Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

outdoor type feel during the summer
Lower technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2017
work environment is decent, staff does there best to make it a fun day, but still get the jobs done. however management thinks there all that, least when i worked there...
Pros
if you like working on cars, easy place to start
Cons
no room for improvement, or increase in wages
Mr Lube Fleet Manager
Fleet Manager Representative - S. Alberta Region (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Mr. Lube has a great product and the franchisees work very hard to keep the customers satisfied and returning for maintenance. The service is second to none and in the case of a claim they work very hard to resolve the customers requirements.
Pros
Discounted vehicle maintenance, benefits
Cons
Salary was low
good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2017
very clean, and organized
working on cars non stop
recommending to customers that don't want to spend the money to get the services done from us, which is difficult on us and making our ticket for the month
Pros
good hours
Cons
too clean
Productive and fun workplace
Oil Changes (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Got to learn many new skills by working hands on among fellow coworkers broadening my knowledge on the field. Everyone works as a team making the workplace a fun and enjoyable place to be.
Not a great place to work
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
longs shifts with minimal breaks (30 min for 10 hour shift). Dirty work with lots of burn and cut hazards. Very monotonous work, with little variation in the days work
Pros
50% off services
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Supervisor (Lead Hand) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked for Mr. Lube for a total of 4 years, and I really did not like the way they pressured you to make sales. The fact is they force you to sell products and services that people don't even need.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not that great at my location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 June 2017
I worked at mr Lube for some time and I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were great as well. The area managers don't really know how to do their job that great and they keep firing and hiring new people all of the time when it was unnecessary.
Lots of upselling and keeping your ticket up.
Lots of shop drama, employees getting complaints from customers I.E swearing, yelling etc and the area managers again never did nothing about it ..they would rather fire anybody else but the employees who get complaints.
This is a type of job u don't want to stay long at and even the people I worked with said that.
When I first started training was all unorganized and all over the place, people didn't train right, things always getting postponed etc...
Pros
Good co workers, shop managers etc
Cons
Area managers, cut hours, pressured to sell things when unnecessary
Bad/staff Staff, Unpleasant environment, non friendly
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2017
was not a pleasant experience, staff scams almost all customers and are okay with it, mean and harsh bosses with no empathy whatsoever, i do not recommend working there, well based on one locations experience i can't say for all.
Certified Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 June 2017
Not a bad place to work in and good people. The owner of the company is good with their workers and all the workers gets along so easily. I had alot of fun.
enjoyed the knowledge i got
SERVICE ADVISOR/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
i cant speak on every mr.lube, the one i was at defienlty needed some work in regards to management, i haven't dealt with management that poor before, i think it could be a very good place to be, its really easy to learn lots.
decent
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
liked working there, just didn't know the managed only hired me as a seasonal worker, decent place to work , had really good hours, and the other employees overall were really nice
ok place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
i worked as a tire tech for 4 seasons it was a great place to work and you could get as many hours as you would like untill it slowed down and they started to cut hours. other than that it was a great place to work
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
low pay for type of work
whatever
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
whatever I don't care, I do not want to write reviews, change oil on vehicles and their filters like man, this is ridiculous, maybe ask people if they want to review their workplaces before forcing them too
Great Starter Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
At Mr.Lube I dealt with customers every day whether is was just an oil change or a complaint. I gained a lot of confidence in my ability to deal with issues regarding my co-workers or customers. I was in charge of dealing with the work place to make sure everything went smoothly each day, this included opening/closing the store, lunch breaks and even daily shipments. For a first time job the work place is great but I found the longer you stayed with the company the less chance for advancement was available and pay was rather low. Management I felt was great at the in-store level but higher ups I felt had no idea what was going on half the time as they rarely visited any of their locations other than the main store. They felt out of touch with each store. Mainly enjoyed the flexibility I was given while in university.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours with limited time off
Awful environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 June 2017
The managers there yelled at us not to up sell the customer, but when our ticket for the day (how much we sold) dropped below $150 per car they would yell at us to sell more.
Cons
Fast paced enviroment for novice automotive technicians
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Mr. Lube is a decent place for individuals with less experience looking to pursue a career in the automotive industry. Entry level skills for automotive technicians.
good for a teenager
Retail Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2017
Its a good first time job to get started in the work force. easy hours and very easy work. Can get busy and very fast paced. Staff is mostly friendly.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
long hours, pay, managemetn
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Typical day is doing oil changes and other services. Including transmission, differential, transfer case service. But if you don't sell enough products with the oil changes you risk getting fired for not selling enough. Sometimes you have to lie to the customer in order to sell something to keep your job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough Sales will get you fired
Great place to work.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
a lot of hard work and fun. They people were great and I learn a lot from them. The bosses were flexible. It was a great place to work for and a lot of fun..
Pros
close by.