Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

BAD work experience
Automotive advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
people work there are just awful.
Most of the employees have 0 knowledge on automotive, and they do not know what they are talking to the customers. Their recommendation service is base upon the service manual which is manipulated by the owner.

The employees are good at step on you for their own benefits and make money for them.
Pros
fast hiring procedure
Great Place to start off
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2017
Great place to for anyone who is looking to get into the automotive field they provide great training and all the services that they do and you get to work on a variety of cars as well
Pros
Great Learning for startes
Cons
long days
A fast-paced job that is made easy by the people that work there
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2017
Mr. Lube is an auto shop meant for keeping up on and replacing the fluids within your vehicle. While easy to do, the volume of customers means you can't sit still for too long. At times, the amount of people that need their cars maintained can be overwhelming. And this can easily frustrate you as sometimes, things do not happen the way you want them to. But, this frustrating atmosphere is lightened by the humour and laid back personalities of the people that work there. As an employee at Mr. Lube, you are immediately taught the skills and safety procedures that will make you a successful employee. Management tries its hardest to create an evenly weighted schedule that means every employee will be happy with his/her hours. But if they aren't, then management is open to suggestions and welcomes ideas on how to fix any problems they might have.
Lots of down time
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 January 2017
You don't get back what you put in. Trying to improve customer service is a hard thing to do here. There is no real structure on policy and procedures. Hardest part of the job is lack of training.
Good work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 December 2016
Good over all work enviorment, always somthing to do and to stay busy, Great if your interested in cars and interacting with people all at the same time.
fun and high paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 December 2016
I enjoyed everything about this place. The people I worked with and my manager were all great to be around. The customer base was good, many good people and regulars would come in. Training was excellent and so was the extra knowledge bestowed upon me from my manager.
Pros
fast paced environment and good people
Cons
max out on the pay scale quickly if you do well
Fast paced, attention to detail oriented
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 December 2016
Generally fast paced environment but varies by season and location, you will learn a fair amount about cars, services, products and sales. You are dealing with public and varying degrees of automotive knowledge and tasks so it can be really easy and fun or really frustrating depending on the customer, service, type of vehicle etc. Quality of co-workers and management will vary depending on the locations you work at, I've personally had bother very enjoyable and very aggravating ones but I guess that really is the case in most places. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction of doing a good job and truly helping someone out, even if it was just something I did of my own accord that wasn't a company related service. Hardest parts of the job are getting the real knack for properly conveying information to and dealing with the public at times, everyone is different so theres not really one set way to do it. Compensation isn't great, more of an entry level job.
Relatively safe place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2016
Relatively safe place to work, management was not on point however the coworkers made it a fun place to come to work. I am however glad to have moved on to bigger and better things.
Very fast paced and professional environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Very rewarding job IF you're a go goetter
- Hours were not too long
- Management was very flexible
- Co-workers were very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was working during the winter time were it was slow and cold
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Incentive deductions
Fast-paced labour job
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
Experiences will vary as this is a Franchised company. All on the job training no experience necessary. Fast-paced service environment, sales and customer service position if working upstairs. lots of cleaning and store image work daily. this is a good job if you have the right manager.
Pros
paid training, competitive pay, possibility for advancement.
Cons
long hour during winter months due to tire season. dirty environment, lots of customer service.
Good/Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC8 November 2016
Overall okay job nice colleagues, but bad management with minimal accountability, not much availability for moving up within the company despite promises this can occur
great place to be
Business Administrator + Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 November 2016
this was one of the most funnest places i have worked the management wants you to learn and progress to become a manager or smarter tech, everybody is super friendly and never a dual moment but then again i had the best boss. he was willing to put me threw school and really cared about me
Pros
everything
Cons
low pay
Good job if your quick
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 October 2016
Good company to work for. Supplies managers with decent benefits and alright wages.
Have to be quick on your feet but do a good job at the same time. Have to have good manors around all customers.
Lower technician
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
· Specialized in repairing and maintaining automotive transmissions.
· Repaired, replaced and adjusted brakes.
· Engine, transmission and differential oil change.
High Security Exam
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Invigilation hundreds of people at a high security was not a challenge but the atmosphere where importance of team work was really high.Working at British Council was a great experience as the work atmosphere was amazing.
Fun and productive
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
Lots of room for advancement within the company and bonus based on sales. Great team, and management opportunities. Lower tech is overworked, and uppertechs need to do more.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Dirty
Fun and worked hard with other members of the team.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
Had a great time working with the guys, managers were pretty understanding. Worked at the busiest Mr. Lube in the southside so that was pretty hard. The most enjoyable part was clearing rushes and making sure the store was making money to get our bonuses.
Pros
I liked what I was doing
Cons
Tiring work
dirty job
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
well what can i say, its a messy job but someones gotta do it, adding into something rather interesting.... you learn a little bit and or basic information on the vehicles you drive today
Pros
fun and always busy
Cons
you are a complete dirty mess at the end of the day
A very hectic and fast paced place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
*During a typical day at work, we would change oil, transmission fluids, differentials, radiator fluid, air filter, windshield wipers

*I learned after being there what different parts os the engine we could service and how to make the customers care run more efficiently by suggesting the appropriate products accordingly

*Management was efficient, willing to teach and took their time to engage me and show me each part of my job, answering questions when I didn't always understand

*My co-workers were always willing to share information with me when I needed help and the management was busy, they also would show me different suggestions I could make to help the customers vehicle run better

*The hardest yet most enjoyable job was sales, sales was where I struggled at first because I often didn't understand the purpose or reasons for everything I sold but by diligently asking questions and getting guided answers I learned what each component offered in the running and efficiency of the vehicle and learned to know when things needed to be changed and could adequately offer the correct services to customers myself
Productive Work Place
Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
Making calls to our Lower Technicians do complete a certain job, you get the training you need, the management is great, co-workers are great and are always there to help you, nothing at the job is hard and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the customers.