Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Fun workplace for the first 4 months
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2019
I enjoyed my first couple months at mr.lube until i got mistreated and under paid for the work i did. I enjoyed working with my employees but not so much with my manger.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Under paid
its ok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 March 2019
I would recommend for new comers to the industry, not recommended for anyone with any serious mechanical background, its a waste of your time.

Its also a waste if you want to try and become an apprentice as well, no opportunity in advancement regarding any technical work, however if you do have great sales experience, you will thrive with this company
Pros
commission
Cons
high pressure/no life
Satisfying, fufilling and entertaining
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2019
The work was there and with the right staff the days flew by. Even when it was very busy with the staff we had we managed to make it by and still have a great time. It was difficult from time to time to get a message up the chain of command but the higher levels were just about always on top of anything, had a nice sense of humor and very accommodating.
Pros
Flexible hours, positive work eniornment
Cons
No benifits
Managers Hate you and do not care
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON21 March 2019
Management hates you
Your reputation is a scam artist
You're harassed about the ticket all the time
The Google reviews are fake, co-workers were forced to write them.
They can send you to different stores, without compensation or gas money.
Pros
I wish there were some
Cons
Upselling, Harrassment, Pay
Owners are ridiculous
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ON19 March 2019
Owners will come in and yell at you in front of Staff, belittle you and manipulate you.
Mostly worried about what goes into their pockets.
Do not pay what job is worth.
Area managers are okay to deal with.
Managers are okay to work for... Depending on which location you are at.
Coworkers are usually great to be around... Except when they can't do their job.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Treatment of employees by owners.
Great place, great people
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 March 2019
Not a bad place to be, great hours great people, really good location for anyone around town, work is great, learn alot of everyday knowledge for basic car stuff
Little to no training, slightly above minimum pay, horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. James, MB3 March 2019
The managers are complete know-it-all’s, they never teach you, they’ll only solve the problems themselves. They give you little to no hours a week, and expect you to do everything you can for them. Job life is a joke, employees are complete air heads. Also they have employee meetings that they don’t pay you for attending and if you’re unaware of them, expect all your shifts to disappear the following week. This place is a joke, an absolute mockery of employment, and they’ll try to force you into forcing a customer to spend 3x more than necessary on their visit, cause they’re money hungry scum. Do. Not. Work. Here.
Pros
Teaching you a life lesson
Cons
Everything about the job
work experience
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
The job would be cool if the management was better. There is a lot of learning that is good, but if you are to make money you need to meet sales goals which are a lot of times unrealistic. The environment becomes very oppressive because the pressure that is put on the managers comes from the top, because of the requirement for sales goals.
You also don't get paid for the training tests you do online and for clean up after work.
Once all the above are addressed then you will be fine to work here.
Cons
unpaid clean up time
Horrible Management/Ownership
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 February 2019
If you want to get jipped for your bonus (the only thing that makes it worth while to work there) it's a great spot. Its happened 3 or 4 times where the owners would make up a story on something that was messed up on a vehicle, put the blame on a technician who never even touched the vehicle just so they could take as many peoples bonuses as they can. And then screw off to Cuba or Quebec for 2 weeks at a time.
Cons
Getting crapped on 24/7 for things that happen on your days off, they take 30 minutes off your pay everyday even if you dont take a lunch
Awful, never work here, under paid, over worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 February 2019
NEVER and I mean NEVER work here, the owners to the absolute minimum to even keep the store open, always dealing with broken or cheap tools, only paid minimum wage with very little opportunity to make any extra money, they treat younger people like garbage, if you dont scam people all day long and upsell you WILL get fired, they have a bonus system where you make more money the more you sell but they will tell you that you broke something and not give you your bonus. If you are a little chubby one of the owners will make fun of you and call you fat/Lazy. As a Mr lube employee you do get 50% off all services although, if there is any sort of a line they wont give you the discount. Told that you're lucky to work here every day. The owners always take big expensive trips and come back and brag about how good the trips were. Way over worked for a minimum wage job with 11 hour shifts and NO lunch breaks if the store is busy, lunch breaks are removed from pay even if you dont take one. Overall if you're looking for a job mcdonalds would be better.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, owners rude obnoxious, promised everything get nothing. Literally everything about it is a con
Unpredictable to say the least!
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 February 2019
Hired on as an upper Tech, within a few months i was lead hand, the manager at the waterloo location was phenominal, majority of the team rocked, however like anywhere a few were a little high on their horse. Transferred to another location as part of my promotion,and it was TERRIBLE!
It was disgusting, the manager was a manipulative you know what as were the owners and MOST of the area managers.
So much sexual harrassment, and when reported I was sternly reminded not to make waves. UHHH WHAT?!
After choosing to take a stand for my rights, i was let go for "intimidating and threatening behaviour"
Despite asking for further details, none could or would be provided.

The customers were fantastic though and many have followed me to a new location under different owners.

The competitive wages are a joke, and these specific locations are over priced.

*insider tip* call a few different locations and request price checks on anything outside an oil change.
Pros
Made some great friendships
Cons
Long hours, slimey management, horrible owners
Fun work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
They do a good job of properly training their technicians and sales staff. Very slow days at some locations, incredibly high paced at others. Would recommend to young people looking for a first job!
Recommend avoiding this company
Lower Tech (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 February 2019
Franchisee is not concerned in the well being of employees. Using questionable business practices on a day to day basis. Improper treatment of staff by management at the Sudbury location . demeaning of employees, discrimination, and racial bias. Relationship between staff members is excellent. Good friends and long lasting relationships formed.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Dispicable Owner
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2019
Good experience to work on cars. good environment, any problems or encounters were addressed by management promptly. Good training program offered when job was started.
Not the best place to work
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 January 2019
Management was always pushing you to sell extra things for vehicles that weren’t always needed. If you dont sell enough extra things you can potentially loose your job. Management is not great.
Pros
Easy job (mostly)
Cons
Promotions really aren’t a thing.
Great place to work and grow
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2019
Great employer to work for. they really try to help you better yourself and help you grow professionally. lots of opportunities available, very flexible if you are going to school or have another job.
Pros
Very flexible hours, great wages
Fun and fulfilling workplace environment
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
During my employment at Mr. Lube I learned a good amount about automotives and identifying/knowing the uses for multiple different lubricants. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the atmosphere of the shop
Overall
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2019
During my time at Mr.Lube I learned alot about maintenance of an automobile and how to maintain them myself, the management was always there for you if needed and my coworkers were always friendly.
harassment and bullying workplace
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2019
I either got harassed or bullied at my work place.
I learned how to drain oil and change oil filters.
Management was not the best.
We had no culture.
The hardest part of my job was wondering how my shift was gonna be like that day.
I didn't enjoy my job at Mr.Lube.
Its a fun place to work
LOWER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
It starts with checking in, the minute you checking in the tough time starts .The work place is fun but as i was the only lower technician and there were 8 upper technicians . So they do their job so fast because they are 8 and there is only 3 bays in the whole store ,and the hardest one was nobody wants to help the lower tech coz its dirty job lots of hot oil and grease and all kinds of stuff . And the good thing about Mr. Lube was they give you commission when you do upseling . I used to do a lot of upselling . But at the end of the shift you will be so tired .And my manager over there was not that nice towards me and he asked me to paint the store and the garbage door when it was -20 degrees outside. And i did it really good .They didnt mention anything about the painting jobs in the offer letter . And the used to switch me over to different locations.There was a lot of hard ships which i had to go through over there .And the end of the day or of your shift you wont be having energy to do another job . You feel like crashing on to the bed .
Pros
commissions
Cons
need to work on 3 cars with in 10 min