hardest part of the job is adapting to and learning about new events.
Pros
50% off on days of work
Cons
Low hours
Great place to work while in school
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 October 2018
The staff is incredible, it's like having more family. The hours are flexible and everyone is always understanding. Hours are mostly evening and weekends however, the same goes for any restaurant.
Pros
staff is incredible
Fun, community place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  High River, AB28 September 2018
A typical day involved a lot of laughs and good work, and it was a very friendly work environment. Although I loved working there, one manager was not friendly or very helpful, but it did not put a damper on my experience.
Positive and good team work
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 September 2018
-Happy at work with my co-workers
.multitasking
.Good and fair management
.Adopt Canadian style hared working
.learn of style of Canadian
.team work positive at work
Pros
break time
Cons
Overtime
mr mikes daily shift
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the new people in our community. I like serving their food and asking how they are. Ive learned you must be on your feet and not slack on this job
Great atmosphere to work in, very busy.
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab13 September 2018
Working at the Mr. Mikes, West Edmonton Mall location was GREAT! Great tips, super busy and fast paced work environment. Upper Management kind of went down the drain when given to inexperienced workers, which is why I ended up leaving. Other than that, was one of my favorite restaurants to work at.
Pros
fast paced, great tips, enjoyed going to work
Cons
Was living in the north end, so distance.
Bad and no management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK30 August 2018
This place has gone downhill in the last half year or so. There are no managers because nobody wants to work at Mr Mikes due to it being the worst restaurant in Regina. The management that is there seems to just want to party with the staff and have a goodtime. Someone needs to shut this dump down.
Cons
Fun and safe work space but poor management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2018
Constantly changing managers/ training new managers, because they would disagree with something within the work space and then leave the rest of the restaurant in a frenzy. Very friendly and understanding people and great memories and moments are created in the store, just not a very busy atmosphere, so if you're looking for something slow this is a good beginner job.
Pros
good co-workers, fun environment, good tips, slow pace and easy going
Cons
management
An amazing experience and overall an great workspace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC4 August 2018
Working at Mr MIKES was one of the best opportunities I could have been given. The crew is full of so much joy and excitement that they bring such an phenomenal atmosphere to the work space.
Pros
Coworkes
Cons
Free Lance Hours
bad management
Cook (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB24 July 2018
salary is low but the work there is non stop . no breaktime and they dont tell us what time are we going to finished the work.. co workers are taking advatages to those who are new employee. they will let you to clean the kitchen everyday while they are just chatting and having a smoke break outside.
Cons
no break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual. Our community is ready to answer.